Fuel watch

b6bloke

This is a vicious cycle.

I'm actually considering filling up today even though I'm not empty yet because I'm worried about a fuel shortage and price rises caused by people thinking there will be a fuel shortage and price rises!

it will get worse because when negotiations begin again on Monday the drama queeens will need to fill up again and cause yet another rush!

It really is pushing prices through the roof and with a near £400 a month fuel bill I cant take anymore.

Had a job interview yesterday and my only reason for leaving where I am now is the cost of fuel so if I get it my reason for handing in my notice will be new to them.

I've inherited some money from my uncle, we're talking BIG money, problem is I can't decide what to spend it on... do I fill up the car or buy some stamps?

With the hosepipe ban just around the corner I'm pretty worried, how am I supposed to syphon the diesel out of my neighbours car now?

Now, please insert your own petrol related jokes :D

Laughable the amount of people who are falling for this

What are the odds on there being no strike action whatsoever and this is merely a govt ploy to get extra money out of consumers

Petrol sales are up 176%? The treasury must be loving it

yeah but people aren't necessarily driving any further or using more fuel (may be the opposite), it'll just be a while before people refill.

Exactly Tamuff. This is petrol people would have bought anyway. They just won't need any next week. So it'll be down by the corresponding amount.

Exactly Tamuff. This is petrol people would have bought anyway. They just won't need any next week. So it'll be down by the corresponding amount.

That may well be mostly true but as has already been mooted the FY ends on thursday and Q1 (for GDP), I assume, ends tomorrow, so it won't do any harm whatsoever to have a fuel sales spike now.

Edit: Though the price effects may well hit CPI/RPI figures too but I;m not sure that would be much of a problem for the treasury or those on the treasury benches.

yeah but people aren't necessarily driving any further or using more fuel (may be the opposite), it'll just be a while before people refill.

Some people are driving slightly further, by making additional unneccessary trips to the petorl station to 'top-up' as Dave has helpfully advised.

:lol:

1.jpg

That may well be mostly true but as has already been mooted the FY ends on thursday and Q1 (for GDP), I assume, ends tomorrow, so it won't do any harm whatsoever to have a fuel sales spike now.

Edit: Though the price effects may well hit CPI/RPI figures too but I;m not sure that would be much of a problem for the treasury or those on the treasury benches.

Ah right, so they're manipulating a final quarter. Q1 will start badly :)

Ah right, so they're manipulating a final quarter. Q1 will start badly :)

The cynic in me would say, "(Almost) Anything to avoid a (technical) recession (and bearing in mind the borrowing numbers for Feb then some extra tax receipts might be handy in March)." :P

What are the odds on there being no strike action whatsoever and this is merely a govt ploy to get extra money out of consumers

I'm not so sure I would blame the government for this one, although Cameroon is doing a McLeish of a job at present.

I blame media scaremongering, combined with the self-perpetuating ignorance of the general population. People will lap up any old shit these days without a consideration of the consequences.

For **** sake. There's even a story about a woman getting horrifically burned while siphoning petrol for her daughters car - next to a **** cooker - on the BBC website. How long before someone attributes this to the government?!

No such problems in Bromsgrove. Petrol stations maybe a bit busier than normal but no queueing or anything. Filled up both cars over the past 2 days as I normally would as they were empty.

I'm not so sure I would blame the government for this one

:shock: :shock:

Really.

So Dave has not advised people to fill up half full tanks, and that other nameless prick has not advised people to fill Jerry cans up?

Must have imagined that.

They've actively encouraged it Sir, and probably for the reasons the Snowster details.

...and probably for the reasons the Snowster details.

**cough** ;-)

And as a result of this madness some very **** stupid woman from Yorkshire now lies in hospital with 40% burns

Went to get diesel at 6am (this is usual for me) andthe forecourt was absolutely rammed, there's hardly ever a car on that road at that time and if there's never more than one other vehicle there when I'm filling up.

This can only mean these stupid **** idiots have set their alarm clocks to get up and buy fuel!

...and probably for the reasons the Snowster details.

**cough** ;-)

And as a result of this madness some very **** stupid woman from Yorkshire now lies in hospital with 40% burns

Went to get diesel at 6am (this is usual for me) andthe forecourt was absolutely rammed, there's hardly ever a car on that road at that time and if there's never more than one other vehicle there when I'm filling up.

This can only mean these stupid **** idiots have set their alarm clocks to get up and buy fuel!

Can Francis Maude be blamed for a woman's petrol accident?

Â