The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

And I have the same opinion that you'd have to consider all the factors. And if you did that you would see that for McLeish it points to little or no improvement in the future.

Like i said, in my opinion 1 season isnt enough. The first season should be about getting to know your squad, then get some players in the summer to adress the problems within the squad, then have a proper go once youve had a chance to put your own stamp on the team. Wether that be McLeish, Lambert, Villas boas or mike **** Bassett - the same principle applies

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. ANY manager needs time to assess things properly and put plans in motion to make improvements. I wish it was just as easy as coming in and waving a magic wand and getting instant results but we all know deep down that isnt the case

I'm not sure about anyone else, but it is coming across more and more from McLeish and a certain radio presenter that the reason we are in this position is down to the fact that the squad are not good enough.

"The fans do not like him because he came from Birmingham."

"Villa sold Young and Downing - what else do you expect?"

"The ball doesn't stick up front unless Heskey is on the pitch - that is why the midfield sit so deep."

"Arsenal are an elite club - we don't expect to come here and win."

Please....

These are some of the quotes I am hearing and reading.

I wasn't aware of his reputation in Scotland. All I knew was that he got SHA relegated twice with the team he had built over 2-3 years. Once I delved into forums of his previous clubs I quickly came to the conclusion that he has forced his brand of anti-football on every single club he has managed and fans were often glad to see the back of him.

Yes. ANY manager needs time to assess things properly and put plans in motion to make improvements. I wish it was just as easy as coming in and waving a magic wand and getting instant results but we all know deep down that isnt the case
That's just mad. Giving every single manager two years regardless of performances and results is a recipe for relegation.

So your basic position is that any manager should no matter what happens get 2 entire seasons before being judged on their performance?

Sorry to repeat the question but I just want to get it crystal clear exactly what your position is here.

Say McLeish got us relegated, he would still deserve a 2nd year before being judged.

Terry Conor at Wolves he shouldn't be judged until he has been in the job 2 years.

Is this what you are saying?

So based on that principle every manager should be given two years regardless of performance?

This……..his appointment was a mistake on so many levels – no need to make another one by not sacking him at the end of the season.

Ive said on here before, id love Lambert as our manager.

Just dont starting moaning like a bunch of bitches if he doesnt get us instant success. Give him some time.

You still don't seem to understand why people are moaning about McLeish.

I think i get the jist of it Mantis.

Now please, leave me alone. Youre giving my arse a headache.

I don't think you do. You seem to think it's because he's not been an instant success but in actual fact it's because we're in a relegation battle and are playing some of the most horrible negative football ever witnessed at VP.

If anything McLeish's past indicates that he gets results out of the squads he's inherited, and once he builds his own squad over a few seasons things tend to go pear-shaped.

Well he has surpassed himself this time. Things have gone 'Pear Shaped' already!

Mon took us from a team beaten easily to one of the last unbeaten teams in the country instantly.

Sunderland were 17th when he took over them.

Redknapp improved spurs instantly.

Di Matteo has improved Chelsea instantly.

Â