Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

Please allow me to assist. The Welsh will be playing Western Samoa in the Group stages, I recommend you innocently ask your Welsh friends about the W Samoa games in the 1991 and 1999 World Cup. Once the glazed and traumatised look has disappeared from their faces I expect their confidence will have somewhat diminished :winkold:

Seriously though, that is one tough group the Welsh are in- South Africa, Samoa and Fiji. My 'bok mates are very worried about the physicality of the teams, so if Wales do make it through to the QFs they can probably expect to have picked up a few injuries along the way.

The Welsh players are in for one hell of a tough time, they are going to get absolutely physically battered in their group games. If they make it through it will not be without paying a price along the way.

I think the same is true of SA who will make it through but despite being no strangers to big hits may just come off worse than Wales seeing as they like to dish it out as well.

Please allow me to assist. The Welsh will be playing Western Samoa in the Group stages, I recommend you innocently ask your Welsh friends about the W Samoa games in the 1991 and 1999 World Cup. Once the glazed and traumatised look has disappeared from their faces I expect their confidence will have somewhat diminished :winkold:

Seriously though, that is one tough group the Welsh are in- South Africa, Samoa and Fiji. My 'bok mates are very worried about the physicality of the teams, so if Wales do make it through to the QFs they can probably expect to have picked up a few injuries along the way.

The Welsh players are in for one hell of a tough time, they are going to get absolutely physically battered in their group games. If they make it through it will not be without paying a price along the way.

I think the same is true of SA who will make it through but despite being no strangers to big hits may just come off worse than Wales seeing as they like to dish it out as well.

If the Saffers start to get battered physically, they will resort to dirty tactis to get themselves over the line, even if one or two of them get themselves sin-binned along the way.

If the Saffers start to get battered physically, they will resort to dirty tactis to get themselves over the line, even if one or two of them get themselves sin-binned along the way.

Extremely likely, wouldn't be surprised to see a red or a few sightings from their games.

Ok, I know naff all about Rugby but have been pressured into entering a work fantasy league, here is my random selection. Any obvious errors or omissions?

J Smit SA

K Mealamu NZ

S Moore AUS

D Vickerman AUS

N Sharpe AUS

T Croft ENG

A Thomson NZ

N Easter ENG

F du Preez SA

D Carter NZ

C Smith NZ

J de Villiers SA

B Foden ENG

T Bowe IRE

D Mitchell AUS

Ok, I know naff all about Rugby but have been pressured into entering a work fantasy league, here is my random selection. Any obvious errors or omissions?

J Smit SA

K Mealamu NZ

S Moore AUS

D Vickerman AUS

N Sharpe AUS

T Croft ENG

A Thomson NZ

N Easter ENG

F du Preez SA

D Carter NZ

C Smith NZ

J de Villiers SA

B Foden ENG

T Bowe IRE

D Mitchell AUS

Some really good picks in there mate, but 2-3 at least aren't starters for their teams so you'll be missing out on points. Sharpe and Mitchell aren't even on the bench for the Wallabies and Thomson is second choice to McCaw for NZ.

In those positions I've gone for Digby Ioane/Vincent Clerc/Kurtley Beale, Richie McCaw/Sam Warburton. George North, Shane Williams and Chris Ashton are worth a shout on the wings as well.

J Smit SA

K Mealamu NZ

S Moore AUS

D Vickerman AUS

N Sharpe AUS

T Croft ENG

A Thomson NZ

N Easter ENG

F du Preez SA

D Carter NZ

C Smith NZ

J de Villiers SA

B Foden ENG

T Bowe IRE

D Mitchell AUS

Some really good picks in there mate, but 2-3 at least aren't starters for their teams so you'll be missing out on points. Sharpe and Mitchell aren't even on the bench for the Wallabies and Thomson is second choice to McCaw for NZ.

I missed my flight, so not going to play too much. :)

The fitness levels and preparation of the current welsh side is phenomenal - i cant remember seeing a better prepared welsh side going out to a world cup.

mike phillips must have shed about half his body fat looking at him.

that win over england in cardiff showed wales can mix it with people coming with a physical approach

Â