Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

But if we need to pay compensation for Culverhouse and Karsa, if that's who Lambert wants as his backroom team, I'm sure we will do. I would imagine that every time it gets brought up as a discussion point between the two clubs McNally (who must be still very bitter from how he mis-managed the Lambert situation) will keep going on about us owing them compensation for PL and then that's where any conversations will end. Until the Lambert dispute is resolved any Culverhouse & Karsa issue, if there even is one, will continue to rumble on. I doubt it would cost too much to get them out of their lucrative Norwich contracts but Lambert is a different thing althogether. It could be £1m maybe £2m for his compensation and I can see why our board don't want to pay it. It could mean the difference in signing one of our 1st choice CB targets or moving on to Anthony Gardner.

However, Norwich aren't giving up without a fight and I would hope Faulkner would be the same way if/when we are in a similiar position in the future.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question...

If we still didn't have anyone in, how would people feel about the current Redknapp situation?

Would you like him as our manager?

Crook, but he can put together a hell of a team!

Here's a question...

If we still didn't have anyone in, how would people feel about the current Redknapp situation?

Would you like him as our manager?

Crook, but he can put together a hell of a team!

I'd rather eat my own eyeballs in cat piss sauce.

No I wouldn't like him in. If we didn't have anyone in at the moment, I'd want Paul Lambert as our manager. I'm also not sure enough about Randy's football acumen to trust having Harry around. Levy knows his stuff which is why Spurs is the first club Harry hasn't run into the ground.

No I wouldn't like him in. If we didn't have anyone in at the moment, I'd want Paul Lambert as our manager. I'm also not sure enough about Randy's football acumen to trust having Harry around. Levy knows his stuff which is why Spurs is the first club Harry hasn't run into the ground.

Spot on BOF

The way Hawwy pimped himself out for the England job, costing Spuds to lose that massive 12 point lead over Arsenal, was frankly embarrassing. Personally, after his disastrous January transfer window, I reckon there is a good chance his career has peaked and is beginning a very bitter descent. I hope it is a long drawn out affair, with a coulee of failures and sackings along the way.

Redknapp at Villa? I'd rather stick my johnson in a hornets nest...

Oh yeah, it'd be a bit worrying, and I don't think he would come here because of our special relationship we've got with him.

But, playing devil's advocate, let's say all the viable attractive options had gone (we were only a new Lambert Norwich contract away from this possibility I think) would people be unhappy at his appointment?

He's brought in some serious players at Spurs, and look at the way they play!