Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it interesting watching the Burnley game that the Burnley fans were singing boring boring city. I enjoyed that because personally I find watching Man City really dull and lacking in any excitement, I just don’t find watching a team have 75/80% possession and boring teams into submission very interesting and I enjoyed realising I’m not the only one. I also was equally amused at the sky commentators attempts to tell us that city are not boring just controlled and that we should all admire them. 

im obviously not saying city are bad as they clearly are not, they have the best team in the league probably but it doesn’t mean they are fun to watch. Also I will say I don’t normally bother watching them but the wife was out and I was slightly excited for the start of the season but that evaporated after about 3 minutes 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think you're right but at the same time it's now wider than just their style of football, their treble, their 3 titles in a row, 4 out of the last 5

Man City as an entity are boring, the PL with them in it is boring

Yep I agree on that for sure, we are in danger as a premier league of become like the Scottish, French or German league and it soon erodes the interest of your only looking at a race to see who comes second although the premier league more than others often seems to go in cycles so hopefully that’s what this is 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

Arguably the best midfielder in the world let alone for city out for the season has slightly more ramifications than villas 1st choice CB being out

Its only 4 months he is missing

• Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 09:13, punkiller1981 said:

I found it interesting watching the Burnley game that the Burnley fans were singing boring boring city. I enjoyed that because personally I find watching Man City really dull and lacking in any excitement, I just don’t find watching a team have 75/80% possession and boring teams into submission very interesting and I enjoyed realising I’m not the only one. I also was equally amused at the sky commentators attempts to tell us that city are not boring just controlled and that we should all admire them. 

im obviously not saying city are bad as they clearly are not, they have the best team in the league probably but it doesn’t mean they are fun to watch. Also I will say I don’t normally bother watching them but the wife was out and I was slightly excited for the start of the season but that evaporated after about 3 minutes 

Yes I find Man City a channel changer.  

It's also a story in midweek, with not a lot else to talk about and no big games tonight. Naturally that gets a bit more airtime than an injury received in the middle of a game on a Saturday afternoon with a full round of fixtures being played and lots of competing topics to talk about

Edited by Davkaus

On 12/08/2023 at 10:13, punkiller1981 said:

It was the same with Guardiola’s Barcelona, won everything but put me to sleep with their tika-taka.

It is terrible. Grealish last night just got the ball, did a couple of shuffles, then passed it back to Gvardiol.

Then it goes to the CM, then out to the right, then back the other way.

Paqueta is going to love not being allowed to shoot until he’s exactly where Pep wants him to be.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

It is terrible. Grealish last night just got the ball, did a couple of shuffles, then passed it back to Gvardiol.

Then it goes to the CM, then out to the right, then back the other way.

Paqueta is going to love not being allowed to shoot until he’s exactly where Pep wants him to be.

Grealish is there purely to control the opponents line

Pick the ball up, carry it forward 10 yards at a snails pace, defence drops deeper, LB and midfield has more space

On 15/08/2023 at 18:08, villa4europe said:

I'm adjusting my prediction for the year

City will only win the league by single points

I think they won't win it this season. They have sold good players and not replaced them with players as good or better. Plus there's the lack of motivation after winning 3 trophies in one season. 

On 15/08/2023 at 18:08, villa4europe said:

I'm adjusting my prediction for the year

City will only win the league by single points

They always seem to start slow (if you can call a 3-0 away victory that) and then they turn into a monster. Especially with Gvardiol and Kovacic still settling in.

I expect them to win by 10+ points. 

Â