SPECULATION: Gabby to Sunderland

Eames

65k a week for a striker who doesn't score goals and looks like he doesn't give a shit, ship him out and get in someone who wants to play for the club.

finding people who want to play for the club when McLeish and Grant are in charge is near enough impossible especially if the players are attack minded.

Bent is pissed off, Gabby is pissed off, Nzogbia is pissed off. When they were at blues they could get nothing out of Hleb or Bentley.

65k a week for a striker who doesn't score goals and looks like he doesn't give a shit, ship him out and get in someone who wants to play for the club.

You have to be honest here !

Since McIdiot took over, how many players look like they want to play for anything ?

More Mirror bullshit.

I wouldn't have contemplated selling Gabby a few months ago but if a decent bid came in (£12m is ludicrous) I'd take the money. The problem is what this money would be spent on.

Its not mirror bullshit. Gabby is unhappy at villa and has been for some time. He dislikes the role he is given in the team and gets on very very well with Martin and played his best football for him. He feels his career is going stale at villa and he has ambitions to play for England again which he feels is slipping away from him being played out wide and having to track back. If McLeish stays Gabby will not

Where is the £12m figure from? This is only speculation. I'm not saying it won't happen and the Mirror will say 'we revealed this in April!' but at the moment there is no substance to this.

More Mirror bullshit.

I wouldn't have contemplated selling Gabby a few months ago but if a decent bid came in (£12m is ludicrous) I'd take the money. The problem is what this money would be spent on.

Its not mirror bullshit. Gabby is unhappy at villa and has been for some time. He dislikes the role he is given in the team and gets on very very well with Martin and played his best football for him. He feels his career is going stale at villa and he has ambitions to play for England again which he feels is slipping away from him being played out wide and having to track back. If McLeish stays Gabby will not

Where is the £12m figure from? This is only speculation. I'm not saying it won't happen and the Mirror will say 'we revealed this in April!' but at the moment there is no substance to this.

not sure on the figure of the transfer. All I know is Gabby wants out by the start of next season

More Mirror bullshit.

not sure on the figure of the transfer. All I know is Gabby wants out by the start of next season

Then **** him off.

£12m! Snap their hand off for that. He doesn't score very often, has lost some of his pace and as a captain he is useless.

Gabby has been given enough time to prove his worth and he has never achieved it. Long past his usefulness at VP.

Living off his local idol status for too long. He has been shit for ages. If someone wants to pay £12m then let them.

That statement is ridiculous. When you look at the contributions of all of our attacking players, Gabby's has unquestionably been the most significant. He has more assists than anyone else and is our second top scorer, despite playing wide for most of the campaign. Although the numbers are not where we'd all like them to be, you have to factor in the McLeish factor there.

Without the wins he single-handedly lead us to between August and October we'd probably already have been relegated.

I would bite their hand off for an offer of £12million. Gabby has some good games (see the start of the season for example) but his abilities are very limited. Going back to MON, I could see him piling on the bulk again, too his disadvantage as it slows him down.

Whether gabby is injured or not his attitude in the recent games has been nothing short of appalling...If i'm at work and dont like the manager or the things they are saying I still have to get on with it, not sulk because im being asked to do something different to what i want. People say he is unhappy playing out wide, yet he has played up front recently and has done nothing to indicate he should remain there..

His performance on saturday could go 2 ways:

a) Be none existent, he may want to go and join MON next season (I have no idea whether he does or not) and feel that if he scores the winner past them that may jepordise his move.

B) Be unplayable, trying to show MON what he is missing out on and make it certain MON will sign him...

My feeling would be more a, as I dont think he has the brains to think about b

Without the wins he single-handedly lead us to between August and October we'd probably already have been relegated.

And with the goals he hasn't scored since November, we're now in a relegation fight. He's not doing his job. He's lazy and he doesn't score. If we keep him until 2020 he might hit 100 goals for the club. I hope we don't.

More Mirror bullshit.

This is what I said in the Gabby thread, and juanpablo18 claimed I was talking bollox.

Yeahh lets sell our best players as we do every window.

Gabby isn't in the same class as previous sales, he's a lower half premier league player, that's it. As he gets older and his pace fades (further) he just becomes a striker that can't score. See ya Gabby.

Â