Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't see the big issue with it at all to be honest.

Are you fine with doping in sports too? Man City are essentially financially doping to get an upper-hand on others. You may not like the rules, but that's a different argument. 

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You are arguing that just because you don't like the rules you can break them and face no consequences right? 

I'm not arguing that at all, I'm making the point that people are totally over reacting to it. Talk of throwing them out of the league or taking titles off them is laughable. 

Edited by villa89
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't see the big issue with it at all to be honest. They bypassed FFP regulations to build a great team and win trophies. The FFP system is absolute rubbish of the highest order, designed to keep clubs like Man Utd., Bayern etc. at the top of European football forever. Whatever you think of city's owners they have only done good by that club and community. In my view it's completely illegal to stop an owner investing their own money into a business that they own. The Premier League should have rules that stop clubs going bankrupt not this FFP tripe that's in place now.

You buy success in football, Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle are the clubs that have hit the jackpot with endless money to buy trophies with.  

You've had enough replies about why it's a problem you should care about.

That doesn't make the bit in bold any less right though. You can think all that,  and still see that they've broken the rules to benefit them, whilst others comply with them and suffer.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If City don’t get relegated or stripped of titles they got off lightly. That’s the gravity of the situation. 

I think if the most serious charges are proven and found guilty then yes, they will have got off lightly with anything other than a forced relegation. Stripping of titles is surely a given if they are proven to have broken the rules in those years, its barely a punishment at all. 

A points deduction would do nothing. I think they can only do a max 20 point deduction, and City haven't scored less than 66 points since 2009 when Mark Hughes managed them.

So yes, if found guilty, the only thing that really hurts them now is getting kicked out. Where they end up is then on the EFL.

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Said it before, This level of cheating is IMO worse than failing doping tests for performance enhanced drugs and therefore should be stripped of all honours they have cheated to win! 

Can’t agree with this at all. Taking performance enhancing drugs is far worse. Take boxing for an example, one boxer taking drugs against someone who doesn’t, could easily kill the opponent by being bigger and stronger than they should be. There is also health risks to the individual taking them. 
The influence on want to be athletes could also be affected.

I’m not blaming City fully. But their financial doping allowed them to eventually leapfrog us before Lerner closed shop. Spending over £100m a year on players was cheating for a club that would ordinarily not have the means. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I don't see the big issue with it at all to be honest. They bypassed FFP regulations to build a great team and win trophies. The FFP system is absolute rubbish of the highest order, designed to keep clubs like Man Utd., Bayern etc. at the top of European football forever. Whatever you think of city's owners they have only done good by that club and community. In my view it's completely illegal to stop an owner investing their own money into a business that they own. The Premier League should have rules that stop clubs going bankrupt not this FFP tripe that's in place now.

You buy success in football, Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle are the clubs that have hit the jackpot with endless money to buy trophies with.  

Poppycock!.. Rules are the rules that we All have to implement and adhere too, Not morally but lawfully, So in life if we break the laws then legally you're fuckt  

"Feed em to the pigs Errol" 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

They are just complete **** morons...

Oooooh, they're going to fight us if we sing nasty songs about them, booooo hoooo hoooo.  Kick the words removed out the league sooner rather than later pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Really scared, back in the day that football violence was en vogue they were shit at it 

Edited by Follyfoot

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

The season before they did spend a bit of money when they were owned by the slightly more loveable Thai Prime Minister

Who? Mr Thaksin Shinawatra?

The former Thai prime minister who is now no longer welcome back in his own country?

Man City eh?

They really are a Petri dish of some of foulest species farted into existence…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

But this is not boxing. 

Doping is a good comparison within reason. The 'doping' organism is the club - and if Man City financially 'dope' then they destroy Everton, Man Utd, Villa, Arsenal etc.

If you want to stick with boxing, Man City knock everyone out.

That doesn't only mean they get to be first on MOTD - that means clubs, communities, cities, lose income. The entire football pyramid suffers. 

Yep arguably Villa suffered big time from this Financial doping.  Learner just gave up Tony Xia nearly killed us.

It's a butterfly effect and it won't just be us.

Owners looked at Abramovich and tried to compete but the state backed owners come in and blew Abramovich away.

Chelsea started it really and then FFP came in to stop that happening and City have just said **** that we will do what we want.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

With regards to this I watched a classic 90's courtroom flick the other week and got curious after so did some fact checking on said subject...

It seems, in America at least this type of illegally obtained can be used as long as it's not obtained by the prosecution or defence directly.... I think. I can't be bothered to look at it again. It was the John Grisham one about medical insurance with Matt Damon in it.

The Rainmaker. 

• Like 1

On a side note, I heard on a podcast a few months back that footballers take PEDs as well - an asthma diagnosis is the common one apparently. Allows for legal use of drugs to improve oxygen intake or something. Anyone else heard this? Cheating could sadly be way more common than we'd like to believe.

But stuff like this is still a kick in the nuts even to cynics like me...I clearly still have a core of naivety that thought it was the arrival of Mancini and one or two key players that got Citeh rolling. Emery's arrival was going to be the same flashpoint moment for us in my eyes, along with some marquee signings. But if it's not to be then fine - I'm way more comfortable trying to do this within the rules laid down.

UTV - winners of the 2019/20 League Cup. :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo71 said:

On a side note, I heard on a podcast a few months back that footballers take PEDs as well - an asthma diagnosis is the common one apparently. Allows for legal use of drugs to improve oxygen intake or something. Anyone else heard this? Cheating could sadly be way more common than we'd like to believe.

But stuff like this is still a kick in the nuts even to cynics like me...I clearly still have a core of naivety that thought it was the arrival of Mancini and one or two key players that got Citeh rolling. Emery's arrival was going to be the same flashpoint moment for us in my eyes, along with some marquee signings. But if it's not to be then fine - I'm way more comfortable trying to do this within the rules laid down.

UTV - winners of the 2019/20 League Cup. :)

Accusations of Klopp's Liverpool team taking that has been rife amongst rival fans for years, questioning how they can have such high energy levels for 90 minutes across multiple seasons.

• Like 1

To play devil's advocate here regards Manchester City AND being made a sacrificial lamb in all this. UEFA wouldn't have taken kindly to having CAS overule their 2 year CL ban and fine and reduced to just the fine but lowered. I wonder if pressure was put onto the FA and then PL to investigate and in return any Euro's bid would be favourably looked at?

Edited by stewiek2

Â