Euro 2012 Thread/Draw/TV Schedule

andykeenan

Talking of France they will be hosing the Euro again. That will be 3 times (1960, 1984, 2016) They have also hosted 2 world cups (1938, 1998).

I make that 5 tournaments they have hosted, yet England and Spain have only hosted 2, Spain (1964, 1982) England (1966, 1996). Absolute piss take.

Maybe we should bid for the Euros.

We aint exactly gonna be hosting the World Cup anytime soon...

And not a lot of European countries will be able to host a 24-team Euros.

Thoughts?

But countries can do joint bids. Spain, Croatia-Hungary (joint), Italy, Turkey and Czech Republic-Slovakia (joint) have all expressed an interest in the next bidding process. When you have 2 countries doing it, it is easy. I mean if Ukraine one of the poorest countries in Europe can host.........

I also think Scotland and Wales should do a joint Euro. It makes perfect sense.

Talking of France they will be hosing the Euro again. That will be 3 times (1960, 1984, 2016) They have also hosted 2 world cups (1938, 1998).

I make that 5 tournaments they have hosted, yet England and Spain have only hosted 2, Spain (1964, 1982) England (1966, 1996). Absolute piss take.

Maybe we should bid for the Euros.

We aint exactly gonna be hosting the World Cup anytime soon...

And not a lot of European countries will be able to host a 24-team Euros.

Thoughts?

But countries can do joint bids. Spain, Croatia-Hungary (joint), Italy, Turkey and Czech Republic-Slovakia (joint) have all expressed an interest in the next bidding process. When you have 2 countries doing it, it is easy. I mean if Ukraine one of the poorest countries in Europe can host.........

I also think Scotland and Wales should do a joint Euro. It makes perfect sense.

True but you'd think UEFA would prefer to have one host nation rather than two.

Also Scotland and Wales don't share a border so there is no point unless England are involved.

To get from Cardiff to Glasgow, you have to pass Bristol, Birmingham, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool and Manchester on the way.

Any one know how I'd go about getting a ticket at this stage? Looking for a ticket for any group game really. Is anyone from here going over? Where are you staying?

rue but you'd think UEFA would prefer to have one host nation rather than two.

Also Scotland and Wales don't share a border so there is no point unless England are involved.

To get from Cardiff to Glasgow, you have to pass Bristol, Birmingham, Stoke-on-Trent, Liverpool and Manchester on the way.

still be a lot closer than going from cities in Poland to Ukraine ;)

I'm going to Kiev for 5 days and doing the Sweden match. Had our pants pulled down on accommodation though, 90 euro a night for a bed in a dorm! Literally all we could find, some of the hotels were like 600 a night and miles out the centre.

Should be fun though, weather should be decent.. decent vodka and hot eastern european girls everywhere!

• 3 weeks later...

Few training squads being announced, so thought I'd revive the thread!

Ireland:

Given, Westwood, Forde.

Dunne, O'Shea, St.Ledger, O'Dea, Ward, Kelly, Foley.

Whelan, Gibson, Andrews, Fahey.

Duff, McGeady, McClean, Hunt.

Keane, Doyle, Long, Cox, Walters.

Standby: Randolph, McShane, Green, Coleman, Keogh.

Note that Clark hasn't made the squad ahead of St.Ledger or O'Dea, or even the standby list ahead of McShane!

Germany's 27 man squad...

Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen), Ron Robert Zieler (Hannover), Marc-André ter Stegen (Borussia Mönchengladbach);

Holger Badstuber, Jérôme Boateng, Philipp Lahm (all Bayern Munich), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer (both Borussia Dortmund), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal);

Sven Bender, Mario Götze, Ilkay Gundogan (all Borussia Dortmund), Lars Bender, Andre Schürrle (both Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Schalke), Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Bastian Schweinsteiger (all Bayern Munich), Sami Khedira, Mesut Ozil (both Real Madrid), Marco Reus (Borussia Monchengladbach);

Lukas Podolski (Cologne), Cacau (Stuttgart), Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich), Miroslav Klose (Lazio).

Holland have named a 36 man training squad!

Maarten Stekelenburg (Roma), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Michel Vorm (Swansea City), Erwin Mulder (Feyenoord), Jasper Cillissen (Ajax);

Vurnon Anita (Ajax), Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), Wilfred Bouma (PSV), Urby Emanuelson (Milan), John Heitinga (Everton), Hedwiges Maduro (Valencia) Joris Mathijsen (Malaga), Erik Pieters (PSV), Nick Viergever (AZ), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax), Jetro Willems (PSV);

Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona), Mark van Bommel (Milan), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Adam Maher (AZ), Stijn Schaars (Sporting), Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale), Kevin Strootman (PSV), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV);

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke), Ola John, Luuk de Jong (both Twente), Siem de Jong (Ajax), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Jeremain Lens (PSV), Luciano Narsingh (Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich).

Note that Clark hasn't made the squad ahead of St.Ledger or O'Dea, or even the standby list ahead of McShane!

hasnt really deserve a spot in fairness. St.Ledger and o'Dea were very good in qualifying games and McShame has been around squad for years

I wish I had a big Euro 2012 wall chart like the one I had for the 1998 World Cup. Not one of those poorly printed pull outs from a newspaper but a proper wall chart.

hasnt really deserve a spot in fairness. St.Ledger and o'Dea were very good in qualifying games and McShame has been around squad for years

Not saying he deserves a spot. Just an interesting neutral opinion on one of our 'promising youngsters'. O'Dea has been **** awful for Leeds this season though. They really hate him up there. I know McShane's been around for ages. But he's still awful? You'd think if Trap rated Clark at all he'd have at least made the standby list.

Sagna out of the Euros.

I didnt even know he was French, thought he was Senegalese :oops:

His cousin is the Senegalese international Ibrahima Sonko, so we'll let you off...... just about :winkold:

Edit: Just checked and Sonko's only had 4 caps for Senegal! Forgiveness withdrawn.

Â