Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the Blue Moon posters are completely delusional like they victims of conspiracy unlike Blue Moon podcast creator on All Villa No Filler podcast saying if it turns out we broke the rules I'll accept whatever punishment and carry on watching football whatever league we're in

6 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Not to surprised to read that Premier League clubs want City kicked out of the league if found guilty, I imagine a lot of clubs are as tired of the lack of severe punishment as fans are at this point. 

More like tired of the competition, like Man City winning every season.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's funny seeing all the Newcastle fans defending man city...it's almost as if their opinion as changed for some reason on the matter in the past 12 months or so.

No doubt they’d like FFP to be scrapped

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Send them down to the Vanarama National and expel the owners and board 

Send em to the Walsall and Lichfield league. 

yes I know that they’re from lancs and this league is in a different county. But it’d be fun marking Jack although before my inevitable heart attack after 5 minutes. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

The disparity in transfer fees once the UAE money kicked in in 08 is truly staggering

spacer.png

Source

The season before they did spend a bit of money when they were owned by the slightly more loveable Thai Prime Minister

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

When do we get presented with the Carabao Cup?

I presume this is tongue in cheek but if their trophies are stripped they will not be awarded to another team. They will just be years marked with an asterisk as having no rightful winner. 

The team that lost to Man City in the semi final of the cup would (rightly) say it should have been them playing us in that final but we’ll never get to know which team would have won.

As would any team who lost any match to Man City in a cup run or league title chase over the period. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are Etihad airways a company you can buy and trade stock in?

If so, surely there are regulations against them moving tens of millions of pounds through their books for the benefit of another company?

Looked this up and no, it seems like they aren't. Formerly a nationalised enterprise, they were transferred to the portfolio of ADQ, Abu Dhabi's 3rd largest sovereign wealth fund, in October 2022. And while you can buy and sell shares in IHC, the largest sovereign wealth fund, it seems like ADQ is not listed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That is simply unbelievable - it's an incredible trail of the most casual approach to hiding hundreds of millions of pounds - these aren't the communications of people who give the tiniest f*** or think that any of the rules really apply to them - it's a clerical decision, "Oh, can you put this on this line because of the silly rule please" it's nothing to them.

Did you scroll through them all? A number of them look like they're mislabelled sources of income. 

Given the implications,  surely some of that money is going to have been mis-represented in their accounts and surely that will constitute a UK Financial Reporting Council breach? Why havent the Premier league reported them to any other governing body if so?

Â