Euro 2012 Thread/Draw/TV Schedule

andykeenan

I don't know if it's just me, but the only thing that marrs my England supporting experience is the press and how quick they are to jump on backs. Why would you even bother trying if you are going to get lambasted for it either way? I don't know...

Anyway, I think the Irish amongst you are seriously underestimating the opponents in your group. Italy can certainly beat Spain on their day - you better hope their slow starter award shows itself here.

I'm quite looking forward to Summer 2012 personally - both Euro 2012 and this whole Team GB football team.

In regards to Euro 2012 -

Group A is a bit of a disappointment, and I won't take time out to watch the games.

Group B is a great group, I think one of the best games of the tournament will be Netherlands against Germany.

Group C is brilliant, and I will be supporting Ireland as well, hopefully Given and Dunne can do themselves proud.

Group D is the third worst group in my opinion for entertainment, England and France will be the ones everyone expects to go through. We always seem to get Sweden in these things, and I'd like for us to actually beat them for once.

Unfortunately I can't see Bent doing it in the championships, and without Rooney for the first 3 games, I do worry about our chances. But we will have a good squad, even if it will be lacking Villa players.

Mark my words this is a massively difficult group

France will play us off the park, Sweden is our possible point then Ukraine in Kiev, no chance.

Even if we make it through (which we won't) it's Spain or Italy in the QF

And why the **** did we not have a base option in Ukraine like Sweden ??

Because we didn't know what group we were going to be placed in? Pot luck. There's talk they might change it, if not it's what, 300-500 miles? It's the equivalent of Newcastle traveling to London.

As for the rest of your post, your football knowledge is remarkably poor. Ukraine are a decidedly average side. Home advantage they may have, but I would expect England to be able to beat them into submission when push comes to shove. Sweden we already know well and France at a major tournament? Who the hell knows which France will turn up.

England are, despite occasional media impressions, a decent side. They could, as shocking as you may find this, win the whole thing. 10/1 is about right. Capello has them set up to stiffle teams, something the Italians have done and won tournaments with decidedly average players in the past. World cup 2006 for example. I like Capello, I think England will go in to the tournament confident of improvement over 2010 and I think they will reach the semi final.

I think Spain are far far far removed from the side that dominated Euro 2008. Thought they had lady luck on their side two years ago and I think Germany will win.

Not sure it'll make a difference. I expected him to go anyway (which was right imo) and I'd expect us to get to the knockout stages regardless of if he was available for the groups or not, at which point he'd be available anyway.

Despite the disguisting lack of service to Darren Bent vs United, watching the two forwards, they are absolute worlds apart. Can play together though.

Would love to see Gabby given a go but it would be alongside someone like Rooney again or on the left in a 4-3-3.

I certainly wouldn't leave out our best player, Rooney. I think clearly there is a balance problem Gerrard and Lampard and I don't think we'll see Lampard play but there is a reason why likes of Rooney are picked, guarenteed every game, it's because they are the best players.

I think Rooney's international form is overplayed, absolutely shocking in the world cup for whatever reason but apart from that, he's always been okay for me. Less than 1 goal every 3 games and I imagine in those 70 odd caps, he's played off the striker for the majority.

If we are ever going to geniunally compete, we need players like Rooney and we need him to perform at his best and obviously to do that, he needs to play.

I don't think Gerrard will be going to Euro 2012, and I'm doubtful Frank will have a starting role.

My starting line up would be (Minus Rooney):

Hart

Walker - Jagielka - Lescott - Cole

Parker - Jones

Walcott - Wilshere - Young

Bent

All depending on injuries of course.

Â