Euro 2012 Thread/Draw/TV Schedule

andykeenan

no its not a silly argument because you cant say that belgium or turkey are a worse team than north korea or NZ, so the quality of the teams involved in the euros wont be going down just because 2/3 placed teams in europa will qualify, since the 2/3 place teams in europa often is much better than any teams from asia or oseania.

You're missing the point :(

Turkey, Serbia, Belgium, Switzerland, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Norway, Slovakia etc - these are not exactly weak countries.

yes they are. Turkey, montenegro were beaten convincingly by weak teams in playoffs , Serbia lost to Estonia to the palyoffs who Ireladn destroyed

Ireland are a weak team so let's make the Euros into an 8 team tournament again :|

That's a silly argument. The WC has over 200 countries attempting to qualify for it. Those who qualify are the top teams from their confederation. About 10% of the worlds countries get into a world cup finals. A 24 team Euros would have nearly 50% of Europe in it.

At Euro 2016, there are 23 places up for grabs.

Should help to increase sponsorship revenue which is UEFA's main aim.

no its not a silly argument because you cant say that belgium or turkey are a worse team than north korea or NZ, so the quality of the teams involved in the euros wont be going down just because 2/3 placed teams in europa will qualify, since the 2/3 place teams in europa often is much better than any teams from asia or oseania.

Point of order: New Zealand were the only team who didnt lose a game in the 2010 World Cup Finals.

I am running a Euros predictions competition, if anyone is interested please send me a PM. It costs £3 to enter with two thirds of that going to charity and the other pound going into the prize pot.

Not sure if I am allowed to advertise this here so mods please delete this if not.

Â