Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

The first thing he can do to be even more popular is get rid of the troublesome Collins, Dunne and Warnock.

I have asked for links to prove this. All I got is two drunk episodes. Nothing about trying to take over the dressing room or trouble on the training ground. Give me something more or I think this is a "rat in the pizza" myth.

I think the issue is not so much that they are "troublesome", just not very good at defending - Warnock in particular needs to be moved on.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the news (on the condition that both Culverhouse & Karsa tags along):

tumblr_l97cctfBXT1qdikhoo1_500.gif

BTW, don't think Lambo sounds especially gay. If you start calling him Lambie, OTOH...

A very welcome move this. Optimistic for the season ahead.

(I don't believe just staying up was McLeish's remit at all, or Faulkner's comments early in the season about challenging for Europe were actually a very clever way of undermining the manager he'd chosen right from the start.)

"Will do a good job there...... until their deluded fans drive him out at the end of the season for not challenging for a Champions League place."

Found this on a liverpool website

made me laugh

That's rich coming from them.

McLeish's remit may have been to keep us up and lower the wage bill but he didn't need to be so negative did he?
And he actually came dangerously close to relegating us against all the odds. We have nothing to thank Alex McLeish for except our worst season since 1986/7.
Agreed.

Alex McLeish like AVB at CFC were just two nice blokes... sometimes what you need is NASTY when required!!
How was McLeish nice?

The first thing he can do to be even more popular is get rid of the troublesome Collins, Dunne and Warnock.

I have asked for links to prove this. All I got is two drunk episodes. Nothing about trying to take over the dressing room or trouble on the training ground. Give me something more or I think this is a "rat in the pizza" myth.

I think the issue is not so much that they are "troublesome", just not very good at defending - Warnock in particular needs to be moved on.

Good enough or not is another question. We can always argue about that. But sometimes someone says something and all of a sudden is it a truth, starting with just a roumor, like "the rat in the pizza"

I think the fans away at Norwich made perfectly clear who they wanted as the next manager. You can't not be impressed at what he has achieved during time at Norwich.

He will be afforded time and thankfully a lot of heavily overpaid deadwood will be out of contract over the next few years.

Overall a really inspired appointment. They say no one knows more about their club than the fans, and just look at the positive reaction Lambert has received.

I'm guessing the compo will be around 1-2m

And you're quibbling over paying it? Wow, what a big club you are.

And when you do eventally have him and a top 6 club suddenly needs a manager, enjoy looking over your shoulder.

Now mate your coming across as childish and petulant.

I will ignore your jibe and urge you to look at the premiership top teams over the last 20 years. To save you some time, Villa are number 5. That means we are a top 6 club. Form is temporary, quality is permanent.

So the Villa finally have their man, I hope he does as well for you as he did for Norwich, a great signing and the future looks much better than when you were at Carrow Rd a few weeks back!

I'm disapointed he's gone, but that's football, it happens and you have to get up and get on with it!

All the best for the coming season, the City Vs Villa match at Carrow Rd should have quite a good atmosphere?

Adious Amigos

OTBC

So the Villa finally have their man, I hope he does as well for you as he did for Norwich, a great signing and the future looks much better than when you were at Carrow Rd a few weeks back!

I'm disapointed he's gone, but that's football, it happens and you have to get up and get on with it!

All the best for the coming season, the City Vs Villa match at Carrow Rd should have quite a good atmosphere?

Adious Amigos

OTBC

Thanks, and all the best to you too. For me Norwich belong in the highest division. Just stay away from a certain AML. ;)

Delighted with this appointment. My no 1 choice before the mass hysteria that spelled OGS. Now we've got Lambert I think it's probably the better option after all. Definitely safer, but still a bit of a gamble. A gamble which I like.

Welcome to the finest club in the world, Ernie! :-D

UTV!!!

Alex McLeish like AVB at CFC were just two nice blokes... sometimes what you need is NASTY when required!!
How was McLeish nice?

Because he's not got that nasty, tough edge about him to motivate players.

That apparently is the problem with AVB - he was lucky before - he got a decent bunch of players who wanted to play for him.

CFC like AVFC have a few overpaid Butlin's holidaymakers in their squad, which unfortunately has become the worst side effect of the money which washes over the PL these days.

Lambert as I think we can all tell does not take crappers of anyone.

Hence the quote as why Villa wanted him so much "he'll shake things up"

How was McLeish nice?

Because he's not got that nasty, tough edge about him to motivate players.

That apparently is the problem with AVB - he was lucky before - he got a decent bunch of players who wanted to play for him.

CFC like AVFC have a few overpaid Butlin's holidaymakers in their squad, which unfortunately has become the worst side effect of the money which washes over the PL these days.

Lambert as I think we can all tell does not take crappers of anyone.

Hence the quote as why Villa wanted him so much "he'll shake things up"

How does that make him nice though? He's just weak that's all.

I agree with you on everything else.

I think the legal teams are going through this, the point is AVFC approached Norwich for permission, they refused but PL has a clause in his contract to say he can talk to another club, this is why he resigned. Then he started speaking to AVFC, as he's on a rolling contract they can't do a lot in my opinion.

So you've seen his contract have you or are you believing the Sun ? I think you'll find that he didn't have a clause saying he could talk to other clubs, hence why hes now on gardening leave until you guys come up with compensation that is acceptable to us.

So you've seen his contract have you?

No but our CEO said yesterday in an interview that we're still trying to agree compensation and if he had a clause saying he could talk to other clubs, then we wouldnt have been able to refuse him permission to talk to you would we ??

That's why paul and others on our side of this are more than a little pissed off with narich. Your club have not acted well in all this and despite all the talk from your fanbase about the relative sizes of the two clubs, naaaarrrrich have shown themselves to be small time and lacking a bit of class and honour. Shame as I always had a bit of time for the club

But harsh that. Were they supposed to make it easy for us?

That Redscouse bellend that came on here saying similar about Barry in 2008 was rightly ridiculed for a similar stance.

Oh, and welcome Paul! :P

Top post mate.

As a Pool fan I remember the vitriol towards us when we were in for Barry, Young and Downing which was completely understandable as we were using our status as a bigger club and attraction back then to try and nick your best player(s). I'd be the same.

Some LFC fans acted with no class, humility or dignity when it looked like Barry was coming and used the event as an opportunity to act billy big bollocks coz thier team was the bigger team and was using their standing to try and take Villa's then best players.

They were correctly ran out of town for being fools but now I see Villa doing what LFC did in usuing their stature as a big club to take a smaller clubs Manager, and a very small handful of Villa posters mocking and deriding NCFC and their fans in the same way they were chastised by a few LFC fans, which made them angry and rightly so. Utter hypocrisy and we'll see how these posters react if a bigger club comes in for one of their players or maybe their Manager in the future and will remind them of this thread.

It was only a small handful of people though and the majority of Villa fans have acted with class, humility and dignity. I get the feeling the replies to this post will only prove my point further.