Euro 2012 Thread/Draw/TV Schedule

andykeenan

We're the fly in the ointment in group C. Not because we're particularly brilliant; we're not; though we're useful. It's because we're bloody hard to play against and hard to beat. If someone draws or loses to us they're gone and it could be any of them :D I'm looking forward to us playing spoiler; and sure if we can spoil more than once then ya just never know :) Croatia aren't all that.

I just wanna say, commiserations to anyone going to Ukraine for the Euros. From the people I have spoke to it is an absolute shit hole of a country and is not fit to host a major sporting event. You thought South Africa was bad....... even the tourist areas are a hazard. It would of been better if England were in Poland, which in comparison is like paradise.

Recently i hitch hiked through poland into the Ukraine. Poland and the Ukraine are almost polar opposites. The Ukraine is awful, no one speaks english, the whole place is totally run down, it is really backwards. Hopefully it'll be better when the football starts but I'd be gutted if i had to play in the Ukraine rather than Poland.

3 of my friends did a East European tour in 2010 and they said similar things to what you said. Very run down and not developed. They said it felt like they were not in Europe. Buildings decaying, pot holes in roads, businesses boarded up, people suffering. Poland and Slovakia were much better in comparison.

I think the thing about not many speaking English is not a problem though. The fact of the matter is that it is not an English speaking country so why should they speak English.

They've put hotel rates up tenfold for the tournament. You can still get official tickets to England's games as the take up has been so poor.

It's possible. It can happen 2 ways. Either every game in the group is a draw and you all end up on 3pts. Or you'd need 2 of the others to lose to the 4th side and draw with each other meaning you end up with 3 in 2nd place behind the 4th team with 7pts and the others end up with 2pts a piece.

Could Ireland get through the group with 3 draws?

No.

New Zealand were the only team who were unbeaten at the 2010 World Cup.

But they didn't win a game either.

3 draws in the group stage was not enough for them to qualify for the Last 16.

My predictions. Remember in 2010 world cup when I corrected got 13 out of the 16 group progressions correct on here. So study what I have wrote and get yourself down the bookies.

Group A: Russia, Poland

Group B: Germany Holland

Group C: Spain Italy

Group D: France England

Group D is the hardest one to decide. Ukraine will be vey close to qualifying.

Impressive. You've managed to pick the favourite and the second favourite, in order to qualify from each group.

You're clearly quite the oracle.

My predictions. Remember in 2010 world cup when I corrected got 13 out of the 16 group progressions correct on here. So study what I have wrote and get yourself down the bookies.

Impressive. You've managed to pick the favourite and the second favourite, in order to qualify from each group.

check group a.

Could Ireland get through the group with 3 draws?

No.

New Zealand were the only team who were unbeaten at the 2010 World Cup.

But they didn't win a game either.

3 draws in the group stage was not enough for them to qualify for the Last 16.

Depends on the other results obviously. If all the matches are draws then it'd be down to goals scored.

check group a.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012

Russia 6/4

Poland 10/3

Czech Republic 4/1

Greece 9/2

Checked.

Damn it, Holland's first game is played on the same day and kicks off at the same time as England's first test against South Africa. I'll have to set two TVs up side by side!

That's not even a choice.

If you choose to watch cricket whilst there's a European Championship match on then you need to have a serious look at yourself.

Cricket is for pensioners, I'm talking about the Rugby! The new England vs the dirty Springboks!

And no, it's only against Denmark, the Germany match is the one after that.

The thing is, McLeish has rekindled my interest in Rugby and local football :|

Â