SPECULATION: Bas Dost (Heereveen)

Villan4Life

I've followed the Eredivisie for some years now.

Dost is a very good player. He's a big lad, good in the air and can hold the ball up. He is also a very good finisher.

Heerenveen are one of those sides who are looking to break into the top 4-5 of the league.

They have a player called Viktor Elm who is a ball-winning midfielder/[;aymaker. If we can bring Makoun back and pair him with Elm we'd have a very strong midfield pairing.

I think we should go for him, i was mentioning Ricky van Wolfswinkel a few yrs back and he is doing brilliant at moment and cost the same for Sporting as what Dost would!!

Have seen Dost play a few times and he would fit into premiership well i believe.

more links:

the sun

ASTON VILLA are ready to snap up Herenveen star Bas Dost in a £7million deal this summer. The Dutch League top-scorer, 22, has confirmed Villa are leading the clubs trying to lure him away from Holland after Euro 2012.

Dost is also wanted by Valencia as a replacement for Roberto Soldardo but he wants a switch to the Prem.

The 6ft 5in striker has been dubbed the 'Dutch Peter Crouch' after smashing 23 goals this season.

Villa scout Arthur Numan has been tracking Dost and the Holland Under-21 ace is aware of a potential switch.

He said: "I have heard about the interest from Aston Villa and it is very flattering and nice.

"I have been aware of it for some time and I know that Aston Villa are not having a good season but it still looks a good move.

"I spoke with my agent and we have discussed the matter but there has been no further contact and I have to wait. I cannot say any more but maybe there will be developments."

Villa boss McLeish has been assured he has the funds for a high-profile signing this summer, despite unrest among the fans at his position with the club.

mirror

Bas Dost is ready to quit Dutch club Herenveen and join Aston Villa in the summer for £7million.

The Eredivisie’s leading scorer has confirmed Villa are leading the chase to sign him after Euro 2012.

Dost is also wanted by Valencia as a replacement for Roberto Soldardo, but he prefers a switch to the Premier League.

The 6ft 5in giant has been dubbed ‘the Dutch Peter Crouch’ after smashing 23 goals in Holland this season. Villa scout Arthur Numan has been tracking the striker for Alex McLeish and Dost is aware of a potential switch.

“I have heard about the interest from Aston Villa and it is very flattering and nice,” he said. “I have been aware of it for some time.

“Villa are not having a good season, but it still looks a good move.”

Villa boss McLeish has been assured he has the funds for a high-profile signing this summer.

I think any striker considering joining under the current regime would be committing career suicide

23 goals in the dutch league equates to about 5 in the Premier League anyway

Wasn't samaras prolific for Heerenveen and now he's washed up at celtic

5 goals would be an improvement on Heskey though i suppose

:lol: by the sun journalist technically in a typical sleight of hand disingenuous fashion.

That said if he scores the goals Crouch showed himself capable of yesterday then yes please!

Crouch has always been able to pull a quality "wtf" moment out of the hat at any given moment, but that one does top the all, I suppose! This guy looks (from the bits and pieces I've seen in the past few months, anyway) to be more aggressive and willing to use his size and strength to his advantage. Lots of his goals have been down to him winning the physical battles to get into the right position to finish off a cross or loose ball in the box, which, combined with what would appear to be instinctively good movement and above-average penalty taking, has proven quite profitable this season. Sustainable (especially since we haven't been doing too well supplying our own poacher extraordinaire, even if he's not the powerful target man type)? Who knows, but it has to be better a risk to take than more Heskey and/or Andy Johnson. Would still have some sell-on value, too, should things not work out.

I don't want us to sign any more players under McLeish.

Why not? Even if it were to be a quality player? McLeish isn't going to be around forever, and if he's going to make some good/astute signings then that will only benefit Aston Villa. It's when the ex-Rangers players start rolling in that we should worry, which thankfully hasn't happened yet after 5 signings or so.

Why not? Even if it were to be a quality player? McLeish isn't going to be around forever, and if he's going to make some good/astute signings then that will only benefit Aston Villa. It's when the ex-Rangers players start rolling in that we should worry, which thankfully hasn't happened yet after 5 signings or so.

Hutton?

Hutton?

*edit: washed up ex-Rangers players, who are on the wrong side of 30 :P .

23 goals in the dutch league equates to about 5 in the Premier League anyway

Wasn't samaras prolific for Heerenveen and now he's washed up at celtic

Van Nistelrooy was also prolific for Heerenveen