Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Career women are the worst type of woman. Avoid a career woman at all costs....unless you are an alpha male which frankly no one on this site is. Plenty of beta's on here though.

Did you stop at "The Game" or did you read the sequel too?
The Game is quite an interesting read.

The whole concept of the 'manosphere' seems to have gone from simply bettering yourself by dressing smarter, working out and getting more confidence with the female sex, which can only be a good thing, to basically hating on women and treating them like shit.

Its an interesting book.

But I suspect a lot of it is bollocks.

All this "alpha" "beta" stuff and "career women are the worst" goes totally over my head tbh.

Some simple suggestions for interacting with the opposite sex in any context:

1) Be yourself

2) Don't a dick

3) Be nice

4) Be honest

5) Listen

6) Pay attention

It really is that simple IMO.

To be fair, the alpha male thing is true. Completely true in fact.

What isn't true, is a lot of how the game says is how to show you're an alpha male.

The thing with fiction is, you can male anything look cool.

If Will Smith (in a film) says "I like apples" to a woman and she falls in love with him, then blokes think "woah! That must work!"

Same with the game.

I'm sure its a book based in truth. But a lot of what goes on is nonsense, and the author says as much.

words can't describe how much i hate the term 'the game' when men talk about dating and shit.

the alpha/beta crap is a pissing contest for rocket polishers too, with women reduced to mere trophies for men.

'oh look how much of an alpha i am, **** all these girls! **** you whiny beta bitches!'

'oh look how nice i am, the girls like me and not those bullshit meathead gym guys! **** you gym guys!'

if you think about life and love in those terms you need a good cockslap around the earlobe.

The status of alpha male can only be ascribed by a woman.

Any guy describing themselves as such would be considered a laughing stock and rightly so.

Sam Malone is a comic figure because he represents something which actually does not exist in nature: he's a chimera of masculine wish fulfillment . :)

Alpha males are evident in animals. The most powerful lion gets the lionesses, the biggest elephant gets the women, the biggest/strongest apes.

Humans don't need to be big and powerful, we have hammers and guns :)

CED is right. Anyone who claims to be or observes someone and calls them an alpha, is an idiot.

And that comes from the biggest alpha on VT ;) haha.

• Like 1

Nah, I'm calling bullshit on that observation. It's just the type of poisonous nonsense spread about masculinity that the world could do without. 'Be or do X and women will like you'. Bollocks.

Not really.

I don't agree with the lad culture or what you described in your post above.

But the alpha thing is true. It's been abused and made into a dickish culture. But the principle behind it is pretty sound imo.

What makes a person an Alpha?

A flying saucer for a head, a glowing beam a la Kitt from Knightrider and a thunderbolt on the chest, apparently.

Alpha_5.jpg

I bet this guy gets all the ladies.

• Like 1

Nah, I'm calling bullshit on that observation. It's just the type of poisonous nonsense spread about masculinity that the world could do without. 'Be or do X and women will like you'. Bollocks.

Not really.

I don't agree with the lad culture or what you described in your post above.

But the alpha thing is true. It's been abused and made into a dickish culture. But the principle behind it is pretty sound imo.

If the role exists in other species of ape and many other species of social animals, it would be strange if it didn't exist in humans.

And, obviously there are alpha females too.

It has to be said that it does seem to be observable in schools and in the workplace, where certain individuals are shown considerable deference by their cohorts.

Females are often referred to as 'queen bees' by school teachers.

I think the status of alpha male in humans requires far more attributes than just being a pussy magnet. 

I remember when this thread used to have stories about DHUTWU and the like.

You've changed, Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread. You've changed.

Yeah come on, more tales of love, lust and pussywhipped idiots please

• Like 1

I remember when this thread used to have stories about DHUTWU and the like.

You've changed, Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread. You've changed.

Yeah come on, more tales of love, lust and pussywhipped idiots please

I take it that was my friend? Made me laugh  :D

• Like 1

Â