Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

Eliota_Fuimaono-Sapolu is the biggest word removed in history of sport. He should really be banned for all his comments.

1st he compared playing a game with only 3 days rest as comparable to Holocaust, slavery and apartheid. Now he accused Nigel Owens of being a racist

Well he has been banned for not turning up to the hearing.

I would question why Nigal Owens was allowed to ref a match which had a direct impact on Wales going through.

Similarly, why is an English ref refereeing (and refereeing poorly) between Scotland and Argentina, who were challengers in England's group? No referee should referee in his own pool.

As for Eli F-S, some of his comments (apartheid, slavery etc) are completely over the top and stupid and unnecessary. However with regards to his claims about the complete lack of rest Samoa had in comparison to Wales was not unjust, IIRC Wales had a far longer rest as Samoa were almost thrown straight from one game to the game against Wales, with a day or twos rest. He needs to learn not to tweet his mind on it though. And Samoa were **** over by Owens v SA, so you cn understand his frustration at that, especially considering Owens' impacting nationality.

However he needs to grit his teeth and say nothing, not constantly kick up fuss.

The Beeb have said Wilko is to start.

Bugger. I now have serious concerns that the CESM will do us.

What the hell more does the Flood meister have to do to get in ahead of the blue eyed boy?

Habven't Englands last two WC games against France been won by strong kicking though? With Wilkinson in that kind of form, England may well lose. Plenty of other players to make up tackling duties.

Habven't Englands last two WC games against France been won by strong kicking though? With Wilkinson in that kind of form, England may well lose. Plenty of other players to make up tackling duties.

Exactermundo Andrew.

Wilko's been an embarrasment so far this WC with his kicking.

The CESM will be happy with this news. Doesn't matter if they give away and pens, as we won't be kicking points off them, FTL.

Floodster comes on against The Scotchmen, and immediately sets up the only try and then scores the conversion.

Showed Wilko how it should be done.

Going to be tough to win this one now ....

There you go - they're both in.

I think thats the best option for England really, and IIRC it means you've got a right and left footed kicker in the side?

Wales have named up - surprised to see Halfpenny in at 15, thought we'd have stuck with Byrne but thats probably as potent an attacking back 3 as we can name - Halfpenny provides us the 50m penalty goal option too.

Roberts & Davies in the centre - know what we're going to get there - hitting the line at speed and hopefully crossing the gain line regularly - especially with Priestland rather than Jones at 10 - delivers a much flatter pass and has really got the best out of Roberts for us.

The animal that is Danny Lydiate being back is a huge, huge boost - this is our best back row trio and hopefully they can get us some sort of ball against that very very impressive irish set - front 5 - well, the lineouts theirs, the scrums ours... game on. :)

I think the finalist from the NH side of the draw will come from the Wales-Ireland quarter final. Far too much quality and importantly, form, for the other two to handle imo.

Just seen England's line-up for Saturday. While I'm excited to see Flood starting outside Wilko, I'm gutted to see Haskell dropped for the fat, useless, arrogant lump Easter. One of our best-performing forwards dropped for one that offers us practically nothing other than jogging around being fat. I know a few people who've met him as well as he's apparently a word removed of the highest order. It's embarrassing that we start with such a plodder when I look at the dynamic 8s playing for other nations. Oh well. Hoping he proves me wrong.

Glad to see Palmer in the side, although not at the expense of Lawes, who I like. Disappointed Joe Simpson doesn't make the bench - would've liked a look at him after how disappointing Youngs and Wigglesworth have been.

Our march to the final is assured id we continue playing the way we are. We're certainly the best northern hemisphere team. Can't wait for saturday now, though I've still no accommodation in Wellington :shock: but it'll be fine. We irish have swallowed up this country, there's like half of ireland here so will have a campervan floor to stay on at the least.

Must say New Zealand is an amazing place, never short of something to do, from skydiving and bungee jumping to rafting, skiing glacier climbing and even today whale watching. Really amazing place. People have been amazing too, helped by their taking of Ireland as their second team.

Picton tomorrow.

Interesting how many Ireland fans have tickets for Saturday - Wales fans travelling picked up 1/4 final ones for this game on the belief we'd be 2nd - how many Irish fans thought theyd top the group?

This game will be down to who picks up on the refs interpretation at the breakdown first. Its going to be a 1 score game by the looks of things - a slow adjustment to playing the ref could cost a side 6-9 points which could be the final margin

Excuse my Rugby ignorance, but now that Sargeant Wilko and Flood are in the same team, who kicks the pens/conversions?

Flood, surely?

And would that mean that Wilko is essentially solely in the side for his defensive attributes?

I'd imagine Wilkinson would be the first choice though.

Given his kicking at this WC? :shock:

It'll be an interesting one .... if it's Wilko, it'll be based on nothing more than sentiment and history. Certainly wouldn't be on form ...

Yeah I'm backing Jonny to handle the pressure like he has so many times before. His kicking stats are a little misleading as a fair few of the ones he's missed were really tough ones (although there were a couple of sitters in there, too). Like Chris says though, it's good to have right and left footed options, particularly for touchline shots.

Â