Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

Ok, dropped a bit of a clanger at the weekend (in my fantasy team) and need to change my kicker for the next round of games. Is Carter (NZ) likely to play or will it be his understudy again? Should I go for the Aussie chap as they're play in the US?

Fair play Wales, maybe a bit lucky but superior conditioning was telling and they ground out a win. Samoa were the better side and deserved to win. If only Paul Williams had not missed a couple of easyish kicks and they'd had a bit more composure near the line.

To be fair, Samoa were off their feet at pretty much every single ruck.

Wales did well to grind out the result, rest a few against Namibia and then turn the screw against Fiji.

Hopefully make a quarter final against Ireland now (cracking result for them as discussed!) and that really does leave a huge wide open door for any of England, France, Ireland and Wales to be thinking theres a possible final on the cards here

Why doesn't Halfpenny start by the way? He's much better than North.

Sorry but no.... just no.

North is exactly what we've been crying out for since... forever really.

A big, aggressive ball runner who will hit up the middle but all importantly, can finish.

He's what? 6'3, 17 stone? Halfpenny is fast, very fast - and the natural successor to Shane after the WC for Wales but North is such a weapon. Everytime hes got the ball hes gone through tackles - Habana has faced some big boys but twice Norths been against him in his young international career and twice Habana has been taken off looking like a complete clearing in the woods defensively.

A big, aggressive ball runner who will hit up the middle but all importantly, can finish.

He's what? 6'3, 17 stone? Halfpenny is fast, very fast - and the natural successor to Shane after the WC for Wales but North is such a weapon. Everytime hes got the ball hes gone through tackles - Habana has faced some big boys but twice Norths been against him in his young international career and twice Habana has been taken off looking like a complete clearing in the woods defensively.

Yep. Gutted a quality English player ends up playing for Wales! :D Let's hope the something doesn't happen with Ben Morgan. Now he would've been a great alternative to Waldrom!

Yep. Gutted a quality English player ends up playing for Wales! :D Let's hope the something doesn't happen with Ben Morgan. Now he would've been a great alternative to Waldrom!

... see last post! :) haha

I've heard Morgan's being really touted by Wales and the WRU are desperate for him to swing over to us - another Charvis that is potentially.

George North is a fantastic player - breaks the first tackle every single time. Saying that, I'd be starting Halfpenny, North and Williams as Wales' back 3 anyway - as LH is seriously quick and those three would be as good a finishing unit as any out there in the tournament. All know where the line is.

Gridiron got bigger faster in Germany.

Yeah, and thankfully it went tits up.

Compare the domestic leagues and national teams

(the gridiron governing body has a membership of 40k (about double what it was in 2000)... the rugby federation has 12k members and:

wiki"]

The German Rugby Federation suffered a major crisis in 2011, finding itself close to insolvency, being € 200,000 in debt. The situation was brought on by the annual grant of the German federal ministry of the interior, BMI, not being paid in 2010 after the ministry voiced concerns that the DRV was not using the money for the desired purpose, to support the sport. A legal battle that the DRV chairman Claus-Peter Bach fought with the ministry did not bring the desired result but instead worsened the situation. Bach consequently announced he would not stand for another term in July 2011 and was replaced by Ralph Götz. The DRV was able to secure a private loan to survive and hopes to attract sponsors that had withdrawn under Bach as well as to reach a settlement with the BMI.

It's probably just a preference thing. I've never really liked the rangey wingers, Shane Horgan style, i've always prefered the raw pace/low centre of gravity out wide. I don't think Norths a bad player, far from it, but more a Full Back/Outside Centre in my own mind.

Horses for courses and all that.

Edit: What has happened to Matt Giteau by the way? Aussies are missing him big time.

Absolutely livid. Firstly with the inability to tackle that Argie who isn't even that good for the try. And for Parks being far too close to their line when he tried the drop goal. Oh and with that word removed Wayne Barnes who continues in his everlong mission to piss me off, taken it to international as well as domestic. How the **** did he not see Contepomi was offside!?

Â