Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

the team with the best discipline and kicker will win it, and the referees are focusing in at the breakdown something fierce this year, and that doesn't bode well for New Zealand at all.

Aussies will do it I reckon, depending on how well they do against a team with a good rush defence, the game against Ireland will be a good test for them. I expect them to do us though, we've been shit.

As for England, well you can never rule them out, but I just don't think they have that something special to break the better defences down. Very organised, but very predictable.

South Africa have the players to go all the way again, they have the best kicker in Morne Steyn, and a game that not many teams like coming up against.

France could do it, but as always, it depends which team turns up.

Very impressed with Samoa might I add.

(And well done USA on beating the Russians)

Woohoo!!!

It's a great day for the Irish!

Phenomenal front five performance, especially the front row. I've never seen an Irish pack so dominant at set pieces.

I notice BoD didn't need to have his shirt replaced when the number on his back went missing. BoD doesn't need a number.

Hopefully, if the rest of the group goes to form we will have a six nations member in the final which would be terrific (though not for Zatman if it were England :))

Still, good win, but knowing us we'll bottle it against Italy.

Whatever elements the Irish team may lack, bottle isn't one of them.

The tackling today was ferocious and the Aussies (Hahahaha!) were not prepared for it.

QF minimum for this team I reckon.

The burglar can be as good to watch as any player in the world but bloody hell, he can also be a liability too. What was he doing with that no-look pass at the end?! Butchered an almost certain try and almost gifted Ireland one. That's his appeal I guess.

Can't decide if I'm happy about the way the draw looks like panning out now. IF (and it's a very big one) we get past France in QFs then I don't fancy us against Wales or Ireland and it will be unbearable to lose to either of them ha ha. God forbid either of them win it... :)

Good win for Ireland but australia were poor in the scrum a lot of unforced errors..

Healy a well deserved MOTM

Be interesting to see the sexton/o`gara change in the next match

Yes, the only consolation is that we can play a lot better than that but our front row has always been our weakness as long as i can remember :(

I wouldn't worry to much about the QF's just yet, plenty of shocks yet to come I think.

South Africa are looking much, much better though, and they play tournament rugby to perfection. It's not about flair and scoring tries, it's about winning. They do it very well, and so do England to be fair. It looks like we (Ireland) have learnt a lesson from England, and realised that battering teams up front is a handy way to go about things in cup rugby. The problem comes when we are favourites, we tend to have a shocker.

As for tomorow, Wales v Samoa should be a good one, I've a sneaky feeling Wales could get done if they aren't at full flow. Those Samoans are built for a bit of rugger.

Bring on an all nighter!

Â