plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

You'd have thought the Indian's would have knocked them into shape
Yeah. Imagine my surprise when it turns out the Indians actually used a bit of sticky tape and some twine.

I'm making a stupidly hot curry this evening, I'm hoping it will turn out well (I'm not so sure as my curries are normally awesome but I've already started on the Tesco Finest Oak Matured Still Cider).

Other than that, I'm giving the flat a little bit of a spring clean as my houseguest will be coming for a month again next week.

Rock n Roll.

if I am in any fit state when I get home tonight its gunna be a

chicken madrass, extra chillies, boiled egg, and a touch of sag

naan bread

pilau rice

chicken tikka starter

chapati

that should leave me with enough for breakfast as well

Recipe please.

Always nice to see how others have a go at a home cuzza.

It's not even worthy of being called a recipe to be honest, I just mix a load of cheap lamb mince with garam masala and ground coriander leaves, roll them into large balls, fry 'em and then cook them in a Sharwoods Jalfrezi sauce. Basically one step up from a microwave meal. :oops:

Gym and badminton session tonight, then home to make a lamb meatball Jalfrezi.

Recipe please.

Always nice to see how others have a go at a home cuzza.

Search for "curry AND recipe". There are threads on it if you're interested.

Well my recipe which usually turns out to be a stonking curry is as follows:

(I haven't included timings as it's a bit of tasting this, bit of tasting that..). It isn't really "traditional" either :)

-lightly fry 3 garlics, chopped with a smidgen of low fat butter (I say smidgen, more like half a small block)

-when golden brown, add in chopped onions

-when onions are nicely golden it's time for the fun part: add in chopped ginger, chopped fiery hot chilli, bit of cayenne pepper, tumeric, cinnamon (teeny tiny amount), roasted cumin, dab of mustard, big splash of curry powder.

-give a good few minutes before adding chopped tomatoes, potatoes and meat of your choice (I prefer it on the bone)

- give it a good stir and let it bubble away for a good while

- check juices - I usually add in some water with some oxo cubes

-let it bubble away and add in anything extra you want (I go for carrot, aubergine, mushrooms and whatever else I've got lying around)

- let it bubble and suck up the awesome smell

- let it bubble away and give it a taste

- not hot enough, add in more curry powder

- do not forget to add salt!

EDIT: Oh, and bear in mind that I usually make a huge pot of the stuff!

Tonight I will do very little, probably spark up the 360 and listen to some podcasts I need to catch up with, and the food will be about the only thing that can get cooked in this house without issue, which will be bacon sarnies (we've already had a fry-up this week).

Tomorrow, off to work, then sod all... I'm thinking about seeing anyone is free to do something on the night because...

...I have Sunday off for the first time in months.

Shit, as usual.

I have never got the things with podcasts, what do you actually listen to? I have tried them before but never ever found one that I would think ''yeah i'll listen to that every week''

I download Frank Skinners, Dave Gormans and Rhod Gilberts, religiously. I listen to them on the way to work on the mornings, I can't listen to music first thing for some reason.

There's a whole thread for them in here somewhere.

My weekly ones are

"the complete guide to everything"

"Football Weekly"

"The football ramble"

"The Tuesday Club" (It's an arsenal podcast, but it's hilarious, so sue me)

but there's dozens of others that I dip in and out of

1 o'clock finish for us JLR guys on a Friday.

Jeez, old habits die hard eh? British car industry. Pfff :P

You'd have thought the Indian's would have knocked them into shape

Actually it's Ze Germans that are knocking us into shape on that particular issue.

And they've handled it **** terribly.

I have never got the things with podcasts, what do you actually listen to? I have tried them before but never ever found one that I would think ''yeah i'll listen to that every week''

If you like films then grab the mayo and kermode one, at first it will seem long winded but it grows on you big time.

Â