The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

where was the emphasis in those comments? was it "arsenal are an elite club, we cant EXPECT to beat them" or "arsenal are an elite club, we cant expect to beat THEM"? because they're 2 very different things

Whilst I can understand exactly the areas of the comment your trying to emphasize to prove that it might not be all that bad of a comment....

The simple fact of the matter is.

He should never. ever. say anything like that. Ever.

Mcleish never went to the Emirates on saturday 24th March to win. He didnt. He knows it. The arsenal fans I know who went to the game know it. And worst of all. Our fans have come to expect it.

Ive also heard rumours of a bust up with Given in the dressing room after the game after Given started mouthing off at him whilst on the pitch. Id bet my bottom dollar on it being due to the negative tactics he has to endure in front of him.

Look at Gabby. He doesnt want to be at the club. He looks disinterested. Players are on twitter telling the world its 'the only time in there life they aint enjoyed playing football'. You have players shouting at the bench at disbelief over tactics and substitutions. You have dwindling attendances. People boycotting games. Fans arguing amongst themselves in the stands.

This man is killing our club. Every week that goes by sets us back 2 in the long run. He is a cancer and sacking him is the only cure. Lets just hope by the time it happens, it hasnt spread too much...because if he has time to instill his tactics into a team that he buys, we could be complete relegation fodder for a manager who comes in.

We have class players at this club. Ok, not many, but we have a few. We have a forward line (potentially of)

--------------Bent-----------------

Gabby-----Ireland-------Nzogbia

That is a very good front 4. Its not a front 4 that will win us the league but its one that can compete. Bent was isolated every week he played. Ireland argues with Mcleish whilst on the pitch. N'zogbia is....somewhere and Gabby looks disinterested...something I havent seen in him before.

I have had a season ticket for 15 years. I didnt renew this season. Whilst some see it as a sin, I did so because I couldnt stand the fact we went out and got a shite manager from Birmingham City. Maybe a righteous man would/should have given him time, but I wasnt willing too...I knew exactly what he would bring and deep down, most villa fans did too.

Our chairman didnt.

Will he be sacked in the summer. My heart says yes, but my head says no. It will however, be interesting to see how Lerner takes the monumental drop in revenue from season tickets, merchandise and the general villa brand. This might actually equate to more than the cost of sacking Mcleish and if this is the case we may get lucky and see him removed.

AVFC is in a dire dire situation. The worst Ive seen it certainly in my lifetime. I hear people talking about the days of Mcneill and Venglos as dark days so I cant really compare..but i know from my perspective it has become my worst nightmare playing out in front of me.

Please, please get this loser as far away from my club as possible.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of hatred towards McLeish. Personally I don't think he deserves any of it. He has basically done pretty much exactly what we all expected when he joined, ie been a complete disaster... shit results, shit football, shit excuses. But that's what he does. We all knew it. Not his fault. Sadly, he's doing his best.

Randy on the other hand is 100% to blame for the current mess, and as far as I'm concerned is an absolute arse of the highest order for even thinking about giving the job to McLeish. Sell the **** club or appoint someone who knows football to run it for you.

If he said we can't expect anything against Arsenal then the word removed better get on the phone to the FA and ask them to cancel the games against Chelsea, United and Spurs. Why should we bother turning up!? We might as well have those weeks off because we probably shouldn't be expected to get anything from those games either! Twunt!

What does he mean "cant expect anything against Arsenal ?

The way he manages the team we cant expect anything from Wigan,Blackburn,Bolton,Stoke etc etc etc.

In fact I will be surprised if we can get a win against Notts Co or Walsall in the pre season.

Not sure if it has mentioned already, but i was listening to BRMB before the game and Tom Ross interviewed him and he said something like. We can not go to Arsenal and play that would be sucide the only team that could do that is Swansea. Then this is what i find hard to take. He says "Why dont we play like swansea then, well we dont have the type of players swansea have." or something to that affect. I am not sure what the Swansea team cost or what the wages are, but what we spent in the summer should almost cover it. How would Ireland, Bannan etc feel hearing that that are not good enough to try and play. The truth is he does not have a clue how the set up to play.

That's a load of bollocks as well.

Its nothing to do with the players that Swansea have.As far as I am concerned Mc Dipstick could manage Man U,Man C or even Barcelona but under his management they would be fighting relegation.

