Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Wasn't there a load of linked fees surrounding Haaland?  Massive signing on fees, payment to his agent, payment to his father.  I'm sure I read somewhere that the "transfer fee" was closer to £200m than the £63m release clause.

Not just City and Haaland that are up to that.  Check out how much Neymar's dad made from his move from Barca to PSG.

I'd be amazed if anything happened.

You've got to remember that our government got involved to get the Newcastle deal through.  There's no way the Premier League is able to fight against a nation state; which is one of the reasons why them owning clubs is so damaging to football.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2023 at 16:54, LondonLax said:

There are also accusations in the latest scandal that Man City pay additional salaries ‘off the books’. They may not look like they are paying market distorting wages at first glance but how can we ever be sure? 

A bunch of readies in a brown envelope?

On 24/04/2023 at 16:54, LondonLax said:

There are also accusations in the latest scandal that Man City pay additional salaries ‘off the books’. They may not look like they are paying market distorting wages at first glance but how can we ever be sure? 

It’s a bit like being a British politician. An £80k salary plus whatever “consulting” work you can sort out on top. 

Will try and link it later but the corner flag stuff for tonight is **** hilarious

They've asked fans, via their $city fan token stuff or some such bullshit, to pick 4 unique corner flag designs with city icons and legends from their rich history for tonight's game vs arsenal

Aguero is on 2 of them 😂😂😂

Tinpot club

• Haha 3

Doncaster Rovers Belles: The shocking demotion of a Women's Super League founder - BBC Sport

When the Football Association announced it was demoting Doncaster Rovers Belles from the Women's Super League on 26 April 2013, the decision sparked huge anger throughout women's football.

They were not just any club, they were six-time FA Cup winners, twice champions of the league's top division and the only club to have continuously been in the women's top flight since a national league system was formed in 1991.

Yet they were to be replaced in the top flight by Manchester City, who had never played in the WSL previously, as part of a restructure to split the league into two tiers.

"Donny have the support of all the league's current clubs," said Arsenal's general manager Vic Akers at the time.

"I've spoken to all seven and we all feel what the FA has done is unjust - in my opinion it's morally scandalous."

Just read this, yet another reason to loathe this word removed club. I mean **** hell.

• Like 1

Â