Fuel watch

b6bloke

I like the way Dave advised us all to keep topping the car up (ie many visits instead of one), but not to queue. He's pretty much a logic-free zone, isn't he?

No, come on, if you're being chauffeured round in some hefty limousine guzzling plenty of petrol, that' probably perfectly logical. He could probably get some unemployed guy to don a uniform and run behind the car, acting as a filler upper every time it stopped, giving him some "work experience", helping fix broken Britain and giving the economy a good old boost.

I like the way Dave advised us all to keep topping the car up (ie many visits instead of one), but not to queue. He's pretty much a logic-free zone, isn't he?

Almost as good as his last pastie, from an outlet that shut 5 years ago

No, come on, if you're being chauffeured round in some hefty limousine guzzling plenty of petrol, that' probably perfectly logical. He could probably get some unemployed guy to don a uniform and run behind the car, acting as a filler upper every time it stopped, giving him some "work experience", helping fix broken Britain and giving the economy a good old boost.

Yes, about as logical as his stunt cycling to work once to save the environment, while his chauffeur drove behind him with his papers and a change of clothes.

First politician to say that the only person who should take responsibility for this dumb **** actions is herself will earn themselves my vote.

Well, she may have had very little idea just how stupid it is to pour petrol anywhere near a naked flame, but that puts her in the company of many others.

What we should be thinking about is why the situation arose. Why did the daughter need petrol so urgently, and why wasn't it available from the normal outlets?

Only one answer suggests itself. The hysteria deliberately whipped up by government ministers. It was entirely obvious that this advice would lead to many dangerous situations arising, as several members of the emergency services have pointed out. How many other accidents are waiting to happen as a result of Cameron and his chums hyping it up?

Interesting comment from an unnamed member of the emergency services about the Olympics and the role of the government in managing the Cobra committee, along the lines that this incident gives them no confidence whatever that Cameron and his playmates will have the first idea about how to handle any vaguely difficult situation which arises.

I must admit when i heard about the woman setting fire to herself with petrol the first thought that come to my mind was "must be blonde"

Hopefully a full recovery but some people really are stupid messing with petrol in an environment such as a kitchen where you have cookers and stuff

Beggars belief

First politician to say that the only person who should take responsibility for this dumb **** actions is herself will earn themselves my vote.

Well, she may have had very little idea just how stupid it is to pour petrol anywhere near a naked flame, but that puts her in the company of many others.

What we should be thinking about is why the situation arose. Why did the daughter need petrol so urgently, and why wasn't it available from the normal outlets?

Only one answer suggests itself. The hysteria deliberately whipped up by government ministers. It was entirely obvious that this advice would lead to many dangerous situations arising, as several members of the emergency services have pointed out. How many other accidents are waiting to happen as a result of Cameron and his chums hyping it up?

Interesting comment from an unnamed member of the emergency services about the Olympics and the role of the government in managing the Cobra committee, along the lines that this incident gives them no confidence whatever that Cameron and his playmates will have the first idea about how to handle any vaguely difficult situation which arises.

They are a bunch of shitting imbeciles, I'll grant you that; but the hysteria we are currently seeing is ridiculous. It's the self-perpetuating nature of this panic that is so disturbing. If Cameron said dogshit tastes like chocolate, I fear the country's A&E depts would be reporting record admissions.

Basically, if you acknowledge this government, you're half way into the shit. We're in a worse position that when Labour were in and these Tory fucktards have no plan of action for anything...

Potential Darwin Award if things go badly for that woman.

Afraid not, she's already bred so doesn't qualify.

Love the idea that it's the government's fault, how could she be expected to know that some liquids can catch fire??

EDIT: Amusing quote from old girl living next door:

“I had been gardening and came in to make myself a cup of tea and I was aware of a cloud of smoke coming over the hedge. I thought because it was a lovely day that they must be having a barbecue. Then I noticed there was someone in the garden who seemed to be on fire."

:twisted:

Â