SPECULATION: Bas Dost (Heereveen)

Villan4Life

mirror

Alex McLeish faces a battle with Valencia for Dutch sensation Bas Dost.

Villa boss McLeish wants the £5million-rated Heerenveen and Holland Under-21 star, who is the top scorer in the Dutch League with 22 so far this season.

But Spanish giants Valencia are ready to steal the Heerenveen hitman from under Villa’s nose, as they have identified him as a probable replacement for £20m-rated Roberto Soldado.

Soldado, who has replaced Fernando Torres in the Spain national team and could start ahead of the Chelsea striker at Euro 2012, is attracting Chelsea and Arsenal interest.

Seen Dost a number of times, these are type of players we should have been after for years!! 22 Years old and a goal machine!! i welcome him if this is true as he is quality!

also a chant could be based around Ray Parker Jr's "Ghost Busters" changed to der der der der der DOST BUSTERS :)

Villa sign player from Dutch league + lazy Mirror journalism = instant transfer link!

Seriously, can we ban this paper as a source of speculation? No quotes, not even a "scouts watched" this time. **** the Mirror.

Villa sign player from Dutch league + lazy Mirror journalism = instant transfer link!

Seriously, can we ban this paper as a source of speculation? No quotes, not even a "scouts watched" this time. **** the Mirror.

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine?

I couldn't care less what the source is, really - it's more interesting to talk about the player than whinge about that.

I think Dost would be a good signing as seem pretty intent on trying to cross the ball a lot but don't really have a player suitable as a target man (Heskey, who's crap, aside). Sign him up.

Can we have a general thread for possible signings

Why is this a thread specific to one player we'll never get, hes valued at £5m who Chelsea & Arsenal are also after

Another striker? This is a kid that will want first team football.. Who do we drop? Weimann? Bent?.. The only one that could play is Agbonlahor but he'll be on the wing. I think all this speculation for strikers leads me to believe McLeish has weighed up how much it'll cost for the rebuild he wants to do and he needs to sell Bent to be able to fund it all. If we were keeping Bent we wouldn't be looking for strikers that are after first team footabll we'd be after a better than Heskey but happy to be bench warmer type.

Might be something in this actually...

Heerenveen striker Bas Dost has confirmed that Aston Villa are showing an interest in landing him.

The Dutch Under-21 international is currently the top-scorer in the Eredivisie.

Spanish giants Valencia have also been linked with Dost, and he has now revealed he is aware Villa want him.

"It is positive news," he told Voetbal Primeur.

"You hear this and of course it is nice to know they are interested.

"Aston Villa is a club I don't know very well, but they look good.

"I have spoken with my agent and we won't be discussing anything during the season."

Villa have already made one move on Dutch football, after agreeing a Bosman deal for AZ Alkmaar's Brett Holman.

http://tinyurl.com/6nn3dlh

I'm manager of Heerenveen on Fifa 12. Sold this guy to AZ Alkmaar for £2.1 million. He just didn't do anything for me. Too slow. Couldn't shoot. Steer clear Alex. Disregard those goals in the Eredivise. It's all about how well he'll do when I play as Villa online.