Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

44 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What happened to making your own mind up?

Just don't wanna give my number to anymore crazy women!

but yeah I'm gonna take the gamble give the girl a go. Thanks lads. She is 35 so slightly older ;)

Edited by Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So I have a interesting one..this greek girl on POF messaged me, I thought god she must be ugly as only only ugly girls seem to message guys first these days. to my suprise she is actually really good looking. Got talking for a while then she asked for my number...all good so far. But then I notice in one of her POF pictures she has her surname so i did a search via FB  to see if we have any friends/exs in common. She is friends with one of my friends. So I message him before I give her my digits. He says to me he went on one date with her but he didnt like her as she was too clingy for him. He advised me to stay clear. So I was thinking maybe forget this, then the more he was talking about her I thought hmm something dont sound right with what he is telling me. He went on that she was too skinny and they went starbucks and she was counting the calories on everything she ate and drank.

My friend is known to be jealous type in the past (even though he has a gf now that he seems happy with) im thinking to give her a chance what do you guys think? She does seem nice (they all do at the start) and I think she is really good looking

Best if i deal with this one, 

Whats her name?.. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So I have a interesting one..this greek girl on POF messaged me, I thought god she must be ugly as only only ugly girls seem to message guys first these days. to my suprise she is actually really good looking. Got talking for a while then she asked for my number...all good so far. But then I notice in one of her POF pictures she has her surname so i did a search via FB  to see if we have any friends/exs in common. She is friends with one of my friends. So I message him before I give her my digits. He says to me he went on one date with her but he didnt like her as she was too clingy for him. He advised me to stay clear. So I was thinking maybe forget this, then the more he was talking about her I thought hmm something dont sound right with what he is telling me. He went on that she was too skinny and they went starbucks and she was counting the calories on everything she ate and drank.

My friend is known to be jealous type in the past (even though he has a gf now that he seems happy with) im thinking to give her a chance what do you guys think? She does seem nice (they all do at the start) and I think she is really good looking

as rj64 has not yet posted

dhutwu.:thumb:

oh yea,when i was on pof several years ago i got a cheap payg phone to use on there.just in case i met a nutter

Edited by krisagg75

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Another installment of "Davkaus does Dating".

I went up to Sherwood Forest yesterday to meet someone. She was alright, I guess, had a few drinks, she was suitably nerdy, and likes cats, that'll do.

She asked if I wanted to go for a walk, and we went around the forest, brave girl walking around in the woods with a guy she's never met before. Somehow we got on to the topic of exs (never a good idea, I know), and she told me about a guy she was seeing that told her that he'd been in prison for setting someone on fire. She only went out with him a couple of times after that.

She doesn't want to see me again :lol:

Not enough burning people in your back catalogue for her tastes, or too much?

49 minutes ago, Ginko said:

You got a burner for a dating website? :huh:

What type of women are you meeting on these places?

Well its still winter so have to look online until summer hits and people start coming out again!

Well a majority of them have had some kind of issue, whether too clingy not over ex, or been shafted by an ex that leaves them scared to get near any guy.  Thats what you get online people with histories. At my age as well I have to accept women will have some kind of history/bad past

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Well its still winter so have to look online until summer hits and people start coming out again!

Well a majority of them have had some kind of issue, whether too clingy not over ex, or been shafted by an ex that leaves them scared to get near any guy.  Thats what you get online people with histories. At my age as well I have to accept women will have some kind of history/bad past

It's not just online women. Most women and men will have histories especially the older they are.

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's not just online women. Most women and men will have histories especially the older they are.

Haha true that, I just find a majority of the women online have some kind of issue thats why they look online. When I pickup women from a bar its not usually as complicated as those online 

On the whole though, how many of those women you've picked up from bars have ever lead to any kind of serious relationship? For the most part those kinds of meetings are only about one thing which keeps things pretty simple. I'm sure most of these women have their own issues just like everybody else.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ginko said:

On the whole though, how many of those women you've picked up from bars have ever lead to any kind of serious relationship? For the most part those kinds of meetings are only about one thing which keeps things pretty simple. I'm sure most of these women have their own issues just like everybody else.

Yeah valid point, some were just for sex others not so much. My main relationships have been via hookups from friends or meeting people in my social circle. 

Â