Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

2 hours ago, Xela said:

So, online dating. Sites to avoid and sites to recommend?

Might as well give it one last go before I chop it off and throw it away. 

Not sure on websites mate, but I seem to remember you saying you had a bit of luck when you tried speed dating a while back?

Worth another try? 

On 2/1/2017 at 20:41, Shropshire Lad said:

Not sure on websites mate, but I seem to remember you saying you had a bit of luck when you tried speed dating a while back?

Worth another try? 

Yeah I had some good matches then, however I was 25 years old with a 28" waist back in those days! 

I might check it out. A good option, cheers. 

On 2/3/2017 at 18:30, Demitri_C said:

Just open a fb secretly just for tinder =) 

You sly old dog 

13 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Exactly what I did.

You too :D

Cheers chaps, its an option 

I've got a feeling you need a certain amount of friends on your Facebook account for Tinder to work, so setting up a fake account might be difficult.  I think POF works as well as anything once you get a nose for sniffing out who is actually a human being on there.  A pay site might work if you live somewhere with a big enough population.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've got a feeling you need a certain amount of friends on your Facebook account for Tinder to work, so setting up a fake account might be difficult.  I think POF works as well as anything once you get a nose for sniffing out who is actually a human being on there.  A pay site might work if you live somewhere with a big enough population.

A few female friends have suggested pay sites as it separates the wheat from the chaff. I don't want to really be wasting my time with people who aren't serious. To be honest, it sounds odd as a man saying it, but i'm not interested in one night stands. I've done all that in my younger days. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

A few female friends have suggested pay sites as it separates the wheat from the chaff. I don't want to really be wasting my time with people who aren't serious. To be honest, it sounds odd as a man saying it, but i'm not interested in one night stands. I've done all that in my younger days. 

I'd go for match over eharmony.  Was a few years ago now, but I found eh really restrictive.  

• Like 1

On 05/02/2017 at 10:29, sharkyvilla said:

Complete tosh.

As for sorting wheat from chaff with the paid sites? I had just as many shags/time wasters on free sites as I did with Match.com. Its just a lottery.

Enjoy the ride!

I'll save the full story for another time but my relationship with my wife looks to be rapidly going down the pan. Been together 16 years, married for 9, 2 incredible kids... but she wants out. No trigger that I am aware of. She just says over time she's felt like she doesn't want me anymore :(

Shes been away this week and due back this afternoon. It's gonna be a pretty horrible weekend.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I'll save the full story for another time but my relationship with my wife looks to be rapidly going down the pan. Been together 16 years, married for 9, 2 incredible kids... but she wants out. No trigger that I am aware of. She just says over time she's felt like she doesn't want me anymore :(

Shes been away this week and due back this afternoon. It's gonna be a pretty horrible weekend.

Ugh, commiserations.

There's usually something, or someone, that triggers this stuff off.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

sorry to hear that, must be an horrible situation for you both to be in.

• Like 1

Â