SPECULATION: Bas Dost (Heereveen)

Villan4Life

ma 26 mrt 2012, 08:17 Aston Villa flirt met Bas Dost

Van onze speciale verslaggever HEERENVEEN -

Eredivisietopscorer Bas Dost tekende tegen VVV-Venlo zijn 23e competitiegoal aan. Het Engelse Aston Villa (waar Arthur Numan scout is) heeft inmiddels interesse getoond.

"Daar wist ik van. Ik ken de club niet heel goed, maar de interesse is mooi”, zegt Dost, die pas na het lopende seizoen met geïnteresseerde clubs wil praten. "Ik heb de afspraak met mijn zaakwaarnemer staan om gedurende het seizoen niet met andere clubs te praten”, vertelt de spits. "Aan dat contact heb ik niets.”

Aston Villa legde eerder al AZ’er Brett Holman vast en heeft eveneens grote interesse in zijn ploeggenoot Simon Poulsen

March 26 2012. 08.17

Aston Villa flirt with Bas Dost.

From our special reporter. Heerenveen.

Dutch Premiership topscorer who signed for his 23th goal against VVV Venlo.

Aston Villa from England (Where Arthur Numan is a scout) has confirmed they are intrested in Bas Dost.

"I know that. I don't know the club that good but the intrested is nice", say Dost, who wants to talk after this season with other clubs.

"I have a deal with my personal manager not to talk with other clubs during this season", tells the forward player.

"I don't have anything with that contact".

Aston Villa allready signed AZ player Brett Holman and there serious intrest in his team mate Simon Poulsen.

Aston Villa going Dutch hmmm!? :D Also linked with Kenneth Vermeer, Ajax goalkeeper. I don't rate him to high. He saves alot, but also alot of mistakes! Think he will be second keeper of Ajax next season though

Since I had some positive comments about Holman post, here is one about Dost :D (and Heerenveen…)

Do buy:

-Scores easily his goals, a real striker

-Heerenveen knows how to make players big

-Young, talented, fair price (5 million euro I guess)

-Very good header

-Strikes hard, even at short distance of the goal he strikes the ball like he is miles away from the goal

-Scoring a goal is more important than saving his life. He always storms up to goal

-If he trusts his head coach he will give his best

-Heerenveen is 6th, still only 5 points behind AZ who still leads. Same amount of points as PSV (4th) and Feyenoord (5th). By far not the worst team in the Dutch league

-Ajax almost bought him. Heerenveen wanted 5.5 million, Ajax bid was around 4.5. Dost went to court, and lost. Heerenveen eventually agreed but it was to late. Transferdeadline was about 20 minutes away.

-Never had an injury

Dont buy:

-If he misses a huge oppurtunity he intend to swear alot. That much he will be tilting (is this a proper English word? like a poker player gets confused suddenly and seems to lose it after a bad beat)

-In combination with point 1, he is very wild. Why use technique when you kick the ball as hard as you can? I know some reasons, Dost doesn't

-Scoring goals at Heerenveen is easy. Heerenveen has perhaps the most offensive playstyle in the entire world

-The best players from Heerenveen are Narsingh (winger), Aissadi (other winger) and Gouweleeuw (defender). Scoring goals is even more easy when your wingers are Narsingh and Aissadi, the best wingers in the Dutch league

-Dost had once a fight with his coach and he was all over the place during the games. Became even more wild

-Ajax bought Sigthorsson (AZ) instead of Dost and I preferred him, even he had alot of injuries

-Would Holman and Dost be a good combination? This isnt a 100% dont as I dont know the answer. But a working class hero combined with a real goalgetter hmmm. Who gives the assist then?

Heerenveen is a funny team, its like a concept team, not interested in winning, its all about attack attack attack. Their goalkeepers always have been worthless, and most of their defenders as well. Some of the bigger names you might know:

Allback (Aston Villa! Fail though?), Alves (Middlesbrough, failed), Huntelaar (Ajax, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Schalke 04, succeded), Van Nistelrooij (PSV, Manchester United, Real Madrid, massive), Samaras (Celtic, failed), Sulejmani (Ajax, mwah), Tomasson (AC Milan, succeded)

All strikers /goalgetters, all recent! Except Sulejmani all hit or miss. Bradley played at Heerenveen too btw. Aissadi will leave to Lille/PSG/team like that. Narsingh will stay or leave to Ajax are both my guesses. Gouweleeuw is to young to leave.

I think Dost is best to compare with Huntelaar. More wild and therefor a poor mans version of Huntelaar? I would pick The Hunter, cold as ice, strikes whenever he can. Dost is same type of striker I think, not useful with passing and such. But he isnt cold as ice lol, he is furious, steaming and because of those sometimes even abit clumsy. Me kick ball hard., me happy after scoring another goal, me angry when miss. Something like that.