Alex McLeish feels Jermaine Jenas' absence has been a major reason for Aston Villa's troubles this season.

The midfielder was ruled out for the rest of the campaign after undergoing surgery on his left Achilles tendon in December.

Jenas is now back at parent club Tottenham and McLeish feels Villa just don't have the players in their squad to cover for his departure.

"We have probably lacked a guy who can take the ball in midfield and pass it this season," the Villa boss said following the 3-0 defeat at Arsenal.

"We've got more dynamic players and a young player in Chris Herd who's learning his trade.

"The loss of Jermaine Jenas at the start of the season was a big one.

"I recognised at the start of the season that we needed a player who could create from the centre so that has been a bit of a loss for us.

"We've still got a few more points then some teams below and we've got to try to get further up the table."

The guy is a **** idiot, it really is that simple.

He is just desperate to deflect any blame from himself any way he can and this idiotic example is yet more proof of this, his desire to protect himself really can't be helping his relationship with his players.

Dead man walking, just depends how long the idiots above him allow him to walk.

Alex McLeish feels Jermaine Jenas' absence has been a major reason for Aston Villa's troubles this season.

The midfielder was ruled out for the rest of the campaign after undergoing surgery on his left Achilles tendon in December.

Jenas is now back at parent club Tottenham and McLeish feels Villa just don't have the players in their squad to cover for his departure.

"We have probably lacked a guy who can take the ball in midfield and pass it this season," the Villa boss said following the 3-0 defeat at Arsenal.

"We've got more dynamic players and a young player in Chris Herd who's learning his trade.

"I recognised at the start of the season that we needed a player who could create from the centre so that has been a bit of a loss for us.

"We've still got a few more points then some teams below and we've got to try to get further up the table."

That is totally laughable! If you are planning for a whole season you don't loan someone with Jenas's injury record. Guess we could have tried for someone in January if it weren't for the fact we were still paying for Jenas, yet another **** up by our clueless club officials! I bet Redknapp couldn't believe what he was hearing when Villa offered that deal.

Trent is right. Bannan and Ireland can't read comments like that and be happy, I know I wouldn't be happy with that. The guy really is useless.

I bet he gave the same excuse to Randy/Faulkner and they probably accepted it.

"We have probably lacked a guy who can take the ball in midfield and pass it this season

That's an insult to Bannan, Ireland etc

Laughable

Yes McLeish our season has been so rubbish because the broken spurs reject we had on loan is injured

Maybe if you gave Makoun a run he may have beared fruit? I hear he can pass the ball oh wait....

I've tried not to jump on the hatewagon too readily, but holy ****, the absence of Jermaine Jenas hasn't been anyone's problem since grade school. That reeks of desperation to me.

All of our midfielders are more than capable of keeping the ball and passing it reasonably well, they just haven't been allowed to do so, as, on the occasion the ball hasn't been lumped over their heads and/or given straight back to the opposition by the likes of Collins, the strikers and wingers haven't been allowed to attack freely, and aren't being coached to even move, from the looks of things. Not much one can do when the entire team is standing around in our own half.

Since MON arrived we have only lost to Chelsea once at home. Another record McLiesh can end. Eh, let's be realistic! It's Chelsea after all.

Regardless if we finish 10th or 17th I wonder if he will take part in the end of season 'lap of honour'? Or would he face too much abuse.

I have tried and tried to not immediately slag Eck off but it is really difficult to do.

My biggest gripe amongst many is that he seems to think we are incapable of getting a result against about half the teams in the league. Then we are in such bad form with so much pressure on getting results in the other games sometimes/often it doesn't happen.

Eck for me is a bit like the signing of Heskey - you know it aint going to turn out well but you just have to sit and watch the fat arse for the remainder of his contract. Maybe Utd will take him as Sir Alex's successor after all he is the obvious choice.

Our squad club is in a broadly equivalent situation to Everton but do you think they ever go into a game against the big boys thinking they cant get a result. Obviously Moyes is a much better manager but you dont have to be Mourinho to at least get your team to have a go.

Whoah, wtf...absolutely astonishing. Do Barry Bannan and Stephen Ireland ring a bell? That is insulting to them. What about Jean II Makoun that you got rid of? He was one of the best passers in the squad. These comments are embarrassing.

Â