Euro 2012 Thread/Draw/TV Schedule

andykeenan

Don't particularly rate Jones as a defensive mid personally. It would be sensible to play 2 holding players, no doubt, but only one of these players needs to be in the destroyer mould. Would rather play someone like Milner in there.

I like the defense though and i'm even warming to the idea of playing Walcott, a player who i used to think was awfull.

Yeah I agree, I thought Walcott was really bad when everyone was raving about him, but he seems to have improved recently, and he scares defenders... although I'm not sure he'll have the room on the International stage, that he seems to get in the PL.

I must say, the Jones thing, was the last role I could fill, I was even tempted to say Barry - but frankly I would not cry a tear if he got injured beforehand and was ruled out.

In a couple of years, I'd see Rodwell there, but I do think Jones will be an automatic starter soon for England.

Oh and Subs:

1) GK??! Can we just protect Hart?

2) Richards

3) Cahill/Terry

4) Milner

5) A. Johnson

6) Crouch/Carroll (Plan B)

7) Sturridge

Okay that subs bench kinda sucks.

Yeah I agree, I thought Walcott was really bad when everyone was raving about him, but he seems to have improved recently, and he scares defenders... although I'm not sure he'll have the room on the International stage, that he seems to get in the PL.

I must say, the Jones thing, was the last role I could fill, I was even tempted to say Barry - but frankly I would not cry a tear if he got injured beforehand and was ruled out.

In a couple of years, I'd see Rodwell there, but I do think Jones will be an automatic starter soon for England.

Oh and Subs:

1) GK??! Can we just protect Hart?

2) Richards

3) Cahill/Terry

4) Milner

5) A. Johnson

6) Crouch/Carroll (Plan B)

7) Sturridge

Okay that subs bench kinda sucks.

I reckon Sturridge will take one of the wing roles by the end of the year, as long as he keeps his attitude in check. Otherwise I pretty much agree with your side. As you say, the midfield quandry is a tough one. In reality it's a berth that will probably be taken by Lampard or Gerrard.

It really is quite a weak squad when you look at it on paper.

Don't particularly rate Jones as a defensive mid personally. It would be sensible to play 2 holding players, no doubt, but only one of these players needs to be in the destroyer mould. Would rather play someone like Milner in there.

I like the defense though and i'm even warming to the idea of playing Walcott, a player who i used to think was awfull.

Not sure Capello views Jones as a defensive mid. I think he sees Jones as England's Bastian Schweinsteiger. A cultured defender placed in midfield to be more of a playmaker. I certainly think with Jones range of passing he could fill that role ok for England.

BBC & ITV EURO 2012 TV schedule

Group games

8 June: Poland v Greece (BBC), Russia v Czech Republic (ITV)

9 June: Netherlands v Denmark (BBC), Germany v Portugal (BBC)

10 June: Spain v Italy (ITV), Republic of Ireland v Croatia (ITV)

11 June: France v England (ITV), Ukraine v Sweden (BBC)

12 June: Greece v Czech Republic (ITV), Poland v Russia (ITV)

13 June: Denmark v Portugal (ITV), Netherlands v Germany (BBC)

14 June: Italy v Croatia (BBC), Spain v Republic of Ireland (ITV)

15 June: Ukraine v France (ITV), Sweden v England (BBC)16 June: Greece v Russia (BBC), Poland v Czech Republic (BBC)

17 June: Portugal v Netherlands (ITV), Denmark v Germany (ITV)

18 June: Croatia v Spain (BBC), Italy v Republic of Ireland (BBC)

19 June: Sweden v France (ITV), England v Ukraine (ITV)

Knock-out stages

Quarter-finals (21, 22, 23, 24 June) - BBC has first & fourth picks, ITV has second & third

Semi-finals (27 & 28 June) - BBC

Final (1 July) - BBC & ITV

• 4 months later...

Agreed.

Carrick should be in there with the right players around him, but the thought of Gerrard and Lampard as our central pairing saddens me.

Still think we should be trying to get Scholes to go.

If England plan on using Gerrard & Lamplard as the central pairing then they may aswell not bother going in the first place. I really hope for your sake and for my viewing pleasure's sake that they find a different solution.

Â