SPECULATION: Gabby to Sunderland

Eames

I have to say juanpabloangel18 you do have a very aggressive debating style.

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings... :|

I wasnt your referring to your interaction with me, because we havent even had a debate. I am referring to your debate with other forum members in this topic and others. So no my feelings are not hurt.

Snitches get stitches :twisted:

Gabby now has 5 games against not particularly strong premiership sides. He also has the opportunity to put himself in the shop window. Either way the club needs something big from him, because at the age of just 25 he is actually one of the senior players in the side at the moment.

The Gabby of 2007-2010 scored goals in derby games and important matches and linked up with team mates, the Gabby of now just seems to sulk.

wouldn't you sulk if you were been played out of position for most of the season and had to play under a manager like mcleish?

I'm sure there are times at work when 99.99% of us have to do things we don't like....you just get on with it, that's life...Being a footballer shouldn't have anyway leeway on this fact

i bet some of us have done a lot of sulking this season with some of the performances we've had to put up with, so were allowed and he is not? bearing in find hes also a fan.

you can't come on here in general complaining about mcleish for making us shit and then having a go at a player for sulking because of it when were all doing the same anyway.

I don't really understand your arguement. As a fan, yes Gabby is perfectly entitled to sit at home and sulk about the way villa are performing and our awful league position. However, he is employed as a footballer, therefore irrelevant whether he is a fan or not, he should do what his manager tells him to do to the best of his ability not sulk on the pitch that he isnt being played on his favourite position. If my manager asks me to do something (within my terms of employment) I have to do it, otherwise i'd face disciplinary action. I'd be very surprised if Gabby's contract states he has to a play as astriker and therefore he is unlikely being asked to work outside his terms of employment.

Adversly as a fan of Villa, wouldn't you, given the opportunity "bust your gut" to play for villa week after week? Look at Ian Taylor when he was here, never the most technichal player but would run through brick walls for the Villa cause. Gabby doesn't seem to be doing that.

The point about being played out of position is not that players should be accommodated by being put in their 'favourite' slot, it's that players genuinely play worse when they're not playing their natural role. Then they see themselves playing worse and get demoralised. Furthermore, they have to change the way they think about the game in that new position, so when they are then moved back to their original role they might not play the same way any longer. Let's face it Gabby probably doesn't have room for many thoughts in his head in the first place, so all his striker's thoughts now seem to have been squeezed out of his ears.

Ditch McLeish before Gabby though. One can perform better, the other can't. One has dragged us away from relegation this season... you get the idea.

This would be the final straw for me if Gabs went. As someone above said, he has done a lot for this club and to see a player, who has constantly stated his desire to remain at this club for life, suddenly shipped out would tip me over the edge I am already balancing on.

For those saying 'he don't score enough' you tell me what player in the world would score 'enough' if they had to play under this shit-house of a manager. Because Mcfuckingcluelessnegativeidiot has about as much idea at deploying an attacking line-up as I do knitting a winter scarf, it doesn't really matter anyway - might as well just sell all our strikers and get some more Defenders in.

He was brilliant against Norwich earlier this season, he ripped them apart. About the only attacking display we have produced in the last 8 months.

If he goes, then our fantastic manager better buy himself a tin hat because I have a few house bricks that will be coming his way.

This would be the final straw for me if Gabs went. As someone above said, he has done a lot for this club and to see a player, who has constantly stated his desire to remain at this club for life, suddenly shipped out would tip me over the edge I am already balancing on.

For those saying 'he don't score enough' you tell me what player in the world would score 'enough' if they had to play under this shit-house of a manager. Because Mcfuckingcluelessnegativeidiot has about as much idea at deploying an attacking line-up as I do knitting a winter scarf, it doesn't really matter anyway - might as well just sell all our strikers and get some more Defenders in.

:cheers:

Of course, if he DOES see his future in some forbidding, barren wilderness oop north, what do you do? Its hardly shipping him out, is it? And if theres 12m on the table, it would be silly not to consider it.

Says a lot for the kind of damage the ginger bringer of doom has wreaked on this club, though, if he can sway the usually unswerving loyalty of someone like Gabby.

Â