Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a 'Development' Coach? Is it a posh name for Reserves Manager?

Not necessarily. It could be more to do with the academy. The reserves is just 'Finishing school' :)

What is a 'Development' Coach? Is it a posh name for Reserves Manager?

Not necessarily. It could be more to do with the academy. The reserves is just 'Finishing school' :)

Please could we send Gabby here?

You can talk all day about PL changing tactics but MON changed tactics also. This BS about MON never changing tactics always bugged me as it was false. When we were behind we would push up and look to pressure teams, but because we lacked creativity through the middle all we could do was get it wide and cross. When we played a top team like Man U we would not play so openly, press and close down a lot harder. When we took the lead we would drop even deeper to create more space in behind our opponents so we could kill them off on the counter while protecting our lead. Its just most people on football message boards lack the observational and analytical nous to pick up on these things. It must be said though we was pretty shocking with it came to tactical substitions.

Only time will tell how Villa will play under Lambert, and what the transfer policy will be, but don't surprised if you see us playing a big man and a fast man up front, playing on the counter, and signing almost entirely british based players.

Sorry Philosopher, but I completely disagree with that. Though MON would change tactics, we rarely changed the tactic to suit the team we were playing.

So many times we would see the same 'tactical' change. 70th minute, take off one midfielder, bring on another (usually Sidwell). If we're still not producing by the 80th minute, put Collins upfront and/or Milner to rightback.

If Me, frequenting a message board, whilst spending years as a ST holder in the Holte means I'm lacking the 'observational and analytical nous' to spot these other changes that you speak of, then so be it!

But I definately did not imagine the 'Oh here we go again!' feeling that came with repeated substitutions and tactical changes that MON often used.

BTW, I was a fan of MON, and I'm a fan of Lambert (and, for what it's worth, I do see similarities between the two) but I just think that Lambert has a LOT more tactical knowledge than MON.

Sid now development coach, chief scout gone along with two other scouts, Glen Roeder and Artur Numan. :!:

Glad the chief scout has gone Paul Montgomery

He was a McLeish man came with him from SHA

I want to see him come in now and tell the high earning players (anyone over 50k a week) that he would like to restructure their contracts to a lower wage and free some space up for signings.

I want to see him come in now and tell the high earning players (anyone over 50k a week) that he would like to restructure their contracts to a lower wage and free some space up for signings.

haha and maybe they'll give some money back to the club due to poor performances last season :lol:

And why the hell would they agree to that??? I wouldn't and I'm sure you wouldn't if your new boss asked you.

And why the hell would they agree to that??? I wouldn't and I'm sure you wouldn't if your new boss asked you.

You never know he could just love his job ? :D

I'm sure I could manage living on 40k a week instead of 55k. Put a clause in the contract saying that if we achieve so and so position then you'll get an increase.

I'd rather take a wage reduction if it meant freeing up some space to make more signings to bump us up the league... like you said though, can't see many being of the same mind. Just my no-nonsense approach to footballers wages and not justifying them.

"You were crap, you don't deserve your wage, restructure to this or we'll sell you"

I think it is the clearest indication that Culverhouse and Karsa are incoming.

Otherwise, why would you gut the club without knowing who is coming in?

I think it's the clearest indication that someone is coming. Hopefully it's Culverhouse & Karsa!

I'm sure I could manage living on 40k a week instead of 55k. Put a clause in the contract saying that if we achieve so and so position then you'll get an increase.

I'd rather take a wage reduction if it meant freeing up some space to make more signings to bump us up the league... like you said though, can't see many being of the same mind. Just my no-nonsense approach to footballers wages and not justifying them.

"You were crap, you don't deserve your wage, restructure to this or we'll sell you"

We could say 'Two options; you agree to this new contract with reduced terms, or we place you on the transfer list'.

But then they could just refuse to go to any club that came in for them (if anyone did).

It's difficult to have that approach unless you're playing FM (in my first available transfer window I usually get rid of Heskey, Dunne, Collins & Petrov in any way possible :winkold:).