SPECULATION: Gabby to Sunderland

Eames

don't forget £12m in Mcleish money gets you Charles Ngozbia and half of Alan Hutton !

Gabby strikes me as a home loving midland boy - things must be seriously crap - if he is considering a move up north.

Gabriel Agbonlahor insits he wants to stay with Aston Villa for his entire career. The 24-year old striker recently signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with his hometown club and has reiterated his commitment to the cause amidst rumours that some players are preparing to leave Villa Park in the summer. “At the moment I am just focusing on getting games in and playing more and more for Villa," he told Fifa's official website. "I definitely see myself as a one-club man, which I feel is important, and hopefully I have the chance to continue here long into the future. "I signed a new contract recently and if it was up to me I would stay at Villa Park for the rest of my career, so I hope that'll be the case."

These quotes are from a year ago - has he really changed his mind that much?

Well towards the end of last season he was saying things like "If Houllier had stayed I'd have left".. He's just pandering to those that love him saying the things they want to hear. If someone came in for him now he'd be gone without even saying goodbye.

Gabby hasn't been great by any standards this season and for the money involved (£12 m?) a club with good scouting and a nose for spotting talent could work wonders.

Aston Villa on the other hand will most likelly spunk the money on highearning ageing, brittish players like Zamora, Andy Johnson or Defoe. Not bad players, but not value for money.

I'd much rather we stick with Gabby, at least he has some feelings for the club, the others will just see us as a last big payday and nothing more.

I would love Villa to sign Defoe. A very good finisher and at 29 still has some mileage on the clock left. I wanted him to come when MON was in charge and at the time would have slightly prefered him to Bent.

Defoe would be great for a team passing on the ground, he'd need a ladder to reach any of the balls our defenders are hoofing aimlessly up the field

Defoe would be great for a team passing on the ground, he'd need a ladder to reach any of the balls our defenders are hoofing aimlessly up the field

Granted that McLeish is awful, but the team don't hoof the ball anywhere near like they did when the Messiah was here. Perhaps if they did we would have seen some more wins.

The only thing worse than winning shit football is losing shit football.

isn't he playing with an injury? because thats what ive heard.

Some people should think before they speak.

Moan about loyalty of players when they leave but then want rid of one of our own, who is good enough by the way.

He's had spells out of form beforeand come back out of it a better player and i'm sure he will do it again.

Hopefully next season were get to see him under a manager who actually sets up his teams to attack.

spurs will get gabby this summer

No way. A team who will potentially be in the Champions League will want better than Gabby. They will probably make the Adebayor deal permanent and sign Hazard or French league top scorer Giroud. These players are considerably better then Gabby.

I accept that Gabby hasnt played well for quite a while but then neither has the whole team. Our midfield service has been woeful and since McP R A T has arrived we seem to be in a permanent 4-5-1 so the striker has been ploughing a lonely furrow. Gabby needs a good manager and unfortunately we only have Mc P R A T!!

All that aside, this seems like opportune shit stirring just ahead of our game against them.

More Mirror bullshit.

I wouldn't have contemplated selling Gabby a few months ago but if a decent bid came in (£12m is ludicrous) I'd take the money. The problem is what this money would be spent on.

Its not mirror bullshit. Gabby is unhappy at villa and has been for some time. He dislikes the role he is given in the team and gets on very very well with Martin and played his best football for him. He feels his career is going stale at villa and he has ambitions to play for England again which he feels is slipping away from him being played out wide and having to track back. If McLeish stays Gabby will not

This is what I said in the Gabby thread, and juanpablo18 claimed I was talking bollox.

You really are a strange character aren't you. I said I don't believe you knew it as fact that Gabby would leave. Because of course, you don't.

Regarding this transfer, I'm honestly in complete disbelief in the apparent majority of people on here wanting him gone. The guy is proven premier league class, 61 goals for us (for the most part playing in teams where we generally didn't get that many chances each game). About to enter his peak years. Bags of experience at this level. Scores in big games, scores in derby games. Got us our first win against Man Utd at OT for 30odd years. He's quick, strong, can actually pick a pass, has a great left foot, and is a perfect strike partner for someone with a poacher style (as we saw early this season with Bent).

And those saying he's lazy are exactly the same as the noses saying Camerone Jerome was lazy for SHA. It's easy to look lazy when all you're doing for 90 mins is closing down defenders.

Lastly, the fee. 12 mil is peanuts these days for a proven prem striker in the peak of his career - and before you say ''look at Demba Ba'', that was clearly one of those one-off transfers that paid off immeasurably. 12 mil? **** right off.

It's beginning to look like he is the latest scapegoat for the disaster that has been McLeish's time at the club. I would be heartbroken if he got sold this summer and it would be a devastating loss to AVFC.

Gabriel Agbonlahor insits he wants to stay with Aston Villa for his entire career. The 24-year old striker recently signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with his hometown club and has reiterated his commitment to the cause amidst rumours that some players are preparing to leave Villa Park in the summer. “At the moment I am just focusing on getting games in and playing more and more for Villa," he told Fifa's official website. "I definitely see myself as a one-club man, which I feel is important, and hopefully I have the chance to continue here long into the future. "I signed a new contract recently and if it was up to me I would stay at Villa Park for the rest of my career, so I hope that'll be the case."

These quotes are from a year ago - has he really changed his mind that much?

Downing managed a U-turn in 6 weeks........

Without the wins he single-handedly lead us to between August and October we'd probably already have been relegated.

And with the goals he hasn't scored since November, we're now in a relegation fight. He's not doing his job. He's lazy and he doesn't score. If we keep him until 2020 he might hit 100 goals for the club. I hope we don't.

No-one is scoring goals. We don't create any chances. We never get close to the opposition penalty area. There is one man to blame for that and it's not Gab.

Well there are another 10 men on the pitch so which one is it?

But I would have thought that was fairly obvious.

What position does he play? Didnt realise he was on the pitch!?

I never said he was, you just asked a stupid question. I look forward to you waving your 'Gabby out' flyer at the game tomorrow as clearly McLeish's 10 man behind the ball tactics do not hinder strikers' opportunities to score goals.

Sadly my little flag wont get any use tomorrow as i'll be on the golf course. :)

So we never get near the opposition half and never have the chance to play a through ball or whip a ball in?

Regardless of what AM tells them to do, you really think the players are not trying to score a goal? The fact is the players are not good enough.

Have you watched many games this season? The answer to your question is: no. I'm not defending his poor performances of late (especially 1st half vs United) but, Jesus Christ.

He's clearly injured, or lacking confidence. Perhaps both.

Watch the games / highlights from the start of the season, he was a completely different player, one making strong strides to be in the starting England 11 for the friendly against Spain.

Then he re-injured his back and hasn't looked the same. Very much like the 2010-11 season.

Of course, he could confuse the issue and have a blinder tomorrow. Which could suit any personal agenda concerning the return of Mon, or a possible transfer oop north.

Well, on the evidence so far, maybe not.

The Gabby of 2007-2010 scored goals in derby games and important matches and linked up with team mates, the Gabby of now just seems to sulk.

wouldn't you sulk if you were been played out of position for most of the season and had to play under a manager like mcleish?

Â