Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

OK guys I had a episode this weekend with that Asian girl i am seeing.. she came over Friday night had a good night, the Saturday went shopping with her to find something for her nieces bday. We arrange to go cinema Sunday which was all good. Then Sunday i get a message from her saying lets go for a drink instead "as we need to talk about few things" I am off to Thailand Thursday so in my head I think its either she wants to go official or break it off. Get to pub and turns out its the latter...well sort of.

So she tells me the saturday she had a breakdown at her niece party and she thinks that means she isnt over her breakup. She thinks its best to call it off just in case as she isnt sure if its fair on me.  She was with her ex of five years just over a year ago, but she said she has been on many dates since then but this is first time its been real but she said she is freaked out. I said, look its fine. I said I am not going to be anyones rebound. She then went on saying how she always has a great time with me, never thinks about her ex when with me and best guy she has met in years. So I am like...so remind me why we are having a breakup converstation then? She stopped and thought about it for a second then just broke down. Gave her a lil hug and then said look lets go to my car and talk. We had a long conversation and she was talking about her emotions are over the place and wanted to know I felt about her (as we never discussed it prior) I said I think she is a cool chick and we get a long. definitely some attraction on my side, and hers I said to her, but I will walk if I feel the person isnt in it. I said to her I am going to take a step back and not message you for couple weeks (while I am in Thailand) to see if what we have is real. If you think about me and miss me then we know what we have is real. 

After that I said lets go for a dessert so take her somewhere which is a short walk. Before I know it we are laughing and having  a mini food fight like the conversation had never happened. Then when walking back to the car, she grabs my arm and says can I have a hug which I did then she started kissing me. We go back to my car and are all over each other again. I say to her i bet you didnt anticipate the night would end like this and she said noway I thought you would have said ok and left after few minutes which shows to me you care about me. I said to her on departing I wont say goodbye as I think we will see each other again and she was like...me too. 

Since we departed I have taken a step back but she has been messaging me like things are normal and conversation never occured. Any thoughts? 

The fact that she's texting you again shows that she's rather fond of you so... I wouldn't worry too much . For me it would depend on how often these "breakdowns" happen. If she starts doing it every other week then she's obviously conflicted whether your relationship is what she wants, however, if it's just a one off then just go along with it still and see what happens. If she's also texting you I wouldn't really hold back in texting her either, it's not like she doesn't want to speak to you, otherwise she wouldn't be texting either.

Personally, I think she's pregnant :D

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

As soon as she airs the thought that she might not be over her ex, and it's not fair on you, it's over. Kick her to the curb.

IMO, she's still messaging you and acting normal because she wants to know you're still there if she doesn't find anyone better, you'll be the backup plan. She'll be bitching to you about her new fella within a few weeks.

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As soon as she airs the thought that she might not be over her ex, and it's not fair on you, it's over. Kick her to the curb.

IMO, she's still messaging you and acting normal because she wants to know you're still there if she doesn't find anyone better, you'll be the backup plan. She'll be bitching to you about her new fella within a few weeks.

The guy lives in yorkshire and with someone else thats definitely over with. i think its more the fact that she was emotional. i think she has this barrier up and scared to let anyone in, I got in and now she doesnt know how to handle it. 

Also i told her i am not interested in being friends its either we carry on as we are or not talk. I told her I have enough female friends that I have chosen to be mates with dont want to add anymore. she knows the score on that count. 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Since we departed I have taken a step back but she has been messaging me like things are normal and conversation never occured. Any thoughts? 

My advice is to continue as you are, keep being a decent bloke. Ultimately, if she's messaging you, she most likely wants to hear from you, so respond accordingly.

However, when she mentions things like her ex, being "unfair on you" etc, alarms bells should be ringing. I've had that too. In my case it ultimately wasn't her ex she ended up with, but some new bloke. So on that, try and keep those feelings in check, cos it sounds like this could go either way. 

Keep telling yourself this is purely fun and that it doesn't matter if things go wrong.

Do not over think things. 

Everything will be fine.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

My advice is to continue as you are, keep being a decent bloke. Ultimately, if she's messaging you, she most likely wants to hear from you, so respond accordingly.

However, when she mentions things like her ex, being "unfair on you" etc, alarms bells should be ringing. I've had that too. In my case it ultimately wasn't her ex she ended up with, but some new bloke. So on that, try and keep those feelings in check, cos it sounds like this could go either way. 

Keep telling yourself this is purely fun and that it doesn't matter if things go wrong.

