Fuel watch

b6bloke

Ok, with all this pathetic panic buying its causing problems, some parts of the UK are worse than others with 3 hour queues at some, some closed and others not too bad but whats it like by you?

Here in Redditch there are queues but nothing major.

its so stupid, but then people are stupid.

they haven't even said when they are going to strike.

I've got less than a 1/4 tank of fuel left, but i refuse to queue. hopefully the panic will die down in a couple of days, then i can go fill up as normal.

Said on another thread. I went to fill up this morning purely because I was out of fuel (ie not panic buying) and there were queues everywhere. And this was at 7am.

Ended up putting about £15 worth in at BP (most expensive near me) so hoping when that runs out over the weekend it won't be too bad.

im on my light with meetings in brum and wolverhampton tomorrow, so unless i fill up tomorrow isnt happening for me, im another who refuses to queue, its **** stupid, its dry in kingswinford and my gf tells me its going mad in kiddy

I went to fill up on my way home an hour ago (standard practice so i'm not fecking around when i go out in the morning). One station was out completely, the next had queues 5/6 deep and the one i went to was about 2/3 deep. Taking a look at the drivers it looks like the people that don't do much driving eg old folks brimming the tanks in panic. Hopefully it will only be for a day or so and everyone will be topped up and it will be back to normal practice.

On a more cynical note, nice for the Government to get a load of tax in before the end of the financial year.

I've got less than a 1/4 tank of fuel left, but i refuse to queue. hopefully the panic will die down in a couple of days, then i can go fill up as normal.

Exactly the same here.

On the one hand I refuse to panic buy....but I just know I'll be drawn in to it eventually. Folk remember what it was like in 2000 & I guess dont fancy it again.

Herd mentality at the moment, from the looks of it.

Its absolutely **** ridiculous. Unions have to give 7 days notice of a strike so why all the panic. These fools filling up now will be needing to fill up again IF a strike does happen. Doesn't help when you have imbeciles like Francis Maude advising people to fill up Jerry cans. What a pompous tw'at and this guy is part of the Government that is meant to show leadership and be calming these kind of situations. Instead they are more concerned with making the public panic unnecessarily to turn opinion against the Unions. God **** help us.

Exactly the same here.

Here too though I have just called a meeting with management to discuss it and been told that if it gets out of hand I can work from home alomg with anybody else who has a laptop though anybody else will have to go with the bad weather procedure and take holiday, lose money or make the time up.

I think it will calm down and start again was the panicking **** start to run low again next week

People are stupid, people panic buying fuel because they think we're going to run out creates a fuel shortage. For example, if the government said there is going to be a bread shortage you can guarantee every loaf of bread would be gone from pretty much every supermarket in the blink of an eye.

I have half a tank. I'm going to the supermarket on my way home anyway, so I'll probably top up - and then switch to using the bus for getting to and from work until we know what's happening.

I need to **** fuel up today, normally refill my tank on a Friday or Thursday. Now I'll be either paying over the odds or not able to get it. THanks to these gullible cretins.

I have got a quarter of a tank of diesel. I will not be panicking. This time next week I will still have a quarter tank.

I are cyclist.

Texaco at muckly corner outside lichfield didnt have a car on the forecourt as i pulled in to top up my punctured tyre with air. Not surprised as its £1.47 for diesel there.

Â