Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

Cracking effort by Sctoland.

Pretty poor stuff from England - especially the indiscipline again. We need to improve hugely.

Yep, front row especially. Need more quick ball from scrum half too and Flood to start, he's been better than Wilko every time he's been on the pitch.

Still we got the result, just hope that Georgia can pull off a stunner against the Argies tomorrow.

Livid. Utterly livid. Horrible defeat to swallow, Scotland all but out now, bar a massive Argie implosion vs Georgia.

Why are referees of certain nations allowed to referee pool games in their own country's pool? It happened in Wales' group with a Welsh ref taking the Samoa-SA game (to the disgust of the Samoa supporters) and it happened with Scotland and Argentina, with that utter word removed Wayne Barnes refereeing.

I will say one thing though, England were poor and they will need to be good against France. I've seen a lot of England fans saying how they'll roll over France.... well.

Anyway rant over. Bitter pill to swallow.

I hope that due to erratic weather patterns or something Georgia manage to smash Argentina, Scotland deserve to go through.

I believe we have the ability to beat France but it all comes down to discipline which is a worrying thought.

If France play like today you should beat them but im sure they wil have been roasted after the match and be well up for the Quarters

Im sick of france too many times have they shown little respect to the opposition only to have there asses handed to them

Well then, thanks to Ireland a guaranteed NH finalist and the Tri-Nations teams are going to be battering each other silly to get to through to the final.

Full knockout games as follows with my picks in bold.

This Saturday is going to be a cracking day down the pub !

QFs

Ireland vs Wales

England vs France

South Africa vs Australia

New Zealand vs Argentina

SFs

England vs Wales

Australia vs New Zealand

Final

England vs Australia

Cannot wait for Ireland v Wales! Both teams looking awesome so far. I'm hoping they smash the living shit out of each other though and that the winner has at least five or six players ruled out for the semi IF (and it's a very big one) we should get past France.

England once again looking dopey and lacking anything approaching a competitive level of urgency, aggression and fluidity. Wilkinson's defence against the Scots was top notch I thought, despite a poor kicking display. Just putting this out there though - Ben Youngs is actually shit?

Surprise, surprise Delon Armitage cited and suspended for a tackle no worse than we've seen a hundred times this world cup. It seems the irrational hatred of England is counting against us off the pitch as well!

Not Jonny Wilkinson on current form!

Would go with whoever Ireland name at 10 vs Wales.

I am really, really looking forward to Wales-Ireland on Saturday - hopefully both sides at full whack, what a game it will be - Roberts v O'Driscoll, Shane and North vs Earls and Bowe and probably the biggest point will be at the face - whoever wins that front 5 battle will win this game.

My heart is telling me Wales - but its going to be very, very close. I just can't see how Ireland will stop Wales going forward with Roberts, Falatau and North breaking tackles at will so far this tournament and how good Wales' scrum is - the weakness for us is our lineout - about time the 6'10 charteris woke up a bit!

What a game its going to be though - I expect that game will produce this half's finalist. England are too static to beat either side and France are in complete disarray.

Dont discount the dirty Bokke from making the final either. Everything seems to be falling into place for them.

Cannot wait for Ireland v Wales! Both teams looking awesome so far. I'm hoping they smash the living shit out of each other though and that the winner has at least five or six players ruled out for the semi IF (and it's a very big one) we should get past France.

England once again looking dopey and lacking anything approaching a competitive level of urgency, aggression and fluidity. Wilkinson's defence against the Scots was top notch I thought, despite a poor kicking display. Just putting this out there though - Ben Youngs is actually shit?

Surprise, surprise Delon Armitage cited and suspended for a tackle no worse than we've seen a hundred times this world cup. It seems the irrational hatred of England is counting against us off the pitch as well!

Id take that as a positive. Armitage is not cut out at this level. Cueto and Ashton are Englands finishers. Go with them - the ball never seems to go wide often with England so you need someone there who'll do something with it when it does, not die with the ball.

Would love Ireland just to shade it over Wales - for no other reason than it would be a helluva party!!!

France will put England out of our misery, and I don't give a flying eff out of the Wannabes, sorry - Wallabies and the Saffers - just hope they belt the living shite out of each other!!!

Great weekend coming up, though

Â