The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

This is the man manging our club:

"We started well, both halves, we went right at Spurs and had a couple of chances," he told Sky Sports.

"But we didn't retain the ball well enough, we didn't pass it well enough and the goals we lost were calamitous - we've got to defend better than that.

"We did have one or two opportunities - Gabby (Agbonlahor) had a wee chance in the second half and Parker made a great tackle.

"But they were different class, they've got great players, their speed, their athleticism - with that 11 they can be a match for anyone."

3 shots on target 29% posession and we "went right at them"

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not defending the shite witnessed tonight but some of you must be potheads with your short-term memory loss. These abject performances are nothing new

Its only noticed when we play top teams ;)

thing is we has 2 good chances at 0-0 from Heskey and Bent and if they go in its a different game

What is the lowest percentage of possession in a football match ever?! We must have been close today! We're not poor, we're awful and I've have much more respect for the guy if he just said "this is not acceptable" and dropped a number of players. Any manager who plays Heskey as a midfielder needs sacking immediately - anyone who plays Heskey at all needs a good talking too.

However, as someone mentioned before, replace the name Heskey with Hutton in that above statement and you're still not far off! Hutton is probably creeping ahead of Heskey in my desire to see leave - least Heskey has scored a goal or so, Hutton does NOTHING right whatsoever.

McLeish needs to go but Randy doesn't have the balls to sack anyone: MON walked after he let him squander clearly tight resources, he waited for Houllier to leave after later admitting the dressing room shouldn't have been how it was and he'll wait til AM resigns after relegating us. He doesn't have a clue how to run the football side at all - good businessman maybe, but rubbish hirer/ firer.

Should leave before end of season list:

1) Heskey

2) Hutton (quickly going for number one spot)

3) McLeish

4) Beye

5) Lerner (lacks knowledge/ resources - where is Downing's replacement?)

Most likely to leave before end of Season list:

1) Bent

2) Gabby

3) Bannan

4) Abrighton

5) Cuellar

This season will be our worst ever in the Premiership I guess - points wise, but are there enough worse teams to save us?!

The only decent performance tonight from anyone at the Villa was those brave men standing in the away end singing their hearts out for the whole game inspite of the utter farce presented by their beloved team on the pitch. Good on you lads you deserve a medal and I wish RL, AM and the team could show 1% of the passion and love for the club.

AM should never have been appointed, we need to get rid ASAP (and pay out ANOTHER load of compo) and put in place a manager who is not a porridge eating surrender monkey!!!

I really want to know if McLeish is coaching our players to pass the ball or if he is advocating that they play hoof ball. All we do is try and get rid of the ball as quick as possible and hope Gabby can run onto it. He says we didn't retain the ball well enough - does he want us too? All I have seen is Collins whacking the **** out of the ball every time it comes near him.

If McLeish were manager of Arsenal or Man Utd would he use these dour tactics? I just can't believe he wants us to play like we are as it is was such a joke tonight.

Herd to RB, Cuellar in for Collins and Clark in for Warnock at LB. That'd be a good start to shoring up our D. Albrighton or Nzog MUST be in the starting XI, otherwise we will have 0 width and 0 dribbling threat. Heskey should come off the bench for Gabby or Bent, not start. Petrov + Jenas + Bannan/Delph as the other 3 midfielders.

Shit shit shit. What the **** was all that about? We have the capability to have a go at these teams. We seem to do it against the lesser teams but for some reason McLeish just sets the team up to lose 1-0 against the better teams away from home.

Had the misfortune of sitting with the Spurs fans tonight and endured one of the most humiliating 92 minutes of my time following AVFC. Could have easily been 6-0. Spurs couldn't believe how bad we were/are and many were saying we deserve to go down. Taking my claret and blue specs off I couldn't disagree- we were abysmal and there is absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel! Whilst AM is clearly lacking as a Manager, only Lerner is too blame for this pitiful state of play IMHO

Whilst AM is clearly lacking as a Manager, only Lerner is too blame for this pitiful state of play IMHO
What? They're all to blame - the owner, the players and the manager. I don't really see how this is entirely one party's fault.

Had the misfortune of sitting with the Spurs fans tonight and endured one of the most humiliating 92 minutes of my time following AVFC. Could have easily been 6-0. Spurs couldn't believe how bad we were/are and many were saying we deserve to go down. Taking my claret and blue specs off I couldn't disagree- we were abysmal and there is absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel! Whilst AM is clearly lacking as a Manager, only Lerner is too blame for this pitiful state of play IMHO

It's a disgrace isn't it? I don't mind losing if the team gives it a go but to have given up even before he parked up the bus. This defeatist attitude is not the club I love.

Mr Lerner you have a lot to answer for, firstly you give us the Scouse love in last year now that is equalled by a diabolical gutless showing at WHL.

Remember one thing Randy, these are the types of things that are remember in your beloved history books. Gutless, cowardly ownership!

Whilst AM is clearly lacking as a Manager, only Lerner is too blame for this pitiful state of play IMHO
What? They're all to blame - the owner, the players and the manager. I don't really see how this is entirely one party's fault.

Lerner employed AM. From that point on we were f****d.

One of the, if not the worst performance I've seen from a Villa side in so many a year. Absolute disgrace made worse by the fact we had only really had one player out, Jenas. (Owned by Spurs)

We aren't brilliant anymore, heck I wouldn't expect a result at Spurs but the fact we got so out played, out classed and beaten so comfortably WITHOUT ever getting out of 2nd gear is a disgrace. The last 20 minutes, you'd at least expect some sort of spell for 5-10 minutes where put pressure on the opposition and cause problems but nothing.

I'd have much rather have been beat 4-0 if at least we'd have thrown players forward and been done on the break by extra quality of Spurs.

We settled for a 0-2 loss, never accept that, not with the team and squad we have.

Rather than post the usual "McLeish Out!" type response we have seen here, I'm wondering exactly what can we do to fix the situation. Note that I'm asking, not providing answers.

The problems we are seeing this season are simply a carry over from what we have been seeing for the last 4 years. While we have lost some of our better players, the fact remains that our performances haven't been improving and our problem areas (read: Defense) remain problems.

I honestly think a lot of that is down to the players we have at the club - players that McLeish didn't choose but was lumped with.

So what can we do about it? While I (strongly) agree that McLeish is a limited manager, would any other realistic choice as manager be able to get the most out of this lot? If McLeish gets the axe, doesn't that just let our players off the hook? And, as dire as he may be, doesn't McLeish deserve at least a full year in charge to get things right?

As for Lerner - he backed MON to the hilt, the game changed with Man City money, the world is in debt and he got his fingers burnt. He looked for a manager that can keep us solid after a tumultuous season last season.

But he's no football expert and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it. He's just the owner. He would have gotten advice on who to hire as manager from somewhere else. So does he admit he made a mistake and sign a new manager? Is there realistically another owner who will stump up a huge amount of cash to take over? Should he be looking to leave or to knuckle down?

Â