Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So been chatting to this girl on tinder, who I actually fancied way back when at college.

Was meant to meet up Sunday but she cancelled because of a hangover. She text saying we should rearrange but now I haven't heard back from her. Text her yesterday asking if she felt better but nothing back.

Normally I'd just walk away from it now with her not replying, but because of liking her for so long I don't want to. Think I'll wait another couple of days then send another text seeing if she still wants to meet up.... Not optimistic though. 

Going to be a crazy cat man (without the cats) for the rest of days... Bad times 

I'd keep my options open if I was you continue swiping for other women so your not focused on just her otherwise your gonna go crazy waiting for a response. Sounds like if she doesn't get back to you she might be a Mind game kind of girl be vigilant!

Tinder is great, albeit it very shallow and a dream for attention seekers

Never used it before, but after going through a break up I needed to give it a go.  I was always hesitant about using it in my home town so never bothered, but the location changer in the premium version is brilliant.  Even better as im actually going abroad for a bit.

I've been pretty picky, but had 5/6 matches in my first week, by woman that I thought would be WAY out of my league.  Id never approach that standard of lady in a bar for example.

Most seem pretty cool and happy to exchange numbers.  At least ive got some potential company with attractive females for when I arrive.  But like most have said, they will be bat shit crazy in person.

1 hour ago, lloydxmas said:

Tinder is great, albeit it very shallow and a dream for attention seekers

Never used it before, but after going through a break up I needed to give it a go.  I was always hesitant about using it in my home town so never bothered, but the location changer in the premium version is brilliant.  Even better as im actually going abroad for a bit.

I've been pretty picky, but had 5/6 matches in my first week, by woman that I thought would be WAY out of my league.  Id never approach that standard of lady in a bar for example.

Most seem pretty cool and happy to exchange numbers.  At least ive got some potential company with attractive females for when I arrive.  But like most have said, they will be bat shit crazy in person.

You're at least going to have to tell us where.

So my girlfriend of 3 months who I get on really well with, spend 3 or 4 days together a week with, told me that she loves me very casually as we said goodbye last night. Whilst it made me smile, and also startled me a bit, is it a bit weird to be saying that after 3months? 

I know you can't put a timeline on these things, but a general question for all of you dudes in a relationship, how long was you with your partner for before telling them that you loved them? 

Edited by PieFacE

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

What is it with you lot today and putting timescales on everything? :D

She's told you she loves you, isn't that something to be happy about and not overthink?

Bloody kids etc etc ;)

haha...  Oh yeah it does make me happy! But that's why I am overthinking it.... My life isn't used to this happiness lark! :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

haha...  Oh yeah it does make me happy! But that's why I am overthinking it.... My life isn't used to this happiness lark! :D

That's because you're a veggie crack whore.

SORT YOUR LIFE OUT YOU FAILURE AT LIFE.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

So my girlfriend of 3 months who I get on really well with, spend 3 or 4 days together a week with, told me that she loves me very casually as we said goodbye last night. Whilst it made me smile, and also startled me a bit, is it a bit weird to be saying that after 3months? 

I know you can't put a timeline on these things, but a general question for all of you dudes in a relationship, how long was you with your partner for before telling them that you loved them? 

i told mine after 2 weeks. we always had a thing for each other and we first went with each other when she was a young un then got together in a relationship 6 years later. i was instantly in love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I wouldn't worry about. My ex told me she loved me on the 2nd date.

She was mental, but that's beside the point. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Can't put a time on it. Just be glad that she said it and if you feel the same say it back. My ex I told after 3 months 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

If your into her then you should be thrilled mate. Like others have said timescale is not important. We'll done buddy

• Like 1

So I text that girl on weds, nothing over bearing, just the how's the week going, still want to meet up etc...

As predicted, no response.. Gutted as even without even meeting this girl I liked her (obviously liking since college plays something on this). Back to the sites... God I hate the single life... Feel so **** lonely right now. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

So I text that girl on weds, nothing over bearing, just the how's the week going, still want to meet up etc...

As predicted, no response.. Gutted as even without even meeting this girl I liked her (obviously liking since college plays something on this). Back to the sites... God I hate the single life... Feel so **** lonely right now. 

On to the next one brother. **** her, she sounds like hard work. I won't play those games myself any more. I find I resent any woman who can't just play with a straight bat anyway. Plus you'd probably find that she didn't live up to the idea of her you had in your mind.  

• Like 3

Â