Fuel watch

b6bloke

The buggers by me have turned off the price boards and when you get to the pump they have put price up from £1.44.9 to £152.9 a litre!

Petrol stations display prices not because they wish to, but because they are required to. There are some quite specific rules they must comply with.

If you think they are failing to display prices properly and trying to profit from this, contact your local trading standards department.

Their other common wheeze is to give short measures, like many other trades before them. This is also something trading standards should be watching for.

Well done to Unite for saving the country from a technical recession. All this panic buying of fuel may take the country from negative growth to slightly positive in the second quarter of the year, excellent way to kick start the economy. Who'd have thunked it that the unions would save us!

Why else would the Tories have given the country such insanely **** daft advice

If you know who that is and have posted on purpose instead of picking a random pic then I think you may be the most perfect woman on the planet.

I love Y2J

Do i win the award? 8)

I think thats fair enough.

:notworthy:

Well done to Unite for saving the country from a technical recession. All this panic buying of fuel may take the country from negative growth to slightly positive in the second quarter of the year, excellent way to kick start the economy. Who'd have thunked it that the unions would save us!

I assumed it was because the boy David had read "Thatcher for beginners and dimwits", and thought that he should try to mimic some of the things credited with saving her scrawny neck. Such as picking a fight with Argentina, giving discounts on right to buy, privatising everything in sight, and trying to force an industrial dispute having stockpiled the main resource in question. Well it worked for her, surely all he has to do is copy the moves?

I assumed it was because the boy David had read "Thatcher for beginners and dimwits", and thought that he should try to mimic some of the things credited with saving her scrawny neck. Such as picking a fight with Argentina, giving discounts on right to buy, privatising everything in sight, and trying to force an industrial dispute having stockpiled the main resource in question. Well it worked for her, surely all he has to do is copy the moves?

There are some huge problems with this government (Cameron, Osborne and Clegg being chief amongst them) and their bungled handling of the message to the public over this is only the latest example. However, conspiracy over plain old incompetence? The latter seems more credible to me.

Oh and Argentina, WTF? Maggie didn't ask them to invade and Cameron isn't to blame for the latest outpouring of Peronist pique either.

I've got enough fuel to get me home from work today and thats it, hopefully the world will sort itself out over the weekend and I can fill up for next weeks commuting without setting my alarm for 3am when the garages might be quiet.

You would think so but until he stops his 24 hour a day audition for some mini series on BBC2 where they need a hopeless g/\y, failed antique dealer with a severe brain injury he is not going to move forward at all. He is proper amusing though, like a cartoon politician.

Â