Fuel watch

b6bloke

Texaco at muckly corner outside lichfield didnt have a car on the forecourt as i pulled in to top up my punctured tyre with air. Not surprised as its £1.47 for diesel there.

The garage round the corner from here (the only one in the village) costs more than that, and they are queuing out onto the road. Fools.

Price up slightly near me (St Albans) and massive queues, which was very frustrating as I was down to vapours so needed to fill up, having already driven past 3 stations with queues 12 - 15 cars deep. Particularly ridiculous as we're about 5 miles from Buncefield, one of the biggest fuel depots in the country. Wen I eventually filled up, most people in the queue in front of me were spending £10 - £20 (so a few drops of fuel at these prices). Crazy advice to give that people should top up when they can.

I have half a tank. I'm going to the supermarket on my way home anyway, so I'll probably top up - and then switch to using the bus for getting to and from work until we know what's happening.
Well, filled up at Morrisons, where there were indeed queues.

Didn't even notice whether it cost more than usual, I never do.

On the bus tomorrow and next week. Which is good, as it facilitates reading and lunchtime drinking (although I miss out on the loud music in the car).

BBC"]Around England, some pumps have run dry, the town of Bideford in Devon has reportedly "sold out" of petrol and queues have been seen at many garages

This is the local town to where me and VillaPark1 work. It's amazing how people are panicking like the world is going to end when there is no problem whatsoever.

Guardian"]Referring to comments by government ministers in recent days, the president of the AA, Edmund King, said bad advice on storing petrol in jerrycans and topping up petrol tanks had created shortages.

"There is no fuel tanker strike and therefore if drivers followed normal fuel-buying patterns there would be no fuel shortage whatsoever," said King. "We now have self-inflicted shortages due to poor advice about topping up the tank and hoarding in jerrycans. This in turn has led to localised shortages, queues and some profiteering at the pumps."

He added that the statutory seven days' notice on setting strike dates would give motorists plenty of time to replenish supplies if a fuel strike does occur. "Even if we do have a strike, which is unlikely, there will be seven days' notice of strike action, and therefore time for drivers to fill up. The AA has advised all along that drivers should follow their normal fuel-buying patterns."

The government have dropped a bollock on this, or is it a ploy to spike the fuel profits so the Oil/Fuel corporations can announce better figures, considering it is actually the end of the financial year, pretty much....?

The country is full of fucktards. It hasn't even been announced that a strike will take place and at worse, we're looking at a strike after the Easter break. I'm annoyed: yesterday I got stung £1.46 for unleaded which was essential as my poor little Aygo was running on fumes and it looks like if I've got rid of this lurgy, I'll be driving to Portsmouth on the weekend. So this means I'll be sat in queues over the weekend, trying to at least get as much as needed for the journey and paying ridiculous prices.

Normally, I would have waited and let the panic reduce until the strike as actually been announced, but oh no, the great British public and its government cover themselves in glory yet again meaning we're all paying the price. Part of me thinks that this is a ploy by the Government to favour support (us v the union) and take the heat away from other not-so-nice stores. Nice way to stoke the fire, Dave. tosser1.gif

The other thing that annoys me is when receiving comments from friends saying they're all up for the strike as it'll make the government reduce fuel prices. It is nothing like the blockage of 2000 and IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FUEL PRICES!!!! Jeez.

It's effed, this country.... I think there are even bigger revolts on the way than we saw in August.....

Ok, so at least some good TV this summer

Watching Croydon burn last year was a treat ;-)

I've just been told by a friend in Portsmouth that all garages they've tried are out of diesel, they're running on fumes and have to make it to Dover this evening. She said that they've now been sat in a queue at Petersfield (way out of town) for the past half an hour hoping that they don't run out before it's her turn. Absolutely ridiculous.

Had to fill up on the M1 by London today

149.9 for unleaded

Robdogs

The BP garage down the road from me in Worcester is charging the same, robbing words removed.

Is that the one at Blackpole or the one in city center?

thank **** ive got a fuel card, because the place was packed i filled the tank with super, £1.55, £78 well spent!

the fact that its packed wasnt helped by the idiots in front of me putting £10 and £14 in, i was there for about 15 minutes, say at a guess the average spend is £50 per car, easily 20 cars filling up in that time, so £4k an hour, so again purely guessing but over £50k will be spent at that petrol station today, nice little earner before they do the year end books tomorrow...

when we all drive electric cars will the same amount of tax be slapped on electric?

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,

If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.

If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,

If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Â