Euro 2012 Thread/Draw/TV Schedule

andykeenan

Euro 2012 draw Friday 2 December 4.45 BBC 2

Pot 1: Spain, Holland, Poland* and Ukraine*.

Pot 2: Germany, Italy, England and Russia.

Pot 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal and Sweden.

Pot 4: Denmark, France, Czech Republic and Republic of Ireland

as we have no expectation i dont care who we get. if we get Poland, England, Greece we could make the quarters.

But would like a challenge and we always up it in big games so Ireland, Portugal, Germany and Spain could be fun :D

tough groups for all the teams there - tis the advantage of the euros, rarely get a weak side in there, unless they're hosting and even then, im sure home support will make playing poland and ukraine a bit tougher.

Anyway,

would like spain england portugal and czech republic.

How are portugal in a lower pot then england when portugal did better in world cup 2010 and euro 2008. Strange, I would like to know the criteria used.

and 06, 04 and 00. its pretty ridiculous. Might be because they always go through the play-offs

England normally get a decent group, based on that we may end up with the worst possible outcome for a change!

I actually think we always get the horrible groups, aside from WC2010.

Euro2000, WC2002 and Euro2004 were just awful. Then in 2006 we still ended up with one of the better 2nd pot teams and better 3rd pot teams.

groups are always more tighter in Euros than a World Cup though could be different this time with 2 weak teams in Pot 1.

Look at 04 tournament for example and was 4 really tough groups and Spain, Germany and Italy all missed knockouts

• 3 weeks later...

If Ireland are in a group with any 2 or more of Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Russia or Portugal then I think we'll struggle big time to get out of the group. If we're in a group with just one of the above then I think we can grind out a glorious QF qualification.

we always seem to get easyish groups; then underestimate the teams that we're playing; struggle to get through and get knocked out before the semi's.

I'll actually relish having a tough group, maybe we'll start the tournament off how we should end it.

Â