The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Manure - based on the fact that they are reigning Champions - almost certainly

Liverplop - based on today's performance against Citeh - quite probably

Arsehole - based on the fact that they play football and have started to get back to normal - quite probably

Chelski - based on the fact that AVB needs to otherwise the prawn sandwich brigade will be after blood - probably

Man Utd - one of worst United teams in my lifetime

Arsenal- 1 man team at moment if RVP rested or out we can get a result

Liverpool- similar to Arsenal a 1 man team

Chelsea - an old team in crisis.

we have already played the 2 best teams in the league away and i guarantee we wont get 4 hidings in these games

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have already played the 2 best teams in the league away and i guarantee we wont get 4 hidings in these games

I assume you mean Man City, where we got annihilated. The other is? Spurs maybe? A game that's still 'fairly' fresh in my memory. I don't recall it going all that well as it happens.

We could get a hiding in all four games. We will probably sneak a point or two, a win would be absolutely astonishing. We have fallen a long, long way.

I'm intrigued by your guarantee.

He needed a very good start if he was going to earn any grace/favour from many Villa fans and he hasn't had it.

In my 30+years following Villa I saw the worst reaction I'd witnessed towards a villa manager at full time against Wolves at VP last season. I can see a similar fate awaiting McLeish with in the next couple of months if results go as expected.

The board really havent helped themselves at all in this whole saga. Appointing a manager that nobody wanted in the first place will make it very very easy for the fans to turn their back on him. And it will happen, and it will happen soon.

I have a feeling had AMC been managing us last year, we would have been in the exact same situation as we were with GH. All teams from top to bottom were taking points off each other, and it was so tight. This year just isn't the same and I think AMC has been quite fortunate for that so far.

Tough December ahead though.

Now the tough circumstances of today are the reason for our draw.

I was wondering how long it would be until that excuse was rolled out.

its not really an excuse is it. some of the players knew him and if you see some of your friends upset about something its goign to have an effect. also the fact the crowd seemed very down from the news as well probably didnt help the players

Surely when you play a negative, defensive, football with players that have squared feet like Hutton, Dunne and Collins in defence and Emile Heskey in the middle of the park you can't exepct that fans are in high spirits.

But I remain optimist and confident as I think that we could play an entertaining, positive, flowing, attacking football with this XI eleven:

Given

Herd - Clarke - Cuellar - Warnock

Albrighton - Petrov/Jenas - Bannan -N'Zogbia

Bent - Agbonlahor

I'd even put Albrighton instead of N'zogbia, as he will actually put crosses into the box and can't be that much more crap than N'Zogbia. The guy thinks it's imperative to try to beat 3 men at a time before passing the ball. Frustrating.

---------------------Bent---------------------

---Agbonlahor-----------------Albrighton---

--------------Jenas------Bannan-------------

---------------------Herd----------------------

--Warnock---Clarke----Dunne-----Lichaj---

--------------------Given-----------------------

its not really an excuse is it. some of the players knew him and if you see some of your friends upset about something its goign to have an effect. also the fact the crowd seemed very down from the news as well probably didnt help the players

What a crock of shit.

Is that all you have up your sleeve to justify that abysmal performance?

Given

Herd Cuellar Dunne Warnock

Petrov Jenas Bannan

N'Zogbia Bent Gabby.

Makes sense to me :(

This management thing is easy isn't it. Pick form players and put them in positions they can be effective.

I wouldn't have an issue with Hutton in RB and Herd rotating with the other 3 in the midfield positions depending on the game.

What a crock of shit.

Slaying those apparent McLeish-defenders one by one. Someone's gotta do the dirty work.

What a crock of shit.

Slaying those apparent McLeish-defenders one by one. Someone's gotta do the dirty work.

Its one excuse after another. There will always be those that make excuses for others and in some cases, with justification but lets put this in perspective shall we............

McLeish has an average managerial record at best and his teams playing style has always been more aligned with "parking the bus". This was never going to suit the demands of the fans at VP even if they could manage to overcome the initial hatred of him arriving from our local rivals.

The board wanted to focus on developing our succesful youth and reserve team prospects and integrating them into our first team squad rather than spend as excessively as they did under previous regimes. McLeish new this when he took the job despite having no previous notable success in this particular area.

The board also wanted to slash the current wage bill and bring outgoings more into line with income, a common sense process that will ensure the club is on a stable financial footing moving forward. Again, McLeish knew this when he took the job.

Finally, the club wanted a manager who was willing to operate on limited funds and build a team that was capable of premier league stability as a a given, but with aspirations to make the European places. McLeish knew this too and despite limited experience in this area (being kind) thought he could deliver.

I guess my point here is McLeish knew what he was stepping into and therefore he made his won bloody bed.

He isnt daft and must be laughing at the situation he finds himself in, namely a liferaft to another premier league club from his relegation nightmare. Not only that, the said club was stupid enough to offer him a lengthy contract and a double your money pay deal.

This was what swayed his decision, he is in a win win situation and I cannot believe that PF or RL offered him this, it smacks of stupidity.

Can he do the job, NO.

Is he on a shitload of cash success or not. YES

Does it matter what he achieves. NO

Do I give a monkeys to those who seem oblivious to these facts and therefore trot out one lame excuse after another..............NO

Do I give a monkeys to those who seem oblivious to these facts and therefore trot out one lame excuse after another..............NO

Surely you do, as you spend the vast majority of your posts valiantly rebutting said people. You're like the opposite side of the coin to makouns_grin.

Â