Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So City fail to win a match without a shootout and straight away bitching Pep is back, this time blaming the ball they had to use. (Which by the way is the one used in the football league every week and which City used in previous rounds)

He really is odious when he doesn’t get his own way.

He's an absolute moron, the 'ball' has nothing to do with it, it's a **** football ffs. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So City fail to win a match without a shootout and straight away bitching Pep is back, this time blaming the ball they had to use. (Which by the way is the one used in the football league every week and which City used in previous rounds)

He really is odious when he doesn’t get his own way.

Bet he wouldn't have been complaining if it had been a ball supplied by their club sponsor Nike.

Their record is pretty crazy. I didn't realize they had been this dominant so far. Only 1 draw and 9 wins in 10 matches. Averaging 3.5 goals a match. 

I thought United's record was pretty good, but City's is just ridiculous. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Their record is pretty crazy. I didn't realize they had been this dominant so far. Only 1 draw and 9 wins in 10 matches. Averaging 3.5 goals a match. 

I thought United's record was pretty good, but City's is just ridiculous. 

Considering how much they've spent on their squad that should be minimum expectation. £125m spent on full backs alone last summer.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Are we looking at an unbeaten league campaign from City?

IMO, they do look like the best team in Europe at the moment. 

No way they will go unbeaten in my view. Not once the real CL games and the fixture congestion of the Dec-Mar kicks in.

Yes its possible but injuries to De Bruyne and Silva would take away some of their creativity but for me this is the best I have seen football played in this country ever. I have always rated De Bruyne but never realised just how good he is. I love two footed players . That shot yesterday with his weaker foot. Amazing. De Bruyne or Salah for player of the year so far. 

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

De Bruyne or Salah for player of the year so far. 

De Bruyne for me. I know Salah has scored the most but he plays further forward and has also spurned a bunch of chances. De Bruyne (and Silva to be honest) are just on a different level. 

Still go to go to Man. United (Jose Parking the bus etc and Man United haven't lost at home since September 2016), Spurs (were outplayed there last season and generally Spurs are a bad match up for them last few years) and Liverpool (they're historically awful at Anfield).

If they can get through those three unbeaten it could well happen.

Edit: They got fortunate yesterday as Kompany could easily have been sent off after three minutes. Thought the ref had applied the double jeopardy rule but that only applies for fouls in the penalty area dosen't it?

Edited by VillaChris

On 19/11/2017 at 21:47, HanoiVillan said:

De Bruyne for me. I know Salah has scored the most but he plays further forward and has also spurned a bunch of chances. De Bruyne (and Silva to be honest) are just on a different level. 

Yeah, De Bruyne has been something else, absolutely top quality.

Can we declare them champions already? 8 points clear of 2nd and it's only November...

They've scored 13 more goals than the next highest team, and have a +33 goal differential. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Can we declare them champions already? 12 points clear of 2nd and it's only November...

They've scored 13 more goals than the next highest team, and have a +33 goal differential. 

8 points, not 12?

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Haven't seen a PL game since walking out of VP under Lerner so no idea about Man City, Man United or any other glory hunter club but I will say this: If Man City win the Champions League I'll be absolutely devastated. 

No worse than when Chelsea did it.

I'd be pleased for the City fans who followed them down to the third division, they had 29k gates against likes of Macclesfield in those days (98-99) season so far more than Chelsea were getting when they went down in the 80s.

Let's be honest it's only a matter of time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No worse than when Chelsea did it.

I'd be pleased for the City fans who followed them down to the third division, they had 29k gates against likes of Macclesfield in those days (98-99) season so far more than Chelsea were getting when they went down in the 80s.

Let's be honest it's only a matter of time.

It was terrible when Chelsea won it too. I'm certain Man City will win it one day and when they do, it'll be another sad day for football given how they will have achieved it.

Â