Do not over think things. 

Everything will be fine.

Good advice thanks buddy. To be honest mate my plan is go thailand  have the time of my life and see how I feel upon return. At this moment I do have some feelings for her I cant deny that, however if I come back, still have these feelings and she still saying the same things then I am just going to move on from her. If she has missed me upon my return and I have missed her then we will have a conversation.  I think this thailand trip has come at a good time as can show if what we have is real or just fun. Two weeks apart and not talking will let tell us.

i genuinely think she did this to see how serious I was about her as she has stated in the past on a number of occasions she doesnt want to waste time with osmeone who isnt thinking long term. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good advice thanks buddy. To be honest mate my plan is go thailand  have the time of my life and see how I feel upon return. At this moment I do have some feelings for her I cant deny that, however if I come back, still have these feelings and she still saying the same things then I am just going to move on from her. If she has missed me upon my return and I have missed her then we will have a conversation.  I think this thailand trip has come at a good time as can show if what we have is real or just fun. Two weeks apart and not talking will let tell us.

i genuinely think she did this to see how serious I was about her as she has stated in the past on a number of occasions she doesnt want to waste time with osmeone who isnt thinking long term. 

have sex with a ladymanboy in Thailand. Might be really good..

Actually.. we already have the answer, Xela, what's it like?

• Like 2

Bin her off pal... and when you do, lets see the x-rated photos of her! :P

Seriously though, go to Thailand, relax and enjoy yourself and see how you feel when you get back. If you really miss her then tell her that but if she still says stuff about her ex tell her its not fair on you and she needs to make a decision. 

Good luck chief!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

have sex with a ladymanboy in Thailand. Might be really good..

Actually.. we already have the answer, Xela, what's it like?

8/10.

Would bang again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If she's fully admitting to you that she's not over her ex then I'd sack her off straight away.

My reasoning to her would be something like "I like you, I want to be with you, but I'm not going to be messed around by someone who's not over their ex. Figure it out and come back to me when you've made your mind up"

if you stay with her, then she's having her cake and eating it. She can not be over her ex, and still have you to fall back on. If you sack her off then she knows it's either you or him and she'll be forced to make her mind up (I very much suspect she'll choose you)

Easier said than done, but that's how I'd approach it.

Agree with this. She is the one with the issue and you have told her how you feel so it's up to her. Give her and yourself a bit of space and see what happens. 

In my experience some women do kick up a fuss about some issue or another just to see what response they get. Sounds like you responded how she wanted you to.

If all else fails DHUTWU and tell her you've being shagging all your female 'friends' for years 

HTH

:D

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If she's fully admitting to you that she's not over her ex then I'd sack her off straight away.

My reasoning to her would be something like "I like you, I want to be with you, but I'm not going to be messed around by someone who's not over their ex. Figure it out and come back to me when you've made your mind up"

if you stay with her, then she's having her cake and eating it. She can not be over her ex, and still have you to fall back on. If you sack her off then she knows it's either you or him and she'll be forced to make her mind up (I very much suspect she'll choose you)

Easier said than done, but that's how I'd approach it.

I think thats real good advice Stevo thanks. I am thinking this will be the convo I will have upon my return, if she still talking about being unsure/or not over the ex then I am just gonna walk for sure and say adios. What I have learned in life no matter how much you like someone walk if you feel the other person isnt into you as much as you are into them. 

She could just be on the blob?

Carry on as you were, text her, be happy around her, behave how it was before and have fun etc..., go to Thailand, come back and carry on as you were again, if she mention's the ex again then take Stevo's advice but I wouldn't do it just yet. Just hold fire on that one for now, it's gold advice but not required just yet.

It sounds like she had a wobble and may have gotten over it already as you handled it really well by what you've said and she may be more confident about you now as a result. Sounds like it has solved itself so see how it goes and act if she does it again.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

She could just be on the blob?

Carry on as you were, text her, be happy around her, behave how it was before and have fun etc..., go to Thailand, come back and carry on as you were again, if she mention's the ex again then take Stevo's advice but I wouldn't do it just yet. Just hold fire on that one for now, it's gold advice but not required just yet.

It sounds like she had a wobble and may have gotten over it already as you handled it really well by what you've said and she may be more confident about you now as a result. Sounds like it has solved itself so see how it goes and act if she does it again.

:huh: Sorry.. did we somehow end up being back in 1976?

Come on man.. Slap yourself about the head.

Â