Aston Villa going Dutch hmmm!? :D Also links with Kenneth Vermeer, Ajax goalkeeper. I don't rate him. He saves alot, but also alot of mistakes! Think he will be second keeper of Ajax next season though

Since I had some positive comments about Holman post, here is one about Dost :D (and Heerenveen…)

Do buy:

-Very good header

-Strikes hard, even at short distance of the goal he strikes the ball like he is miles away from the goal

-Scoring a goal is more important than saving his life. He always storms up to goal

-Heerenveen is 6th, still only 5 points behind AZ who still leads. Same amount of points as PSV (4th) and Feyenoord (5th). By far not the worst team in the Dutch league

-Ajax almost bought him. Heerenveen wanted 5.5 million, Ajax bid was around 4.5. Dost went to court, and lost. Heerenveen eventually agreed but it was to late. Transferdeadline was about 20 minutes away.

-Never had an injury

Dont buy:

-If he misses a huge oppurtunity he intend to swear alot. That much he will be tilting (is this a proper English word? like a poker player gets confused suddenly and seems to lose it after a bad beat)

-In combination with point 1, he is very wild. Why use technique when you kick the ball as hard as you can? I know some reasons, Dost doesn't

-Scoring goals at Heerenveen is easy. Heerenveen has perhaps the most offensive playstyle in the entire world

-The best players from Heerenveen are Narsingh (winger), Aissadi (other winger) and Gouweleeuw (defender). Scoring goals is even more easy when your wingers are Narsingh and Aissadi, the best wingers in the Dutch league

-Dost had once a fight with his coach and he was all over the place during the games. Became even more wild

-Ajax bought Sigthorsson (AZ) instead of Dost and I preferred him, even he had alot of injuries

-Would Holman and Dost be a good combination? This isnt a 100% dont as I dont know the answer. But a working class hero combined with a real goalgetter hmmm. Who gives the assist then?

Heerenveen is a funny team, its like a concept team, not interested in winning, its all about attack attack attack. Their goalkeepers always have been worthless, and most of their defenders as well. Some of the bigger names you might know:

Allback (Aston Villa! Fail though?), Alves (Middlesbrough, failed), Huntelaar (Ajax, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Schalke 04, succeded), Van Nistelrooij (PSV, Manchester United, Real Madrid, massive), Samaras (Celtic, failed), Sulejmani (Ajax, mwah), Tomasson (AC Milan, succeded)

All strikers /goalgetters, all recent! Except Sulejmani all hit or miss. Bradley played at Heerenveen too btw. Aissadi will leave to Lille/PSG/team like that. Narsingh will stay or leave to Ajax are both my guesses. Gouweleeuw is to young to leave.

I think Dost is best to compare with Huntelaar. More wild and therefor a poor mans version of Huntelaar? I would pick The Hunter, cold as ice, strikes whenever he can.

Are you Artur Numan?

Aston Villa going Dutch hmmm!? :D Also links with Kenneth Vermeer, Ajax goalkeeper. I don't rate him. He saves alot, but also alot of mistakes! Think he will be second keeper of Ajax next season though

Do buy:

-Very good header

-Never had an injury

Dont buy:

I think Dost is best to compare with Huntelaar. More wild and therefor a poor mans version of Huntelaar? I would pick The Hunter, cold as ice, strikes whenever he can.

Thanks

Do buy:

-Very good header

-Never had an injury

Dont buy:

Awesome analysis cheers. He sounds good, your reason's not to buy him are far outweighed by reasons to buy him. We could do with those wingers you mentioned too, hope we are looking at them! How much do you think they are worth and do you recon they'd come to Villa?

Talk Sport shouldn't rely on Google Translate!

They know exactly what they're doing with that provocative headline. Typical talksport tactics. Let's call them up and correct them :winkold:

Awesome analysis cheers. He sounds good, your reason's not to buy him are far outweighed by reasons to buy him. We could do with those wingers you mentioned too, hope we are looking at them! How much do you think they are worth and do you recon they'd come to Villa?

Dost is, as most other strikers of Heerenveen, a hit or miss player. There is not much in between unlike Holman who is the exact opposite, he will be average at worst or decent at best.

Aissadi is very small and not strong at all. Sounds like a non Premier League player. Thats why I think he will join a top team in France, perhaps Russia/Portugal/Holland. Or midtable club in Spain orso. He might be blown away in England, also dont think Assaidi is interested. But you can always try of course ;) but if Ruiz fails in England, Aissadi will get a very hard time hmmm..

Narsingh will succeed I think, he has more body. He wants to make a step forward for sure. The best Dutch clubs already interested, no idea if Aston Villa can sign him, if you can make him believe Aston Villa is THE best team to climb up the ladder you will have a chance for sure. He will be joining a bigger club very soon and also be a Dutch international too. So you need to be fast before he will cost you alot more/harder to sign etc.

All 3 I expect them around 5 million euro. Narsingh and Aissadi have both only 1 year contract.

And Dost indeed said he didnt know to much about Aston Villa, not that he thinks Aston Villa is a bad team. Thats quite bad translated haha.

Are you Artur Numan?

Haha no..