What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Callisto update 

Great game, gore fest, a slow version of Doom.(which imo is the greatest game ever)

Looks good on quality mode on series x and will be even better when they sort the ray tracing bug out.

How far in are you. Heard a few times that once you get a few hours in and got start confronting multiple enemies at a time the controls can be awful.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dubbs said:

How far in are you. Heard a few times that once you get a few hours in and got start confronting multiple enemies at a time the controls can be awful.  

Yes I'm up against multiples now and the controls take a bit of getting used to. I'm trying the middle level as don't want it to be too easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy hell, I started playing Ghost of Tsushima last night. For some reason it was nothing like I expected, and it's frigging brilliant!

Like assassin's creed crossed with red dead but with brilliant (brutal) combat set in Feudal Japan. Awesome!!  

• Like 1

Ghost of Tsushima is very good. But yes it's pretty much literally an Assassin's Creed game with a samurai skin on, and some feudal Japan wallpapering (the haiku creator... Dear lord).

Probably suffers a bit for a lack of variety. But I felt it was bloody good and very much enjoyed it.

Got a PS5 last week and the first game im playing is Red Dead Redemption 2 again. 

Havnt had a playstation for a few years and it no doubt doesnt take advantage of any of the PS5 attributes, but my god what a game. 

• Like 1

After spending too many hours on Elden Ring and Bloodbourne this year I've gone back to Dark Souls 2 to give it another go.  I dunno it's just not quite clicking yet but I'm going to stick with it as I want to try the Remaster and Dark Souls 3 afterwards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Far Cry 6 - a good 6 hours into it now, I do fear that it suffers from the same thing most Ubisoft games suffer from (except Watchdogs Legion) which is ridiculous bloat. It's almost too big.

Forgot about FC6

Did you get it cheap? If that goes south of £30 on the ps5 I'll pick it up

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Forgot about FC6

Did you get it cheap? If that goes south of £30 on the ps5 I'll pick it up

Bought it when it was released, so pretty much full price!! It is pretty good though.

• Like 1

Started vampire survivor on my phone, its so simple and basic... And it absolutely works, it's a time sink, very easy to get lost in it even if I'm not actually very good

My only complaint would be that it's on my phone (and it's free!) despite the simplicity of the design, it would look dated 30 years ago, I think it would work better on a console and a big screen where the movement would be quicker and I could see more, would guess it works brilliantly on the switch

On 20/12/2022 at 16:42, Chindie said:

Ghost of Tsushima is very good. But yes it's pretty much literally an Assassin's Creed game with a samurai skin on, and some feudal Japan wallpapering (the haiku creator... Dear lord).

Probably suffers a bit for a lack of variety. But I felt it was bloody good and very much enjoyed it.

Just returned to this and the Iki island expansion. Took me a little while to get used to the combat again but the main storyline and side quests are on point. 

Love this game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Just returned to this and the Iki island expansion. Took me a little while to get used to the combat again but the main storyline and side quests are on point. 

Love this game. 

I started the whole thing again for the iki Island expansion and went on to platinum it

Its a grind at the end but its still a brilliant game, hopefully they'll announce a second one next year, not sure what I'd actually like them to do with it just more of the same if anything, maybe a proper battle, dynasty warrior + AC odyssey esque 500 enemies on the screen chaos

That said at the same time with sly Cooper, infamous and ghost I'd be happy if SP did a complete new game

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I started the whole thing again for the iki Island expansion and went on to platinum it

Its a grind at the end but its still a brilliant game, hopefully they'll announce a second one next year, not sure what I'd actually like them to do with it just more of the same if anything, maybe a proper battle, dynasty warrior + AC odyssey esque 500 enemies on the screen chaos

That said at the same time with sly Cooper, infamous and ghost I'd be happy if SP did a complete new game

While I like the AC games, mostly the early ones, I'm finding Ghost of Tsushima much more immersive and enjoyable at the moment. About 5-6 hours in.

• Like 2

Finished FFVII Remake and got Wargammer 40k Mechanicus, Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate Deamon Hunters and Warhammer 40k Battlesector on sale. Brilliant combo of games.

Edited by daft

Â