Rugby World Cup 2011

Jezza

Halfpenny's fine under the high ball - he's got a boot on him too.

The issue I would have had is if Hook had been fullback - hes not natural there.

Its going to be a hell of a close game, really looking forward to it though, just hope the referee doesnt spoil it.

James Hook on the bench? Bloody hell. I know he's just coming back from an injury but still. What an impact player to bring on though... Could be the difference in the end. I'm fancying Cymru for this one at the moment...

We're certainly the best northern hemisphere team

we have won 1 6 nations in history due to a Welsh missed penalty and we are best Northern Hemisphere side. Ridiculous

I presume he was talking about form side at the moment which of course is also up for debate, to be settled on Saturday I guess.

we have won 1 6 nations in history due to a Welsh missed penalty and we are best Northern Hemisphere side. Ridiculous

The missed penalty won Ireland the Grand Slam. Ireland had already secured the 6 Nations at that point :?

The missed penalty won Ireland the Grand Slam. Ireland had already secured the 6 Nations at that point :?

Yeah IIRC Wales had to win by 15 points or something to secure the title that day?

Forms about winning, in that respect England and Ireland are the form nations in these games...

Hook is a great player to bring off our bench, we've got an awful lot of depth these days compared to years gone by, when you consider we've got British Lions from the most recent tour not even getting onto the bench now in Andy Powell and Lee Byrne - I am surprised by Byrne's omission though.

Its going to be a cracking game, there are so many key battles - I do think the side to adjust to the refs breakdown interpretation first will win it though - just hope we're not talking about the referee after as a real reason why one of the sides are going home.

I think the key is the breakdown, Ireland have not came up against a top class 7 so far, Pocock was injured for the Aussies and The Italian 7 has just came back from an injury. O' Brien whilst being a top class player is not a 7 where as Warbution is fast to the break down, turns ball over and also slows it down. It is going to be close, I think Ireland might just edge it as they have a little bit more experience, but Wales have more natural footballers over the whole team than Ireland.

I think the key is the breakdown, Ireland have not came up against a top class 7 so far, Pocock was injured for the Aussies and The Italian 7 has just came back from an injury. O' Brien whilst being a top class player is not a 7 where as Warbution is fast to the break down, turns ball over and also slows it down. It is going to be close, I think Ireland might just edge it as they have a little bit more experience, but Wales have more natural footballers over the whole team than Ireland.

And this is precisely why it's going to be a classic -passion, blood and thunder from two highly charged and talented teams.

Wales were utterly superb in every area. Hats off to them. They were by far the better side.

If they replicate that form in the semi and the final, there's every chance that they will win the whole thing.

Good luck to Wales for the rest of the competition.

Â