Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton will certainly win WBA, and would've done so regardless, because they where there for the taking when we played them as well. QPR will likewise also beat Stoke, whom have absolutely nothing to play for anymore. Which basically means we are ****, in case any of them manage to get one more point, seeing as we will not get anything from our remaining games. Tottenham will grind out a victory, just as they did yesterday.

Am I reading this right? - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Some places are now offering 20/1 on us to go down?

Very tempting, but even at those odds, I just can't bet against Villa.

There's a reason for that. After yesterday we're safe barring a miracle. Blackburn can't catch us. QPR need 4pts from 2 games and one of those is Man City in Manchester on the last day. Even that assumes they beat Stoke. Sure, we can go down with some mathematical gymnastics, but 20/1 is (thankfully) throwing your money away.

So Vreitti will QPR beat Man City?

It depends on the title race I guess, but probably not. I am very sorry for trying to be realistic in my predictions. I sure as shit don't wan't to see us going down, but it is not looking good, even a neutral would have to admit this much.

I have to say i am pretty furious with the FA today.

The people at the FA get paid to do what is best for them and England. Us appointing a shower of shite as a manager and then having a predictably awful season which has left us in the relegation mix and thus effected by their decision is none of their concern.

Bolton will certainly win WBA, and would've done so regardless, because they where there for the taking when we played them as well. QPR will likewise also beat Stoke, whom have absolutely nothing to play for anymore. Which basically means we are ****, in case any of them manage to get one more point, seeing as we will not get anything from our remaining games. Tottenham will grind out a victory, just as they did yesterday.
Your maths is wrong. You say "Which basically means we are ****, in case any of them manage to get one more point". That's not true. In order for us to go down, BOTH of them have to get one more point. Let's assume Wigan finish above us. That puts us 16th. Now BOTH Bolton and QPR must finish above us for us to go down. Not just one of them. So I'm afraid you're not being realistic. You're getting your maths wrong and being pessimistic off the back of that.

I have to say i am pretty furious with the FA today.

The people at the FA get paid to do what is best for them and England. Us appointing a shower of shite as a manager and then having a predictably awful season which has left us in the relegation mix and thus effected by their decision is none of their concern.

Sounds like AVFC board.. hiring shit managers.

Your maths is wrong. You say "Which basically means we are ****, in case any of them manage to get one more point". That's not true. In order for us to go down, BOTH of them have to get one more point. Let's assume Wigan finish above us. That puts us 16th. Now BOTH Bolton and QPR must finish above us for us to go down. Not just one of them. So I'm afraid you're not being realistic. You're getting your maths wrong and being pessimistic off the back of that.

True that. Apparently the mess we are in has made me completely disorientated...

Well regardless, it seems very likely (realistic) that both Bolton & QPR win their next games, meaning it will go down to the wire, where anything can happen and imho we'll not win Norwich away, but a point will of course be enough, and I'll admit I find it highly unlikely that QPR will get more than one point at the Etihad. So I guess we'll stay up. We are however **** regardless, when considering our current squad and these morons that are pulling the strings at present.

Lest also note whilst we are at it..Spurs are another team with a massive say in this relegation battle

When speculation about Arry' for England was rife their form dropped startlingly

This news of Hodgson broke yesterday... Spurs players knew Arry was staying & guess what

Form improved & they won easily

Just before we are due to play them too! Ok so are Bolton but you get my point..This could be viewed as evidence that these things do have an effect.. The FA should have waited until all relegation issues were resolved with regards to WBA involvement

As usual grand incompetence from them! Still they only organise the Premier League so why would they know about these things?!.......DOH!

Spurs beat Blackburn yeserday because Blackburn were proper shit..... not due tho their form being improved because Harry is staying.

Anyone would have beat Blackburn. According to my Spurs supporting mates the only team to have been that bad/negative there all season was Villa.

All this we need team A to beat team B because when they play team C they may not be arsed. Or Team A will have better form against us because of X is all BS. You could go through the whole season saying things like this.

Since the birth of the premieship on average 38 pts would see you safe. We are 1 point off this.

QPR need 6 points for us to go down. Unless theres a goal swing of 9. Our biggest away defeat this season is 4 nil to UTD, will Norwich do this?

Our biggest Home defeat is 2-4 to Chelsea - will Spurs do this?

QPRs biggest home win is 3 nil to Swansea. They play Stoke at Home

QPRS have won twice away all season. The opening day to Everton 1 nil, and away at Wolves 3 nil. They play Man CIty who have won everygame apart from 1.

It depends on the title race I guess, but probably not. I am very sorry for trying to be realistic in my predictions. I sure as shit don't wan't to see us going down, but it is not looking good, even a neutral would have to admit this much.

This is the thing, I can see where vreitti is coming from. Strange things happen in football, QPR could get something from Man City, nothing is for granted.

This weekend is huge, if results go against us, QPR, Bolton win their games in hand, we lose to Spurs, the final day is not going to good. Especially if QPR get an early goal on that final day.

It's not over till it's over.

Just had a look at the table and fixtures for the first time. I think it's pretty inevitable that Wigan and Bolton will finish above us, and we're left relying on Man City to beat QPR. As long as this happens then we're safe. Stranger things have happened though and a draw wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility. I still think we'll stay up, but it'll go to the final day. That said, if QPR lose their next game then we're basically fine and with the hammering they had yesterday then we could be out of the woods by the time I sit down to watch MOTD on Saturday.

If Man City are out of the title race, I've no doubt QPR could get a draw there at least on the last day. Much much crazier results have already happened this season. And 4 points would be all they need it we lose both our next two games.

(I think the odds are right in that we are currently much less likely than other teams to go down, but you watch those odds switch up if QPR and Bolton win their games and we go into the last day of the season still in the running to drop.)

Just get that feeling, with QPR having the worst away record in the league this year, the time they choose to improve on that is at the Etihad. So for that reason, even though I have a bet riding on United to win the league, i'll be hoping City win tonight and the title has to be decided on the last day. That is all.

"It's not looking good"maybe you should speak to QPR and Bolton fans who would love to be in our position right now.

whilst i don't share vreitti's complete pessimism, the people claiming that we are already safe are jumping the gun a bit for me.

if the spuds don't beat bolton and qpr beat stoke we could be right in the shit again come sunday. bolton will get a result against the albion. so like a few others i reckon it's just abotu qpr. if we have to match their result on the last day then we are at best going to have a **** nervous afternoon.

I know this is gonna sound extremely pessamistic but how many Sheffield United fans said.

'We can't go down West Ham have got to go to Old Trafford and Win were safe'

We could lose to Spurs Draw with Norwich and still get relegated.

The last day of the season is gonna be a nightmare unless we beat Spurs and I can't see that happening