Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

So I've been talking to this girl lately. We've been on a date and had a great time (nothing happened though).

Thing is, She said she's not looking for a relationship but she's OK with dating. I don't really know how to approach this, asked her to watch a film but she refused because she thinks its too intimate.

We still get along great though, so I'm fine with taking it slow, but I'm not sure whether this counts as taking it slow or if nothings happening... She also said she gets really nervous or dates so that's why she doesn't like them in general. When we're just chilling with other people around it's not bad though. We're both a member of the sme student association so we see eachother a lot anyway.

Any advice on how to carry on from here lads?

She's either being genuine, and she really does want to take it slow.

Or she likes you as a friend but doesn't want anything more.

The danger is whilst she's taking it slow with you, she'll meet someone else, go out with them and leave you holding your dick.

My advice is give it a few weeks. If things don't advance then ask her about it. If she is never going to want anything more then let her go. You'll only be hurting yourself. That nagging feeling of "maybe if we hang out a bit longer she'll eventually fancy me?!" is bullshit I'm afraid.

Give her some time, ask her if she wants to be "official" and if the answer is no, then tell her you can't just be friends.

Edited by Stevo985

Any advice on how to carry on from here lads?

Oh come on!!!! It starts with Do

Should have seen that coming to be fair.

Well, we're going for a coffee on thursday, so there's that. :)

Make sure you be 'Alpha' otherwise she won't like you...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I've an update with my friend with the girlfriend who'd been cheating on him etc.

He got a job offer over Christmas for a job in Limerick, he lives in Abbeydorney so you're talking 90min drive roughly in the mornings, as Adare is an absolute nightmare, traffic wise. Anyway the position is a trainee accountant, which is strange considering he's a decent masters in economics, but his dad does own an accounts practice so long term isn't the worst decision. He's had to move to Limerick obviously.

Now the girlfriend is currently doing some beauty therapy thing in a community college in Listowel and she wants to move there, but wait for this, her 3 year old kid goes to a play school in Tralee, which is owned by the father of the child's (not my friend) mother, so she gets that for free. She's currently looking for a house in Listowel but for the next 9 months would need to drop the child to Tralee ever morning (25mins Listowel to Tralee). 

She's currently looking for an affordable house in Listowel, not got anything yet, if they were to move there depending on the side it'd make my friends journey to Limerick about 50mins. However, in the mean time, while he's waiting for her to source somewhere to live, he's staying in a hotel close to work and paying €200 a week, he's wages are €17,500 a year, so after usc (tax) he'll be on about €330 a week. 

The girlfriend seems in no mad rush to sort a house as she doesn't want to add 25mins to her journey in the morning and he's left with just €130 a week to live on. I want to tell him cop on etc but when it comes to her it all just falls on deaf ears.

Well you may remember (but you probably wont) a while back my mate and his missus took pity on me and tried to hook me up with one of their mates via txt messaging.

I didn't go for it for a few reasons

1-Getting to know someone via txt is tiring

2-The bird was like Mother **** Teresa I'm telling you she was like a **** saint, that doesn't sit well with me, I'm an orrible bastard and it wouldn't take someone like that to realize it.

anyway my mate is at it again and has got another bird texting me, well this one is a single unemployed mother...and the txt's are actually flowing quite easily lol, I guess I know not to punch about my weight, I aint even seen this bird but me mate said she is alright.

Well you may remember (but you probably wont) a while back my mate and his missus took pity on me and tried to hook me up with one of their mates via txt messaging.

I didn't go for it for a few reasons

1-Getting to know someone via txt is tiring

2-The bird was like Mother **** Teresa I'm telling you she was like a **** saint, that doesn't sit well with me, I'm an orrible bastard and it wouldn't take someone like that to realize it.

anyway my mate is at it again and has got another bird texting me, well this one is a single unemployed mother...and the txt's are actually flowing quite easily lol, I guess I know not to punch about my weight, I aint even seen this bird but me mate said she is alright.

Text her up the wrong'un.

• Like 3

Is it wrong to judge a girl where she lives?

Meeting up with the 20 year old on Saturday, told her I'd pick her up from her house and asked for her address. Then google mapped the address in street view mode and my god, what a fecking shithole!!!! I'm pretty worried about parking my car there as it will get nicked haha.

Is it wrong to judge a girl where she lives?

Meeting up with the 20 year old on Saturday, told her I'd pick her up from her house and asked for her address. Then google mapped the address in street view mode and my god, what a fecking shithole!!!! I'm pretty worried about parking my car there as it will get nicked haha.

I bet it's James Turner Street.

• Like 1

Â