SPECULATION: Bas Dost (Heereveen)

Villan4Life

This is the kind of signing I could see Newcastle making and spending all next season wondering why we couldn't have got him.

I think we need a new approach to transfers under our current financial restraints and a signing like this makes sense.

Also linked with Kenneth Vermeer, Ajax goalkeeper. I don't rate him to high. He saves alot, but also alot of mistakes! Think he will be second keeper of Ajax next season though

am sure he played in the UEFA Cup game in 2008, wasnt that impressive on crosses

Awesome analysis cheers. He sounds good, your reason's not to buy him are far outweighed by reasons to buy him. We could do with those wingers you mentioned too, hope we are looking at them! How much do you think they are worth and do you recon they'd come to Villa?

Dost is, as most other strikers of Heerenveen, a hit or miss player. There is not much in between unlike Holman who is the exact opposite, he will be average at worst or decent at best.

Aissadi is very small and not strong at all. Sounds like a non Premier League player. Thats why I think he will join a top team in France, perhaps Russia/Portugal/Holland. Or midtable club in Spain orso. He might be blown away in England, also dont think Assaidi is interested. But you can always try of course ;) but if Ruiz fails in England, Aissadi will get a very hard time hmmm..

Narsingh will succeed I think, he has more body. He wants to make a step forward for sure. The best Dutch clubs already interested, no idea if Aston Villa can sign him, if you can make him believe Aston Villa is THE best team to climb up the ladder you will have a chance for sure. He will be joining a bigger club very soon and also be a Dutch international too. So you need to be fast before he will cost you alot more/harder to sign etc.

All 3 I expect them around 5 million euro. Narsingh and Aissadi have both only 1 year contract.

And Dost indeed said he didnt know to much about Aston Villa, not that he thinks Aston Villa is a bad team. Thats quite bad translated haha.

Are you Artur Numan?

Haha no..

Nice one fan of Ajax, really like the sounds of the Narsingh guy. I worry that McLeish would not sign Narsingh because he is not "experienced" enough. That is flavour of the month for the manager.

Also linked with Kenneth Vermeer, Ajax goalkeeper. I don't rate him to high. He saves alot, but also alot of mistakes! Think he will be second keeper of Ajax next season though

am sure he played in the UEFA Cup game in 2008, wasnt that impressive on crosses

he can't be worst on crosses than a keeper who never comes off his line to deal with them

Shame that he thinks we're shit.

http://tinyurl.com/dxsfw3f

Its confusing; previous interviews have been translated as he doesn’t know the club well, not that the club is not good

I wouldn't putt much faith in the translation talents of the Talksport bullshit peddlers.

Whenever i have listened to talksport they seem to struggle with English let alone dutch.

Thanks for the information Ajax fan. I think the big fellah might just work well with Bent but failing that have you got a new Cruyff, Neeskens, Suurbier or Krol you could suggest for us (as Arthur Numan will need all the help he can get in changing us into a "total football" team). :winkold:

Its confusing; previous interviews have been translated as he doesn’t know the club well, not that the club is not good

According to a Dutch mate of mine, "Daar wist ik van. Ik ken de club niet heel goed, maar de interesse is mooi” translates as ""I knew about it [Villa's interest]. I don't know the club too well, but it's good that they're interested"

So, F off Talksport.

According to a Dutch mate of mine, "Daar wist ik van. Ik ken de club niet heel goed, maar de interesse is mooi” translates as ""I knew about it [Villa's interest]. I don't know the club too well, but it's good that they're interested"

So, F off Talksport.

He's right isnt he? We are shit under McLeish we wasn't much better under Houllier

This is the kind of signing I could see Newcastle making and spending all next season wondering why we couldn't have got him.

I think we need a new approach to transfers under our current financial restraints and a signing like this makes sense.

Definitely agree with that principle. Under MON we pissed pots of money away on average British players whilst other clubs seem to unearth much cheaper foreign gems with alarming regularity which Randy seemed more than happy to let happen.

Can say I know anything about Dost but I will bet is a better player than Harewood.

I'm just making a decision about 2 opinions. I didn't hear the Talksport thing and I am not really that bothered about getting a Dutch speaker to translate it...

Based on all the evidence I have...an apparent statement from a radio show and someone who says their mate speaks Dutch, I say it sounds more believable that he thinks we're turd.

I could say "My friend speaks Dutch, he says that it roughly translates to "I heard about the interest from Villa, but I also heard the ice cream over in the UK tastes like creamy piss, so I'll stay here and get a fat wage increase when a bigger club comes in..." Does that mean it's true?!

I'm just making a decision about 2 opinions. I didn't hear the Talksport thing and I am not really that bothered about getting a Dutch speaker to translate it...

Based on all the evidence I have...an apparent statement from a radio show and someone who says their mate speaks Dutch, I say it sounds more believable that he thinks we're turd.

I could say "My friend speaks Dutch, he says that it roughly translates to "I heard about the interest from Villa, but I also heard the ice cream over in the UK tastes like creamy piss, so I'll stay here and get a fat wage increase when a bigger club comes in..." Does that mean it's true?!

Well, there is a guy on here from Holland that has already said that he didn't say that. But of course, if you want to believe that's what he said, feel free to do so.

He hasn't spoken to talksport. Talksport just took the same article from a Dutch newspaper and translated it poorly, its already been translated several times as 'not knowing villa very well'

I still don't think he'd sign for us, because, I'm sure that regardless of what has or hasn't been said, he probably thinks we are shit...I'm not going to be in denial like others who are clinging to any shred of evidence that we are not awful right now.

I think this because at the moment, we are shit. In all honesty, if we hadn't got as many of those draws early on and we'd lost instead, we'd be in the bottom 3 and rightly so. Our form and performances have been terrible all year, bar a few exceptions, even I would think twice about signing for us right now, and I am the worst footballer on the planet.

I love Villa, I love them so much, I am totally comfortable with being so honest about our situation!