Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

They inflated the market a lot more than Chelsea did, overpaid for shitter players. Plus have raided lesser clubs for star players or potential stars and used them sparingly like Santa Cruz, Bony, Rodwell even Delph. Also have paid ridiculous contracts that they dont care anymore hence dickheads like Ireland, Richards and Lescott

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is there any of that that Chelsea didn't do, but at a lower price due to inflation?

Not really Chelsea never went as crazy as City, until Torres im sure they never broke the transfer record. They never had to go and spend the equivalent of 160 million on 3 full backs and a goalkeeper in a summer

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not really Chelsea never went as crazy as City, until Torres im sure they never broke the transfer record. They never had to go and spend the equivalent of 160 million on 3 full backs and a goalkeeper in a summer

Average players cost 40 mil now . City have not spent massively on one single player like man U. Pogba and Lukaku

19 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Haven't seen a PL game since walking out of VP under Lerner so no idea about Man City, Man United or any other glory hunter club but I will say this: If Man City win the Champions League I'll be absolutely devastated. 

i had the pleasure of the company of a man utd fan on sunday....he actually uttered the words "id rather man city won the champions league than PSG"

maybe one for the games gone thread

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

They inflated the market a lot more than Chelsea did, overpaid for shitter players. Plus have raided lesser clubs for star players or potential stars and used them sparingly like Santa Cruz, Bony, Rodwell even Delph. Also have paid ridiculous contracts that they dont care anymore hence dickheads like Ireland, Richards and Lescott

disagree but i would say that city almost purposefully weakened those around them whilst strengthening their own team, barry from us, lescott from everton, cherry picking arsenal, unsettling a lot of others (although agents need to take some blame for that too) city used money to buy players dropping down to them or moving sideways, i dont think chelsea did, they just bought the best players from teams below them or from abroad, the only one really was makelele from madrid but he was unhappy and had put in a transfer request iirc

agree about your trophy record comment though, i dont think people realise how little city have actually won with the money

Edited by villa4europe

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea signing SWP in 2005 for 20 odd million and then barely playing him (mainly because he wasn't good enough for that level) was an example of all those things.

Man City did similar with Roque Santa Cruz. 

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

You’re just forgetting history. As soon as Abramovich came in, they spent over £100m (14 years ago btw) on basically an entire new team including:

Damian Duff for £17m, Adrian Mutu for £16m, Scott Parker for £10m, and Wayne Bridge and Glen Johnson for £15m combined.

£100m back then is probably £600m in today’s market. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

you really would, if he had the choice Pep would too

I don't think he would - Sanchez wouldn't work as well in this system, which is absolutely nailed down now btw.  It may have been work-in-progress last season, but Sané and Sterling have become pivotal in those wide-forward positions.

Just can't see them getting beaten in the league at all.

Â