coda

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Pulisic played great last night

Changed the game in an instant. Even Klopp had to laugh when he scored. Too bad for Chelsea he can't play centreback as well.

Edited by JamieZ
Dreadful speeling error

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/07/2020 at 11:37, The_Rev said:

Chelsea are really spunking the cash this summer aren't they?  If they get Kai Havertz then that's three world class players signed in double quick time.   Werner and Ziyech are straight up replacements/upgrades on Tammy and Willian, and Havertz might just fill the void left by Eden Hazard.   If they pull it off then do Chelsea go into the new season with serious expectations to win the league?  People are certainly going to start looking at Lampard differently once the expectations of him change. 

Ziyech might be a little overrated, while obviously a good player he doesn't stand out as being overly superior to Dusan Tadic.

He did win the German league twice with a club who weren’t called Bayern Munich. That’s got to be worth half a Premier League, surely? 

there are longer videos out there from different angles too suggesting that its not klopp he was arguing with...it was rhian Brewster who was giving Lampard stick and being told to shut the **** up with a typical cockney you can **** an all aimed at jurgen

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

there are longer videos out there from different angles too suggesting that its not klopp he was arguing with...it was rhian Brewster who was giving Lampard stick and being told to shut the **** up with a typical cockney you can **** an all aimed at jurgen

Isn't Brewster on loan at Swansea and played for them away at Reading on the same day?  Odd that he'd fly up to Liverpool so quickly.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Isn't Brewster on loan at Swansea and played for them away at Reading on the same day?  Odd that he'd fly up to Liverpool so quickly.

Maybe not brewster then! 

If that's how it's played out though then I actually agree with Frank, teenager on the Liverpool bench giving him grief, klopp should have a word, Liverpool fans will obviously never see it that way 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe not brewster then! 

If that's how it's played out though then I actually agree with Frank, teenager on the Liverpool bench giving him grief, klopp should have a word, Liverpool fans will obviously never see it that way 

He seems to be mouthing off at an assistant, then turns to Klopp and says the whole "first league title you've won, **** off" thing.

Lampard comes across terribly IMO.  He's arguing over a foul and it turns into that.  Football, eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Lampard just needs to grow up a bit, he’s a manager now not a footballer and with that comes responsibility’s. He will learn. 

I agree, he showed a lack of maturity having a massive piss up with the players when they won their playoff semi-final.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Lampard just needs to grow up a bit, he’s a manager now not a footballer and with that comes responsibility’s. He will learn. 

You think that Jose or sir alex didn't mouth off in the same way? 

I'd bet theres all kinds of nonsense spouted at each other for the 90 minutes, it's not even sky behind closed doors that's captured this some of it looks like mobile footage

The fact that it's normal is maybe something to question but I seriously dou t this is a exclusive to Lampard thing 

I dont understand the criticism of Lampard here, if Klopp managed another team like Arsenal for example he would have got aboslutely abused for his antics. The guy is a complete clearing in the woods, probably the biggest dickhead in the Premier League

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand the criticism of Lampard here, if Klopp managed another team like Arsenal for example he would have got aboslutely abused for his antics. The guy is a complete clearing in the woods, probably the biggest dickhead in the Premier League

Would you take him as a Villa manager? Like, in a split second?

I happen to think he's a pretty likeable guy, personally—I like his candor and enthusiasm—but I feel like there's absolutely no arguing he's not a hell of a manager.

2 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

Would you take him as a Villa manager? Like, in a split second?

I happen to think he's a pretty likeable guy, personally—I like his candor and enthusiasm—but I feel like there's absolutely no arguing he's not a hell of a manager.

Klopp is a good manager but he is the biggest dickhead in the Premier League. I can accept an arrogant clearing in the woods as as manager but at least they accept it unlike Klopp who makes himself as a man of the people. O'Leary, MON were rocket polishers but at least they accepted they were rocket polishers

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Klopp is a good manager but he is the biggest dickhead in the Premier League. I can accept an arrogant clearing in the woods as as manager but at least they accept it unlike Klopp who makes himself as a man of the people. O'Leary, MON were rocket polishers but at least they accepted they were rocket polishers

Agree to disagree. But I think a good way to gauge a manager's character is what their players think of them. Klopp's players seem to love him and having nothing but good things to say about him after they've/he's moved on.

2 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

Agree to disagree. But I think a good way to gauge a manager's character is what their players think of them. Klopp's players seem to love him and having nothing but good things to say about him after they've/he's moved on.

pretty sure players that played for Tim Sherwood, Martin O'Neill or Harry Redknapp think they are great. Doesnt mean not rocket polishers either

On 22/07/2020 at 11:37, The_Rev said:

Chelsea are really spunking the cash this summer aren't they?  If they get Kai Havertz then that's three world class players signed in double quick time.   Werner and Ziyech are straight up replacements/upgrades on Tammy and Willian, and Havertz might just fill the void left by Eden Hazard.   If they pull it off then do Chelsea go into the new season with serious expectations to win the league?  People are certainly going to start looking at Lampard differently once the expectations of him change. 

Lacking in defence they’d still be far too open. I don’t think Lampard is tactically astute enough to challenger a title 

On 24/07/2020 at 23:36, Zatman said:

its what you call an extrovert. 

Â