Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This signing doesn't bother me all to much, could work out well, but the small part that is bothering me is that he has been given a four year deal. So if he is a flop, and not many people are interested, he could be rotting on the bench or reserves until he is 32. We love to give out long contracts don't we?

Ha ha, TRO, you may just have raised the the :confused: :confused: point in my earlier post

Arguments I particularly like are:

He looks crap on Youtube :confused:

He won't be any good because people said Bradley would be good and he wasn't :confused: :confused:

An Ajax fan says he isn't much good :confused: :confused: :confused:

Congrats to romavillan and VillaAlex who just watched him actually play a game and saw he was quite good in very difficult circumstances.

FFS at least let's give him a chance to put on a C&B shirt before writing him off.

Bradley wasnt given anywhere near a fair crack of the whip here. We have never been good at blooding new players into the first team though. We always seem to leave them on the bench. Not because theyre not good enough but because the manager (whoever that may be) is scared to change the lineup from his usual 'tried and tested' formula. Bit of a shit way to do things

bradley looked plain awful everytime he was on the pitch, and thats including playing for the reserves. needed to much time on the ball and didnt get stuck in. thats why he was **** off as soon as his loan ended.

I think I've finally grasped the point of this thread. It is clearly part of a bet to see if Villatalk can be reduced to a laughing stock in a few short pages.

Arguments I particularly like are:

He looks crap on Youtube :confused:

He won't be any good because people said Bradley would be good and he wasn't :confused: :confused:

An Ajax fan says he isn't much good :confused: :confused: :confused:

Congrats to romavillan and VillaAlex who just watched him actually play a game and saw he was quite good in very difficult circumstances.

You do realise you're putting the bet at risk, though, don't you? :lol:

I could not have put it better myself.

This signing doesn't bother me all to much, could work out well, but the small part that is bothering me is that he has been given a four year deal. So if he is a flop, and not many people are interested, he could be rotting on the bench or reserves until he is 32. We love to give out long contracts don't we?

Well, when we don't sign players on long contracts fans complain about us never securing players for long enough. It's a hard to run a football club these days.

some people on here seriously need a wake up call.

we've got an established international at his peak for free, and he will be on relatively low wages.

the fact that people don't know who he is shows more ignorance of the game outside the UK, rather than the size of his profile (or ability).

Throw in some appropriate capital letters :winkold: and the man makes a very valid point!

Thanks brommy, no time for punctuation when ranting!! :D

You forgot to mention that he has champions league experience as well.

Not bad for $0

Remember Stuart Downing and Jame Milner. Those guys were immense in a Villa shirt but it took them at least a year to settle in to the team and for them to play there best football and that was playing every single game.

It will take him time for sure. AM has to get the best out of him you cannot keep on chopping, changing and subbing players. It does nothing for there confindent there has got to be more loyalty shown to players. I now understand why MON never used to chop and change and made often subs....!

Bradley wasnt given anywhere near a fair crack of the whip here. We have never been good at blooding new players into the first team though. We always seem to leave them on the bench. Not because theyre not good enough but because the manager (whoever that may be) is scared to change the lineup from his usual 'tried and tested' formula. Bit of a shit way to do things

bradley looked plain awful everytime he was on the pitch, and thats including playing for the reserves. needed to much time on the ball and didnt get stuck in. thats why he was **** off as soon as his loan ended.

You can count all of those appearances on one hand.

I think its fair to say hes gonna need to hit the ground running here.
I hope he can hit the ground running - very fast, because it's looking like he will be pelted with rotten eggs as soon as he takes the field.

"Boo, go home you Eredivisie-winning, goal creator and scorer for the Australian national side. We don't want your scum at the mighty Villa." :winkold: