The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do hate this missguided notion that all managers should be given time.

Sooo say Lambert does become our manager next season and then come xmas we're in the bottom half of the table.

Get the pitchforks out?

Sooo say McLeish is still our manage next season and then come April we're still in a relegation battle.

What will the excuse be then? Give him until Christmas 2013?

He's a much much better tactician and sets his teams out to beat the opposition, not to stop the opposition like McLeish.

I could have swore we beat Norwich earlier this season

I could have swore Norwich were 8 points ahead of us with 3 more wins, despite having an inferior squad and less money.

Sooo say Lambert does become our manager next season and then come xmas we're in the bottom half of the table.

Get the pitchforks out?

You have to take the whole thing in the round

1. Direction of club

2. The football we play

3. The philosophy he employs

4. The "gut feel" ( I know this is not objective )

5. His style of management and message he gives

These are just some of the tings to account for rather than just what you are suggesting

1. Direction of club

2. The football we play

These are just some of the tings to account for rather than just what you are suggesting

+

i agree. lambert with poorer players at least attempts to try win the game. the football is good and they have a never die attitude. lambert would be welcomed here and i believe he would be a magnificent manager for us if we can tempt him here.

my 100% choice to replace that loser mcleish

I wish i could believe that Lambert would be given a fair crack at it here but i just know that if he doesnt hit the ground running there will be people on here calling for his head and making up silly names for him.
You don't seem to understand why fans have been calling for McLeish's head. You just can't seem to grasp how shit a job he has done.

despite having an inferior squad and less money

You really should have that as your sig Mantis. It gets trotted out at least once a day

Truth hurts does it?

Whilst I'd have either Lambert or Rodgers here in a flash right now, arguably they are simply this season's Phil Brown, Steve Coppell, Aidy Boothroyd, Paul Jewell, etc. who have all been similarly flavour of the month for bringing teams up and having good first seasons, with big wins against top opposition. The trick is the second season, where only Tony Pulis, or perhaps Sam Allardyce seems to have come through and established a mid-table PL side.

Get the pitchforks out?

1. Direction of club

2. The football we play

This is basically what I was going to say.

You have to consider what the future holds.

With McLeish it only looks bleak.

If Lambert was in exactly the same position then yes his position would have to be considered.

I would bet my house that he'd be better off though.

When Birmingham gained promotion under McLeish they still only scored 54 goals in a 46 game season. Is he likely to change his ethos and be more willing to play on the front foot against teams? Is he bollocks.

Under Lambert last year Norwich scored 83 goals. Now tell me, who would have had the more resources in that division? The team relegated from the Premier League in their previous season or the team back on it's way up after a dark few years?

Also, throw into the mix that Lambert got the Norwich job a week after his Colchester side beat Norwich 7-1, and you've got a man who has done his management 'apprenticeship' and is ready to be taken by an established Premier League club. We need to be that club.

If Lambert was in exactly the same position then yes his position would have to be considered.

Im sorry but id still have the same opinion that he would need more time. One season isnt enough!!

That's fair enough, as Lambert's record is considerably better than McLeish's and his teams don't play dour, negative football.

Im sorry but id still have the same opinion that he would need more time. One season isnt enough!!

And I have the same opinion that you'd have to consider all the factors. And if you did that you would see that for McLeish it points to little or no improvement in the future.

Does the team seem happy under him? No

Do the squad seem motivated? No

Does it look like he's trying to bed in a style of football that will work given time? No

Are there extenuating circumstances to justify poor performance? No, not really .Injuries I suppose but problems were visible before then.

Does he have the fans' backing? No

etc etc

Â