Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wheres wiz? can you confirm if you have herad anything mate?

if he comes i think we all need to head down to villa aprk for his press conference arrival like we did for mon. this is a huge appointment for us if it happens!

Thats Lambert of Swansea then :lol:

My first choice - and think he will be great.

I just don't have the confidence - that Faulkner and Randy can nail the deal. Be a major coup if we get him.

I can't finance a season ticket this year - but if this is confirmed - I ll be ordering a couple of lapel badges !

It would be highly unlikely for Lambert to walk away from Norwich without some assurance of a job elsewhere. It's possible that WBA may try to hijack our deal with him but I would suggest that the most likely scenario is that he knows there is a deal for him on the table at Villa and he just has to ensure his exit from Norwich goes through one way or another.

Guys, we can pick out the pros and cons to any manager. If fergie took over here we could do the same.

At the end of the day is paul lambert a good young manager? Yes, i think he is. And he obviously wants to come and manage this club unlike martinez.

No manager is perfect, i think the majority will get behind mr lambert. Can`t wait for the new season now!!

I have been delighted since just before lunch yesterday ;-)

Please see it through Randy.

Lambert is a smart cookie. He would not walk out of a job if he didn't have one to go to. Therefore he will already know his wage, funds etc

I must admit i thought you were talking shite richard but it seems you did know something - you kinda started the whole Lambert thing off.

By your second sentence above, it obviously isn't a done deal, although it must be close if reports of him quitting Norwich are true.

I am loving this, he was my number 1 choice and when, supporting AVFC, do you actually see your choices come in?